Boiler Servicing

My new Boiler was in about 5 years before I bothered my arse to get it serviced.

I now get British Gas to service it as part of the homecare 200 plan for £19 a month, this covers my Boiler, central heating and an Annual Service.

i get mine serviced for £11 a month, this covers parts and labour if it goes tits up.

only took the deal when the PCB went last winter and it was either £178 for the part and then £59 labour if i wanted them to install it, or take the service deal for a year and get it all for fuck all.

from scottish gas.

if it hasn't fucked up yet i wouldn't bother, boilers are rather straight frorward when it comes to the malfunctions, it's the parts that cost a fucking bomb.

I wouldnt bother getting it serviced or taking out a plan and if you do take out a plan dont go with scottish gas as they are a fucking joke.

Had an appointment for them to come round and change my meter yesterday between 8 and 1 so had to take a full day off work. Phoned them up at 12.30 to see if they were maybe running late just incase i pop out a 1 and they turn up. Boy called the engineers who said they wouldnt be coming and would be there on Friday, the boy asked them if they had contacted me to say this and they said no. I was offered £20 compensation.

so, basically they new at 8 in the morning they werent coming to me, they never phoned me and think I can just take another day off. £20 is no sort of compensation for taking a whole day off and do they think i will just do the same of friday?

Go with AA or someone else if you are going for monthly cover.

Does monthly cover mean you just pay it up over the year but get it serviced once a year?

What's the difference than getting someone in once a year?

Cheers for advice

Will look into the AA.

The terms vary, last one I saw you get an annual service and free callouts if anything goes wrong.

Does monthly cover mean you just pay it up over the year but get it serviced once a year?

What's the difference than getting someone in once a year?

Cheers for advice

Will look into the AA.

The terms vary, last one I saw you get an annual service and free callouts if anything goes wrong.

Usually if you take it out they will service the boiler in 28 days and then if you have any problems just call them out, for every year you have the cover they will service the boiler annually.

Given the massive and exorbitant profits fuel companies like British Gas make you would think the least the profit hungry rip off merchants could do is fix their hard pressed paying customers boilers for free when they break down in the heart of winter and while their at it throw in parts and labour gratis too. :sherlock:

I wouldnt bother getting it serviced or taking out a plan and if you do take out a plan dont go with scottish gas as they are a fucking joke.

Had an appointment for them to come round and change my meter yesterday between 8 and 1 so had to take a full day off work. Phoned them up at 12.30 to see if they were maybe running late just incase i pop out a 1 and they turn up. Boy called the engineers who said they wouldnt be coming and would be there on Friday, the boy asked them if they had contacted me to say this and they said no. I was offered £20 compensation.

so, basically they new at 8 in the morning they werent coming to me, they never phoned me and think I can just take another day off. £20 is no sort of compensation for taking a

whole day off and do they think i will just do the same of friday?

Go with AA or someone else if you are going for monthly cover.

Q.What has a meter engineer being late got to do with your boiler repair scheme?

A.Sweet fuck all, the meter guy would not be the same guy who would fix your boiler. it will be a completely different department/section of a business.

I fix boilers for a living and as such I don't fit meters. It's all to do with what gas tickets u have or don't have that determines what u can/can't work on (domestic/commercial/natural/LPG etc)

I don't understand the logic in your thinking.

It's about how Scottish gas treat their customers. There was also a post on here a few weeks back about a guy calling out Scottish gas to have a look at his boiler and when he left it no longer worked.

I got a new boiler 2 months back and it was bought and fitted by an independent firm and it was a breeze, if I had done it through Scottish gas I wouldn't be so confident of it going smoothly.

That is only my experiences and am sure people have better ones everyday, but as they day you only hear about the bad ones.

Funny u say that, I hate how most folk can be so negative about things...

Ppl moan like fuck about stuff like poor workmanship for example (which is fair doo's obviously)

Yet when a job has been done well they say very little and give little praise for it... They end up saying pish like "aye it was awrite, it's no broken since it was fitted"

What kinda negative pish is that?

However I digress....

my main point was u can't tar all folk with the same brush (tu)

What people have got to remember about Servicing boilers is that breakdowns always come before services. I work for scottish gas's parts department, i deal with engineers and customers daily. A broken down boiler is always going to take priority especially at this time of year over servicing.

I've not long had to get a new boiler in a few months ago there.

The last one fucked, broke down and was pissing carbon monoxide out and the guy said I was lucky not to have died in the middle of the night as it's in a cupboard in my bedroom :mellow:

Cost a fucking fortune this new boiler but I bought the best you can get to avoid it happening again as apparently the last one was a cheap BNQ one for about £300 that's only meant to last about 3 years anyway.

Two guys from Scottish Gas done a homer, but it didn't seem like homer rates. They weren't shy in asking a good wack, despite being good mates of my Uncle :angry:

Archived