E-Bay Old Firm touts

1st_Jan_1994

I will be travelling up from the South of England with my son,we will get there early and try for tickets outside but it will be worth the journey just to show my son how lucky he is to have been born as my old man managed to get me out 40 years ago!!

We will stay up and attend the service on Monday.

If we dont get tickets wheres the best pub to go and watch closest to the stadium?

Right time, right place on the day mate and I'm sure you will get a ticket.

If not, most of the pubs are ticket only on Old Firm day, but I'd try the Wee Rangers Club as most of the regulars will be at the game and you might get in there.

Just watch when walking there as it's right through the Celtic end.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all the time though you can get guys say Take That fans who buy tickets for themselves and then get extras and sell those. And imo it doesnt make a difference the reason for doing it, a tout is a tout, i'd say it makes it worse if the person makes a living out it as they do it on a regular basis. Like i said i dont agree with it i dont think grassing is right though

I never said it will never happen. I'm saying that true fans of the band in concert would feel the same way as disgusted Rangers fans - and rightly so.

Hand on heart when I say this, I honestly wish I had 100 tickets for this game. I'd even pay the £100 worth of booking fee's out my own pocket (if the ticket office still take £1 per ticket) and give the tickets to guys that deserve it or are worthy. Nothing to do with money.

(

Right time, right place on the day mate and I'm sure you will get a ticket.

If not, most of the pubs are ticket only on Old Firm day, but I'd try the Wee Rangers Club as most of the regulars will be at the game and you might get in there.

Just watch when walking there as it's right through the Celtic end.

(tu)Cheers

There's different types of touts. There's guys that make a living from it, then there's greedy bastard Rangers fans out to fleece fellow fans.

Some of the excuse in this thread is laughable ... his baby might need clothes, it happens at concerts etc.

No less laughable than some of your inane arguments. Now you give us the acceptable face of touting vs the greedy bastard variety. :lol:

Behave yourself.

No less laughable than some of your inane arguments. Now you give us the acceptable face of touting vs the greedy bastard variety. :lol:

Behave yourself.

Much more laughable. You were clutching at straws with some of the logic you were using to justify it.

Acceptable face of touting? it's unacceptable across the board. I was explaining the difference as to why it makes it even more gaulling when it's Rangers fans ripping each other off over sense of ocassion.

During the madness when everyone was looking for tickets for Manchester in 2008 my mate won a bid for £900 for 2 tickets on ebay from a guy in Liverpool. He knew face value was £190 for both tickets, IIRC, so he drove down, when the guy went to give him the tickets he cracked him and threw the £190 face value on the floor of his front porch.

Justice is done. (tu)

That is outstanding :lol:

:praise: :praise:

That's what a Rangers fan is in my eyes. Looking out for fellow Bears - not ripping them off and others then making excuses for them.

turn it up, so if i dont look out for any old tom, dick or harry that claims to be a bear also, then i am not a "real bear"

if these guys desperate for a ticket are "real bears" then they can perfrectly get a season ticket giving them both old firm games and first choice for other exclusive games

the fact is a season book for 400 quid, you are really only paying for the 2 old firm games and then first choice for glamour euro ties, so in effect an old firm ticket is probably worth 200 quid no matter what the ticket says on it

turn it up, so if i dont look out for any old tom, dick or harry that claims to be a bear also, then i am not a "real bear"

if these guys desperate for a ticket are "real bears" then they can perfrectly get a season ticket giving them both old firm games and first choice for other exclusive games

I wish you'd stop being twisted. You know that's not what I meant.

The second part, I was actually going to mention that at some point myself. Probably when you and Moses stopped being obtuse and justifying the touts actions.

this is what you posted

That's what a Rangers fan is in my eyes. Looking out for fellow Bears

so if i go abroad and wear my rangers top, i can expect favourable treatment from other rangers fans if i require it, as thats the bears way isnt it :rolleyes:

fact is unless you actually know the person, you will take any bit of luck thats coming to0 you in this day and age

its your donald duck that you'd knock back 200 quid for a ticket, only to go home and the missus says the washing machine is on the blink

what you will probably find is that most football fans wont ask for funny money for a ticket because its not a done thing, tickets that we see on ebay and such will be tickets bought purely and simply by a tout for the purpose of making money

if i was a neutral, and fancied a bit of cash, it would be easy as fuck to buy a couple of season books for ibrox, and then tout the old firm games, tout the highly anticipated euro games, then you just head down to ibrox every week and sell the other home tickets at face value

just think, 16 non old firm home games, at 25 quid a ticket, thats 400 quid right away without punting the old firm tickets, another 200 for the old firm tickets (100 quid a game) and thats 600 quid from SPL home games

add that to 3 champions league ties (like this season) at what, 60-70 quid a pop, then the europa league run say 2 more home games at 45 quid a pop, thats 300 quid from european games

so a 400 quid season book immediately becomes a 900 quid money maker, 500 quid profit

this is what you posted

so if i go abroad and wear my rangers top, i can expect favourable treatment from other rangers fans if i require it, as thats the bears way isnt it :rolleyes:

fact is unless you actually know the person, you will take any bit of luck thats coming to0 you in this day and age

its your donald duck that you'd knock back 200 quid for a ticket, only to go home and the missus says the washing machine is on the blink

what you will probably find is that most football fans wont ask for funny money for a ticket because its not a done thing, tickets that we see on ebay and such will be tickets bought purely and simply by a tout for the purpose of making money

if i was a neutral, and fancied a bit of cash, it would be easy as fuck to buy a couple of season books for ibrox, and then tout the old firm games, tout the highly anticipated euro games, then you just head down to ibrox every week and sell the other home tickets at face value

just think, 16 non old firm home games, at 25 quid a ticket, thats 400 quid right away without punting the old firm tickets, another 200 for the old firm tickets (100 quid a game) and thats 600 quid from SPL home games

add that to 3 champions league ties (like this season) at what, 60-70 quid a pop, then the europa league run say 2 more home games at 45 quid a pop, thats 300 quid from european games

so a 400 quid season book immediately becomes a 900 quid money maker, 500 quid profit

OK so you wouldn't class someone who offers you a free ticket as a real bear?

There's no way that makes other Rangers fans any less of a bear. How can you come to that conclusion?

I'll rephrase...

Your a real bear, but that guy was a good bear.

Unless your going to leap up and tell me to "behave" "turn it up" or whatever and accuse me of saying your a bad bear because I called him a good bear.

Do you realise how pathetic all this sounds?

OK so you wouldn't class someone who offers you a free ticket as a real bear?

There's no way that makes other Rangers fans any less of a bear. How can you come to that conclusion?

I'll rephrase...

Your a real bear, but that guy was a good bear.

Unless your going to leap up and tell me to "behave" "turn it up" or whatever and accuse me of saying your a bad bear because I called him a good bear.

Do you realise how pathetic all this sounds?

aye he's a good bear, so was my mate who managed to get me a euro final ticket at face value

but if he had wanted any other price for it i wouldnt class him anything less that still a good bear, its a chance to make some cash, especially as i said i would happily pay more,

in actual fact i offered to pay his bus fares down to manchester, he said no

and on the subject of manchester, i wonder how man supporters buses made a tasty profit on bus charges for that trip, are they dirty as well, our 2 buses down were full, and if i rememebr correctly we were 40 quid a head

a coach holds what? 50 people, so thats 2 grand a coach, 4 grand overall for hiring 2 coaches for 36 hours, no drivers as the RSC uses its own drivers

and i dont grudge them a single penny as they offered 100 bears a safe journey down to manchester that day

aye he's a good bear, so was my mate who managed to get me a euro final ticket at face value

but if he had wanted any other price for it i wouldnt class him anything less that still a good bear, its a chance to make some cash, especially as i said i would happily pay more,

in actual fact i offered to pay his bus fares down to manchester, he said no

and on the subject of manchester, i wonder how man supporters buses made a tasty profit on bus charges for that trip, are they dirty as well, our 2 buses down were full, and if i rememebr correctly we were 40 quid a head

a coach holds what? 50 people, so thats 2 grand a coach, 4 grand overall for hiring 2 coaches for 36 hours, no drivers as the RSC uses its own drivers

and i dont grudge them a single penny as they offered 100 bears a safe journey down to manchester that day

Supporters clubs need to operate that way. Clubs that run buses to every single game can have a coach with maybe half a dozen people on it going to Aberdeen or Inverness and losing a shit load of money (because of lack of tickets)

It's not any one individual that gains out it either, as it goes into the clubs fund for a rainy day.

The club I help run, we need to have x amount in the bank incase we need a new mini bus, get Celtic at Parkhead in the cup (16 tickets x £40) etc etc. There's loads of reasons for it.

Take what's over money-wise on trips over the course of a season and compare it to when you've lost money on trips and your lucky if you've broke even. Any money clubs make really comes from Christmas raffles, racenights, lottos/totes etc.

Supporters clubs need to operate that way. Clubs that run buses to every single game can have a coach with maybe half a dozen people on it going to Aberdeen or Inverness and losing a shit load of money (because of lack of tickets)

It's not any one individual that gains out it either, as it goes into the clubs fund for a rainy day.

The club I help run, we need to have x amount in the bank incase we need a new mini bus, get Celtic at Parkhead in the cup (16 tickets x £40) etc etc. There's loads of reasons for it.

Take what's over money-wise on trips over the course of a season and compare it to when you've lost money on trips and your lucky if you've broke even. Any money clubs make really comes from Christmas raffles, racenights, lottos/totes etc.

thats why i didnt mention about during the season games, but for this big occasion when every bus knows it will be full of non regulars, they charged far more than they normally would

so basically they took advantage of a situation to make a few bob. doesnt that sound familiar

thats why i didnt mention about during the season games, but for this big occasion when every bus knows it will be full of non regulars, they charged far more than they normally would

so basically they took advantage of a situation to make a few bob. doesnt that sound familiar

But they haven't really.

They will have had members that was planning to travel and they will have put a bus on anyway and if non members want to travel with you then it's all good.

You can't compare that to touting as the difference is any proceeds is classed as fundraising and goes towards club funds where a tout is someone out to make profit by ripping off his own fans.

£40 were what Rangers were charging, but there was buses charging £30. Do you think £30 is unresonable for 3.5/4 hours down and the same back up? a coach doing possibly upto an 8 hour round trip for £30 is not exactly unresonable. Would you not agree?

But they haven't really.

They will have had members that was planning to travel and they will have put a bus on anyway and if non members want to travel with you then it's all good.

You can't compare that to touting as the difference is any proceeds is classed as fundraising and goes towards club funds where a tout is someone out to make profit by ripping off his own fans.

£40 were what Rangers were charging, but there was buses charging £30. Do you think £30 is unresonable for 3.5/4 hours down and the same back up? a coach doing possibly upto an 8 hour round trip for £30 is not exactly unresonable. Would you not agree?

you are missing my point completely

the bus i went down with charges non members enough on match days to at least cover the bus (on top of any money made by the members selling the totes)

but the manchester journey the bus immediately went from a 2/3rds full coach to 2 full coaches, so they made a few bob extra to go towards the club, and thats fair enough imo

say a bear travels up from liverpool every game, or from N ireland, and has a spare ticket for an old firm game, would you grudge him selling it at a higher value if it was to cover his yearly travel costs, just like a supporters bus does

i expected to pay more going down to manchester because of the occasion, and would have paid whatever it took especially as i had a ticket

supporters clubs charge non members more every game, so whats the difference if a bear charges a non season ticket holder more for a ticket if the money can help him out

Bidding for the one in the OP started at 99p :rolleyes:

Ah, thanks. (tu)

Wouldn't call that touting, they could have been sold for £70 in that case, for two of them. The seller only gets what people are prepared to pay for them. Doesn't look as if he asked for a price, it came "out of the blue" and is "different" as 1st Jan said I'm sure.

you are missing my point completely

the bus i went down with charges non members enough on match days to at least cover the bus (on top of any money made by the members selling the totes)

but the manchester journey the bus immediately went from a 2/3rds full coach to 2 full coaches, so they made a few bob extra to go towards the club, and thats fair enough imo

say a bear travels up from liverpool every game, or from N ireland, and has a spare ticket for an old firm game, would you grudge him selling it at a higher value if it was to cover his yearly travel costs, just like a supporters bus does

i expected to pay more going down to manchester because of the occasion, and would have paid whatever it took especially as i had a ticket

supporters clubs charge non members more every game, so whats the difference if a bear charges a non season ticket holder more for a ticket if the money can help him out

I'm not missing the point.

I know exactly what your saying. It's one price for members and a higher price for the non-members. Every club operates the same way. Are all RSC's touts?

After the running costs for a journey are taken care of, anything left over goes straight into club funds because there will be an Inverness or Aberdeen game, when it costs a fortune for a coach and there's maybe only half a dozen bodies on the bus due to the ticket allocations. It's called taking the rough with the smooth as come the end of the season when you way up the journey costs, your doing well if you've broke even.

I know your not directly comparing it to touting. You couldn't anyway as it's club fundraising as opposed to one individual creaming it at the expense of someone else.

Ah, thanks. (tu)

Wouldn't call that touting, they could have been sold for £70 in that case, for two of them. The seller only gets what people are prepared to pay for them. Doesn't look as if he asked for a price, it came "out of the blue" and is "different" as 1st Jan said I'm sure.

They didn't start at 99p.

It was in my watchlist the minute they went up. They started at £100.

Trust me.

I'm not missing the point.

I know exactly what your saying. It's one price for members and a higher price for the non-members. Every club operates the same way. Are all RSC's touts?

After the running costs for a journey are taken care of, anything left over goes straight into club funds because there will be an Inverness or Aberdeen game, when it costs a fortune for a coach and there's maybe only half a dozen bodies on the bus due to the ticket allocations. It's called taking the rough with the smooth as come the end of the season when you way up the journey costs, your doing well if you've broke even.

I know your not directly comparing it to touting. You couldn't anyway as it's club fundraising as opposed to one individual creaming it at the expense of someone else.

who says that the guy is creaming it

the extra money made from the ticket could pay his travel costs for a full season

just like a supporters bus