Jelavic return....

Fergie1873

Edu And Naismith also nearly there good news all round.

WALTER SMITH is set to be boosted by the return of three key players inside the next week or so as Rangers seek to show their resilience after losing the Old Firm game last weekend.

Mo Edu and Stevie Naismith could both be back for Monday night's Scottish Cup tie against Kilmarnock while Nikica Jelavic will return to Murray Park later this week and might make his comeback against Hamilton on January 15 or St Mirren three days later.

And Smith has heralded the return of Jelavic as being like a new signing.

Speaking exclusively to RangersTV he said: "Nikica has been back in Croatia training at the national centre in Zagreb and doing very well.

"His wife has just had a baby and everyone is doing well so that's good news.

"They will be travelling back as a family later this week. We will see how he is in terms of his overall fitness and I would hope he wouldn't be too far away from playing.

"I would think it would be the middle of the month but we will just have to wait and see.

"Losing him to injury has been the biggest disappointment of the season so far - never mind losing games or dropping points. He started very well and then we lost him and you just have to try to handle that.

We have handled it without him but hopefully we can get him back soon.

"It will be like getting a new player and we will be very pleased to see him back in a Rangers jersey."

Edu has been out since November after a knee problem and subsequently a hamstring strain while Naismith also has the same problem after pulling up in the Boxing Day win over Motherwell.

Maurice Edu at the team hotelSmith told Blues News: "After recovering from the knee injury Maurice suffered a bout of flu and tonsillitis and then he felt some tightness in his thigh.

"So care has to be taken with him and Steven, although he does not have a full blown injury.

"They are both recovering now and by the weekend they should be nearly ready.

"Monday's Killie game is maybe too soon because Maurice hasn't played since mid-November but I am hoping he will be fit by then.

"Whether we have to throw him in or not will depend on our situation.

"The same goes for Stevie. He could be ready but we need to be careful

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20110105/triple-boost-for-smith_2254024_2259136

Great news. But i think alot of people here are thinking he'll come out of the blocks running, banging them in everday winning us the treble and Europa League.

It's the second coming of Jebus :rolleyes:

TBH i don't even know how he'll fit into the team atm with walters stubbornness with 4-5-1. Play him on the left.......?

Great news. But i think alot of people here are thinking he'll come out of the blocks running, banging them in everday winning us the treble and Europa League.

It's the second coming of Jebus :rolleyes:

TBH i don't even know how he'll fit into the team atm with walters stubbornness with 4-5-1. Play him on the left.......?

He seemed to manage it in the past.... <cr>

cannot wait for the jelly man to get back banging in the goals

has been flying back and forth from glasgow and croatia so will take him a bit to get back into the swing of things but soon enough we will see the class that he has

:praise: :jelavic:

WATP :uk: