E-Bay Old Firm touts

1st_Jan_1994

who says that the guy is creaming it

the extra money made from the ticket could pay his travel costs for a full season

just like a supporters bus

He must hire one of them party fire engines to Ibrox every second week if he wants £245 to cover his costs.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and if he goes to away games, euro games etc

OK.

So to just nail this down..

It's ok to tout 2 Old Firm tickets for £245 because it will pay a European trip or a hand full of away games?

To be honest, Moses' justification of his baby needing clothes etc is a much better reason than that.

OK.

So to just nail this down..

It's ok to tout 2 Old Firm tickets for £245 because it will pay a European trip or a hand full of away games?

To be honest, Moses' justification of his baby needing clothes etc is a much better reason than that.

so it isnt allowed for fans to punt tickets at a higher cost to make ends meet

but its alright for supporters clubs to punt bus spaces at a higher cost to make ends meet

so it isnt allowed for fans to punt tickets at a higher cost to make ends meet

but its alright for supporters clubs to punt bus spaces at a higher cost to make ends meet

No. It's not.

Your clutching at more and more straws here.

When you join a supporters club, you know what your signing upto. You know it needs to raise as much money as possible to stay affloat and to get people to games etc.

That's why they try and raise money.

To say it's ok for an individual to tout to get himself to more games is laughable. A supporters club is a collective, which benefits every member. Not just one person.

and that's even assuming this guy wants to make his own ends meet in regards to going to Rangers games. If he is as far travelled as you guess/suggest (European aways and domestic aways) then why is he missing a big Old Firm game and cashing in. That defeats the point.

We've long established that you don't mind touts. That's upto you. We've been going around in circles for almost 24 hours now. I just hope there's not a big game you miss out on one day because the only free ticket belongs to a tout, asking money you can't afford.

Much more laughable. You were clutching at straws with some of the logic you were using to justify it.

Acceptable face of touting? it's unacceptable across the board. I was explaining the difference as to why it makes it even more gaulling when it's Rangers fans ripping each other off over sense of ocassion.

Eh? Just how do you rip someone off over a 'sense of occasion'? You seem to be getting your knickers and arguments in a twist here. I have no need to clutch at straws when the facts are clear.

Here they are again - sellers can offer tickets for what they want and buyers don't have to pay any more than they choose.

I have no problem with it.

I just hope there's not a big game you miss out on one day because the only free ticket belongs to a tout, asking money you can't afford.

He'll be fine if it's just you two looking for a ticket, eh? After all, you would surely walk away on a point of principle, wouldn't you?

And you couldn't buy anything from these touting bastards either: 'Fishel Touts

He'll be fine if it's just you two looking for a ticket, eh? After all, you would surely walk away on a point of principle, wouldn't you?

Old firm at parkhead from £169.00 :pipe:

The one in the OP started at 99p and there were 22 bids when you posted it. First thing i checked when i seen the post.

Edit: http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=220715252260 there you go.

Apologies. I must have had a different one in my watchlist.

I've made that point many times on here. Rangers and Thomas Cook are the biggest touts about sometimes.

Doesn't make it ok tho.

Apologies. I must have had a different one in my watchlist.

Nae bother ;) . I do agree that touting to fellow rangers fans is bad. But I don't know if I would classify this case as touting, some folk will say it is, others will say its not, because his starting bid is 99p. Its a hard one.

Nae bother ;) . I do agree that touting to fellow rangers fans is bad. But I don't know if I would classify this case as touting, some folk will say it is, others will say its not, because his starting bid is 99p. Its a hard one.

He's taking a risk, but he knows fine well it will go above face value. Would you be at all surpised if he had a mate or another account and would have been bumping the price to avoid them selling for a tenner or something.

Hence the refusal on a buy it now, which he got loads of requests for.

He's taking a risk, but he knows fine well it will go above face value. Would you be at all surpised if he had a mate or another account and would have been bumping the price to avoid them selling for a tenner or something.

Hence the refusal on a buy it now, which he got loads of requests for.

Aye but its perfectly legal from ebays point of view to sell tickets above face value aslong as the starting price is face value or less..

Aye but its perfectly legal from ebays point of view to sell tickets above face value aslong as the starting price is face value or less..

Another thing people do is have a Rangers scarf for sale for £100 and include an Old Firm ticket for free. Another good way around the rules for them.

If one Rangers fan offered you £40 for a ticket and another Rangers fan offered you £300, anyone who says they'd take the £40 is a liar

It's not great behaviour, i would always put a ticket on Buy it Now for face value, but he's not forcing people to buy them

Then I'm a liar.

On the very few occasions I can't make a match, I give my ticket to the guy who runs my RSC to be given to someone who is deserving of it FOC.

this is what you posted

so if i go abroad and wear my rangers top, i can expect favourable treatment from other rangers fans if i require it, as thats the bears way isnt it :rolleyes:

fact is unless you actually know the person, you will take any bit of luck thats coming to0 you in this day and age

its your donald duck that you'd knock back 200 quid for a ticket, only to go home and the missus says the washing machine is on the blink

what you will probably find is that most football fans wont ask for funny money for a ticket because its not a done thing, tickets that we see on ebay and such will be tickets bought purely and simply by a tout for the purpose of making money

if i was a neutral, and fancied a bit of cash, it would be easy as fuck to buy a couple of season books for ibrox, and then tout the old firm games, tout the highly anticipated euro games, then you just head down to ibrox every week and sell the other home tickets at face value

just think, 16 non old firm home games, at 25 quid a ticket, thats 400 quid right away without punting the old firm tickets, another 200 for the old firm tickets (100 quid a game) and thats 600 quid from SPL home games

add that to 3 champions league ties (like this season) at what, 60-70 quid a pop, then the europa league run say 2 more home games at 45 quid a pop, thats 300 quid from european games

so a 400 quid season book immediately becomes a 900 quid money maker, 500 quid profit

Just some T&C's regarding Season Tickets:

12. The season ticket is issued for personal use and may not be offered as a prize in any promotion or competition or transferred,

loaned or sold to any third party as part of a hospitality or travel package, or used for any other commercial purpose, save as

expressly authorised by Rangers Football Club.

3. The sale of this Card is strictly prohibited.

16. Tickets allotted by the Club/event organiser are issued on the express conditions that no holder thereof shall sell or transfer

same for a larger price than appears on the face thereof. In the event of any breach of this condition, the Club reserves the

right to cancel this ticket and to retain the money paid therefore on allotment.

Should we be breaking all these T&C's if we call ourselves true Bears?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rangers-vs-Celtic-Ticket-Home-End-/190484404320?pt=UK_SportsMemorabilia_Football_Memorabilia_ET&hash=item2c59c15860

No excuses for this one

Starting bid: £150.00

Price: £200.00

This is a season smart card so it will have to be picked up and returned to the same address, which is city centre area. Winning bidder will be informed of the address after payment is recieved. You'll be seated in the copland rear, great seat even if i do say so myself. PICK UP ONLY AND CASH PAYMENT ON PICK UP.