E-Bay Old Firm touts

1st_Jan_1994

Jim i understand what your saying, if you dont give him the money he will lose out, but if i dont have any choice to get to an old firm game and its 5 mins before k.o and i had the £100 in my pocket to be spent on a ticket I would give him it. Although after the game Id be like I could have missed that no big deal. But for the 90mins inside the ground Id be so thankful I bought the ticket :lol:

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pfft. I thought about it - didn't take long. Asking someone to agree (or not) to a choice isn't a rip-off.

Just because you don't like the comparison hardly invalidates it.

It does invalidate it in my eyes. For the exact reasons I gave.

I'm amazed there's even a debate about touting and ripping Rangers fans off tbh.

For the record, I wouldn't grass them to Rangers, personally but if anyone does it's not the same as some little handwringer grassing a Bear to a steward for singing the Billy Boys (I use Billy Boys as an example, as I assume that's the one people think will get the club into trouble)

alright then, the famine song

we have been told not to sing that by the club havent we? also havent the police mentioned it also

and theres not a chance the famine songs is a traditional song

The famine song isn't a traditional song, but Rangers ask us not to do a lot of things because they go running scared from the media.

There's no evidence at all that the famine song would get us into trouble. If anyone grassed a fellow Bear for that, then I'd assume if for their own twisted little agenda than the good of Rangers.

Jim i understand what your saying, if you dont give him the money he will lose out, but if i dont have any choice to get to an old firm game and its 5 mins before k.o and i had the £100 in my pocket to be spent on a ticket I would give him it. Although after the game Id be like I could have missed that no big deal. But for the 90mins inside the ground Id be so thankful I bought the ticket :lol:

if your running around outside of a ground 5 mins before kick off then you must be desperate :lol:

especially if it was at the piggery, fuck finding a pub if that 5 mins elapses and your still ticketless :lol:

If one Rangers fan offered you £40 for a ticket and another Rangers fan offered you £300, anyone who says they'd take the £40 is a liar

It's not great behaviour, i would always put a ticket on Buy it Now for face value, but he's not forcing people to buy them

If one Rangers fan offered you £40 for a ticket and another Rangers fan offered you £300, anyone who says they'd take the £40 is a liar

It's not great behaviour, i would always put a ticket on Buy it Now for face value, but he's not forcing people to buy them

I must a liar then.

It does invalidate it in my eyes. For the exact reasons I gave.

I'm amazed there's even a debate about touting and ripping Rangers fans off tbh.

For the record, I wouldn't grass them to Rangers, personally but if anyone does it's not the same as some little handwringer grassing a Bear to a steward for singing the Billy Boys (I use Billy Boys as an example, as I assume that's the one people think will get the club into trouble)

There is no rip-off if people have a choice. Energy companies upping prices to the public when raw material costs are higher, then refusing to drop them when raw material costs fall is a rip-off. Because people have no choice.

Buying a ticket from a tout (or not) is absolutely a choice.

Do you feel the same when you see a scarf for sale outside Ibrox for a fiver when in all probability they cost less than a pound to make?

Check this for rip-off potential as you would have it: 2 ferrapown

Grassing a bear for flogging a ticket for what he can get or grassing another for singing is a perfectly valid comparison as the intent and results are virtually identical. You can't have it all ways.

And where would you draw the line? What if a bear has a ticket and a genuinely pressing financial need, say a wife crying out for money for clothes for a bairn, should he decide it's all he has worthy of sale you reckon he should flog it at face value or is that exception ok to make a profit?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rangers-V-Celtic-2-Tickets-2011-/220715252260?pt=UK_SportsMemorabilia_Football_Memorabilia_ET&hash=item3363a77a24

£245 for a pair of Club Deck tickets. Surely people are just bidding with no intention of paying to fuck him up?

If I didn't have a perfect feedback rating myself I'd bid 10 million and not pay.

Btw, in doing so you might also fuck up the chance for people desperate to see The Rangers with no other access to tickets.

And isn't it the case that sellers can no longer leave negative feedback for buyers so your rating would remain pristine?

There is no rip-off if people have a choice. Energy companies upping prices to the public when raw material costs are higher, then refusing to drop them when raw material costs fall is a rip-off. Because people have no choice.

Buying a ticket from a tout (or not) is absolutely a choice.

Do you feel the same when you see a scarf for sale outside Ibrox for a fiver when in all probability they cost less than a pound to make?

Check this for rip-off potential as you would have it: 2 ferrapown

Grassing a bear for flogging a ticket for what he can get or grassing another for singing is a perfectly valid comparison as the intent and results are virtually identical. You can't have it all ways.

And where would you draw the line? What if a bear has a ticket and a genuinely pressing financial need, say a wife crying out for money for clothes for a bairn, should he decide it's all he has worthy of sale you reckon he should flog it at face value or is that exception ok to make a profit?

I'm not asking for it "all ways"

I told you why I think it's a flawed comparison and it's not just becauseI don't like the comparison, as you said. So don't insult me.

The difference is some little paranoid handwringer, taking offence to a song sung by Rangers fans and grassing them up is different to informing the club about someone taking advantage of Rangers fans and the sense of ocassion, when there's very little evidence to suggest that singing songs will get us into trouble, perhaps Billy Boys aside for European competition only.

If the tout get's grassed to Rangers, then his tickets get stopped and perhaps a decent fan will get the tickets he might get in future at face value.

As I said, I wouldn't grass anyone. But if someone grassed a tout so he couldn't tout again then fine.

I find it interesting you've said something along the lines of the tout might need the money. That's clutching at straws. What about the person that feels he's got no choice but to pay the £200 if he wants to see the game and he get's made redundant the next week. Does his feelings and circumstances not count either?

Face value and face value only. We can argue about grassing until the cows come home, but that's just a side issue here. Don't tell me for one minute this E-Bay tout didn't have someone that wanted the tickets off him? going on the E-Bay questions there was loads of people asking for a buy it now, which he refused. What does that tell you? the auction didn't even have a low start and/or no reserve so someone could have got a wee bargain either.

Btw, in doing so you might also fuck up the chance for people desperate to see The Rangers with no other access to tickets.

And isn't it the case that sellers can no longer leave negative feedback for buyers so your rating would remain pristine?

I didn't know that. As I said, I've not had a bad feedback so I wouldn't know.

I'd imagine he'd file a non paying buyer report to E-Bay so he didn't have to pay the E-Bay fees and E-Bay would act with a warning or putting restrictions on my account.

KPLfishtank is on holiday for 5 weeks. He gave his season ticket to Dado for Hearts at home and the bheggars at home. He didn't take a penny for it, he just asked Dado to make a donation to a Rangers charity.That is what a real Bear would do. :)

Perfect. (tu)

Guest SandyWATP
KPLfishtank is on holiday for 5 weeks. He gave his season ticket to Dado for Hearts at home and the bheggars at home. He didn't take a penny for it, he just asked Dado to make a donation to a Rangers charity.That is what a real Bear would do.

A minute ago we were saying it should be face value, now we are not a "real bear" if we don't hand it over for free?

Nae bawhair.

A minute ago we were saying it should be face value, now we are not a "real bear" if we don't hand it over for free?

Nae bawhair.

All interpretations mate. What KPL did was noteworthy of course, and the charity aspect is commendable. Real Bears imho, would only charge face value. KPL went a wee bit further. (tu)

But.. as stated in previous posts, what would a Bear do if he/she was desperate for money? It becomes more complex.

alright then, the famine song

we have been told not to sing that by the club havent we? also havent the police mentioned it also

and theres not a chance the famine songs is a traditional song

exactly its the exact same!

Back on topic though i do think its a disgrace what ticket touts do but it happens for concert tickets and all sorts

exactly its the exact same!

Back on topic though i do think its a disgrace what ticket touts do but it happens for concert tickets and all sorts

Difference with concerts and that is you might be unlikely (at a guess) to get say a true Take That, Elton John, Rod Stewart fan (for example) ripping another Take That, Elton John, Rod Steward fan off. There's different types of touts. There's guys that make a living from it, then there's greedy bastard Rangers fans out to fleece fellow fans.

Some of the excuse in this thread is laughable ... his baby might need clothes, it happens at concerts etc.

It's no wonder there's fuck-all sense of unity between the fans anymore. We are all meant to be like a family.

In Seville last season I had a wee old guy offer me his ticket for fuck-all If I had problems collecting mine from the hotel. That's what a Rangers fan is in my eyes. Looking out for fellow Bears - not ripping them off and others then making excuses for them.

I will be travelling up from the South of England with my son,we will get there early and try for tickets outside but it will be worth the journey just to show my son how lucky he is to have been born as my old man managed to get me out 40 years ago!!

We will stay up and attend the service on Monday.

If we dont get tickets wheres the best pub to go and watch closest to the stadium

Forgot to add anyone that wants free transport from down south let me know (tu)

Difference with concerts and that is you might be unlikely (at a guess) to get say a true Take That, Elton John, Rod Stewart fan (for example) ripping another Take That, Elton John, Rod Steward fan off. There's different types of touts. There's guys that make a living from it, then there's greedy bastard Rangers fans out to fleece fellow fans.

Some of the excuse in this thread is laughable ... his baby might need clothes, it happens at concerts etc.

It's no wonder there's fuck-all sense of unity between the fans anymore. We are all meant to be like a family.

In Seville last season I had a wee old guy offer me his ticket for fuck-all If I had problems collecting mine from the hotel. That's what a Rangers fan is in my eyes. Looking out for fellow Bears - not ripping them off and others then making excuses for them.

Not all the time though you can get guys say Take That fans who buy tickets for themselves and then get extras and sell those. And imo it doesnt make a difference the reason for doing it, a tout is a tout, i'd say it makes it worse if the person makes a living out it as they do it on a regular basis. Like i said i dont agree with it i dont think grassing is right though