Metal Gear Solid 4

WaltersGotStyle

Right I have been an xbox 360 man for the past few years as my younger brother had one.

However since I moved out I have had to do without a console until now.... as I just got a PS3 for my xmas.

Anways my girlfriend got my MGS4 for £8.00 and I have to say it is really good. Anyone else played/completed it?

Supposed to be one of the must buy games for PS3. My brother has it, and I've only played about 10 minutes.

I liked some of the previous ones, such as Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater, both fantastic games. Might get round to playing it at some point.

I've got a PS3, but I rarely play it, I played the shit out of 1 and 2 but never played Snake Eater. :disappointment:

I want to play it before I play MGS4, and I want to play that before I buy the one that's coming out for Xbox soon! :lol:

Urgh, i've never really got into the MGS stuff. I played 2, snake eater and a bit of four. ALl good games but i duno...

Snake easter did have one oof the best boss fights tho. Sneaking up on that sniper camo guy three times to get his camo and gun was fucking awesome took me ages.

I know a few people that played the games through without killing anyone in the whole story mode on the hardest level nd stuff. Sounds like a nightmare.

Urgh, i've never really got into the MGS stuff. I played 2, snake eater and a bit of four. ALl good games but i duno...

Snake easter did have one oof the best boss fights tho. Sneaking up on that sniper camo guy three times to get his camo and gun was fucking awesome took me ages.

I know a few people that played the games through without killing anyone in the whole story mode on the hardest level nd stuff. Sounds like a nightmare.

The first game I'd played where you could change the storyline. You could kill the old man quite early in the game when he's in his wheelchair, and would skip that battle I think. Great game, got through it a few times.

The first game I'd played where you could change the storyline. You could kill the old man quite early in the game when he's in his wheelchair, and would skip that battle I think. Great game, got through it a few times.

Yeah you could do that but then you missed out on the only camo that would get 100% cover (ithink that was his) and his sniper tranq gun.

You could easily kill the fucker in boss battle it was getting these items that made it fucking hard. Quality battle.

Did anyone complete Sons of Liberty? From what I remember, the game went very weird. Suddenly, you're girlfriend was a spy or something, the General went all fuzzy in the short cutscenes, you ran about with a sword...

Ended up with this big boss battle, and about an hour of movies at the end. <cr>

Did anyone complete Sons of Liberty? From what I remember, the game went very weird. Suddenly, you're girlfriend was a spy or something, the General went all fuzzy in the short cutscenes, you ran about with a sword...

Ended up with this big boss battle, and about an hour of movies at the end. <cr>

Aye. The Colonel was part of the Patriots sent to get Raiden to destroy Arsenal Gear. No idea why he started going nuts (some of the stuff he was saying was :lol:) but it was a cracking game, the end Boss Fight was great IMO. Snake Eater was the best in the series IMO. It was like an actual survivor game with having to hunt for your own food and the Boss' were terrific!

Aye. The Colonel was part of the Patriots sent to get Raiden to destroy Arsenal Gear. No idea why he started going nuts (some of the stuff he was saying was :lol:) but it was a cracking game, the end Boss Fight was great IMO. Snake Eater was the best in the series IMO. It was like an actual survivor game with having to hunt for your own food and the Boss' were terrific!

Agree with you there, SE was probably my favourite PS2 game. Was a wee bit too young to take all of SOL in, so haven't got a clue what was going on.

Damn, gonna need to give the fourth one a blast.

Right I have been an xbox 360 man for the past few years as my younger brother had one.

However since I moved out I have had to do without a console until now.... as I just got a PS3 for my xmas.

Anways my girlfriend got my MGS4 for £8.00 and I have to say it is really good. Anyone else played/completed it?

Brilliant game. Took me ages to complete it but one of the very few games ive ever played non stop until I completed it, level on the big ships fkn good! Play it on a HD tv if you can its pretty spectacular!

the first metal gear solid was simply a whole new direction for games, chapping on walls to get a guards attention before grabbing him and snapping his neck was absolutely world class gaming

or holding a guard and using him as a bullet shield also

the second one was freaky shit, fighting all they metal gears at the end was really weird

also didnt the first one have 2 different endings, one with the chick and she gave you the bandana with infinite ammo, or the geek guy that gave you the camo technology

also who remembers hiding in a cardboard box in the back of a lorry, and transporting to different locations :lol:

the first metal gear solid was simply a whole new direction for games, chapping on walls to get a guards attention before grabbing him and snapping his neck was absolutely world class gaming

or holding a guard and using him as a bullet shield also

the second one was freaky shit, fighting all they metal gears at the end was really weird

also didnt the first one have 2 different endings, one with the chick and she gave you the bandana with infinite ammo, or the geek guy that gave you the camo technology

also who remembers hiding in a cardboard box in the back of a lorry, and transporting to different locations :lol:

The game was just class!

Back in those days I had a "chipped" console and managed to get the American version before it was out over here...

Do you remember being strapped to a electric table whilst having to continually tap 'x'? That was extremely hard in the US version!!

The idea of using the cigs to see the red lasers was also genius!

The game was just class!

Back in those days I had a "chipped" console and managed to get the American version before it was out over here...

Do you remember being strapped to a electric table whilst having to continually tap 'x'? That was extremely hard in the US version!!

The idea of using the cigs to see the red lasers was also genius!

had the same version on the same type of chipped PS1

the american version was different from the british in a few things, and yes using the cigs for the lasers was brilliant

remember the level where you had to beat the sniper in the snow field, damn that was hard unless you had one of they remote controlled missiles

It wasn't the colonel at all, it was all set up by the patriots to make Raiden believe the colonel was giving him orders, basically so they could control Raiden. Then Otacon's sister uploaded the virus into arsenal gear which made the AI go tits which is why the colonel started talking bollocks.

Yes, I'm a MGS nut.