Rangers in for David Goodwillie

Davie2909

(tu)

We used to do it all wrong, bidding for players at the value the team wanted ie Rapid Vienna and Jela ended up costing around 2million more :lol:

Didn't rapid want like £2.5 million at first? :lol:

I don't get all this "buy a defender" talk either. The defence isn't playing great at all but signing another defender would be a waste of resources too.

Weir and Bougherra are first choices. If they are fit they play. It's as simple as that.

Despite what we think of him, Broadfoot is highly rated by our coaching staff and we also have Webster (I know, I know), Papac and McCulloch who can slot in there too.

And then at full back we have Whittaker, Foster, Broadfoot, Papac and young Darren Cole.

Granted the quality pool isn't great, but there is enough there to see us through to the Summer.

If Miller leaves, and there is a real chance of that happening, who scores the goals?

Jelavic isn't going to be fit for another few weeks and is probably going to need the best part of a month to get up to match speed. Naismith and Lafferty have shown that they are better from midfield. Beattie can't stay fit for more than a fortnight at a time and Fleck is being written off by just about everybody.

What a joke,why the fuck did they even bother?. they asked for a million so why the fuck are they bidding £750.000.

Idiots,getting pissed of with these cunts at our club.

Thank fuck you dont run our club.

Look waht R.Vienna done to us. They said bid 2 we did that and they knocked it back and we ended up paying double what they wanted.

No club bids the right amount 1st time fs, its not rocket science

What a joke,why the fuck did they even bother?. they asked for a million so why the fuck are they bidding £750.000.

Idiots,getting pissed of with these cunts at our club.

It's called haggling.

No chief executive/businessman with a business like mind would fire straight in with a million quid bid.

I don't get all this "buy a defender" talk either. The defence isn't playing great at all but signing another defender would be a waste of resources too.

Weir and Bougherra are first choices. If they are fit they play. It's as simple as that.

Despite what we think of him, Broadfoot is highly rated by our coaching staff and we also have Webster (I know, I know), Papac and McCulloch who can slot in there too.

And then at full back we have Whittaker, Foster, Broadfoot, Papac and young Darren Cole.

Granted the quality pool isn't great, but there is enough there to see us through to the Summer.

If Miller leaves, and there is a real chance of that happening, who scores the goals?

Jelavic isn't going to be fit for another few weeks and is probably going to need the best part of a month to get up to match speed. Naismith and Lafferty have shown that they are better from midfield. Beattie can't stay fit for more than a fortnight at a time and Fleck is being written off by just about everybody.

I agree mate, if Miller does leave us we will lack quality and goals up front and a replacement will be needed. Walter will stick with Whittaker, Weir, Bougherra and Papac at the back and I'm confident Broadfoot, Foster etc are more than capable of doing well in the SPL if they are required to play. I really hope we manage to sign Goodwillie.

I have just read in todays Herald that WS has said there's no money for January transfers(big article), so what the F*ck is going on, either we have money or we don't, why are we being linked with a striker when we don't need one?

The only way I'm going to feel better is with a few good wins under our belt in our next games.

And that's where your money for Goodwillie comes from.

All the doom mongers will go fucking nuts about this but I think it's a smart move all round.

I said myself in the other thread, if we can get 1.5 million for Miller, and get Goodwillie for the same price then we have lost the services of Miller for the last 17/18 games or so, but we have a replacement for the next 4/5 years.

I don't want Miller to go, but if he's not going to re-sign, we need to think long term.

We NEED to have a replacement lined up then. At the minute, I wouldn't be devastated seeing Miller go, as I know there is still a chance of bringing someone in. However, Jelavic needs a partner up front.

700k wouldn't be bad for a player who has less than 6 months left on his deal.

Disagree. Better let him go for free at the end of the season than walk now for that.

Double it and use the money to sign Godwillie and I can accept it.