Rangers in for David Goodwillie

Davie2909

700k is the figure I'm hearing.... surely this is a terrible piece of business!

Back when Lee Bowyer was the second best attacking midfielder in the country after Paul Scholes, Leeds sold him to West Ham for £250,000 when he had 6 months left on his contract

£700,000 for Miller is fine. Anything more would've been a bonus

Would people saying this is a bad move, rather lose him in the summer for free? where we get no funds to buy/put towards a replacement?

Brilliant piece of buisness, we get money towards Goodwillie.

I must be a good guesser then.

Unless we can secure Goodwillie for the same money (unlikely) then Rangers are pathetic if they accept.

Wouldn't say I'd be surprised after what we sold players like Cousin, Ferguson, Adam and Mendes for.

Disagree. Better let him go for free at the end of the season than walk now for that.

Double it and use the money to sign Godwillie and I can accept it.

I disagree, but that's what forums are for :pipe:

I don't think any team would pay that sort of money for who they can agree a pre contract with immediately.

Miller's goals have been vital so far, and I don't want to lose him. But if he walks for free then we risk losing out on a guy who is obviously a long term target (Goodwillie) and if we don't then we still need to find the money for Goodwillie in the Summer just like we did with Jelavic this Summer when Boyd walked for free.

It's not an ideal situation at all, but Smith needs to wheel and deal and in the long term I think replacing the 30 year old Miller with the 21 year old Goodwillie will prove to be a good move.

Would people saying this is a bad move, rather lose him in the summer for free? where we get no funds to buy/put towards a replacement?

Brilliant piece of buisness, we get money towards Goodwillie.

Losing him in the summer for free is a lot better than a pishy 700 grand just now. I'm amazed anyone even thinks otherwise.

I honestly think we can cope without Kenny Miller, but it all depends if Steven Naismith moves upfront and Weiss gets played RM.

£700,000 although it's a cheap price, it's better than him leaving for nothing at the end of the season. Hopefully we have added a few clauses as well.

It's all good saying yeah that's a decent price for Miller and Goodwillie has been lined up as the replacement. But he's been lined up, nothing has been agreed. Its been reported a bid as been rejected for Goodwillie already. It would just be like us to let Miller go and likely not get Goodwillie. I hope this is not true but.

Miller will be missed and I am gutted that he is going.

I disagree, but that's what forums are for :pipe:

I don't think any team would pay that sort of money for who they can agree a pre contract with immediately.

Miller's goals have been vital so far, and I don't want to lose him. But if he walks for free then we risk losing out on a guy who is obviously a long term target (Goodwillie) and if we don't then we still need to find the money for Goodwillie in the Summer just like we did with Jelavic this Summer when Boyd walked for free.

It's not an ideal situation at all, but Smith needs to wheel and deal and in the long term I think replacing the 30 year old Miller with the 21 year old Goodwillie will prove to be a good move.

Wait and see come the end of the season then mate.

I have fears we look back on this and it has parallels of us selling Gascoigne half way through the failed 10 in a row season.

Back when Lee Bowyer was the second best attacking midfielder in the country after Paul Scholes, Leeds sold him to West Ham for £250,000 when he had 6 months left on his contract

£700,000 for Miller is fine. Anything more would've been a bonus

At that time Leeds had to sell everyone on the cheap... plus Bowyer went way downhill after the packi beating incident.

I have the feeling the “anyone can score a barrel load of goals in the spl” brigade will sadly soon have a load of egg on there faces.....one of our best players leaving halfway through the season can only be terrible news....i don’t care how it is dressed up.

Anyone can score a barrel load of goals in the SPL if their job is simply to mooch around the 6 yard box like Boyd and this season's Miller