Rangers in for David Goodwillie

Davie2909

There's conflicting stories I'm not sure whether it's 1 or 2 years we offered him but he's playing first team football,winning medals,enjoying his football and close to his family.

The wage cut is a bit drastic but according to rfc52 he's willing to accept that but only over 3 years.

I don't want a player that can be quite prone to injuries tied down till he's 34 and agree with Rangers on that,from his point of view I understand that if it's a year that's not much use security wise.

If it's 2 years we have offered him he should take it for the reasons stated above,he can say he doesn't want to move all he likes but 3 years is a bit much.

IMO the 3 years is just an excuse to blame Rangers for him leaving for more cash.

injury prone you say. 80 league games in 2.4 seasons.

:sherlock:

If we weren't getting linked with goodwillie would you all still be so desperate for miller to leave ?

We need to keep all our players unless we are guaranteed to bring in a replacement . Our squad is to small as it is .

KB the thing is we are and we also need the money all be it 600k and millers wages but if that can get us his replacement then we should be happy with that

KB the thing is we are and we also need the money all be it 600k and millers wages but if that can get us his replacement then we should be happy with that

I agree to an extent here , but the way things are going , we are still a bit away from meeting utds valuation . And as I said in an earlier post , if there are other clubs interested whose to say we will definately get our man .

The last I heard , we had no money to sign anyone .

I just don't feel comfortable losing our top scorer at a crucial part of the season when it's not a certain that we will replace him .

At the end of the day he wont sign a contract for us so fuck off now miller the only reason he turned down birmingham is probably because he thinks he will earn more money with marseille anything to line his own pocket,Like others have posted on here if he stays will his heart be in it for us or will he be thinking about is big wage move to france ?????

marsielle ? where are people getting this or do we believe pie and bovril when it pleases our own means

I agree to an extent here , but the way things are going , we are still a bit away from meeting utds valuation . And as I said in an earlier post , if there are other clubs interested whose to say we will definately get our man .

The last I heard , we had no money to sign anyone .

I just don't feel comfortable losing our top scorer at a crucial part of the season when it's not a certain that we will replace him .

I agre with that mate but if he does stay will his heart be in it ?? to me its like boyd all over again

That official Rangers comment was last night back of 5.

Its funny how people think because its Rangers he plays for hes not allowed to have his and his families best interests at heart. Its the same scenario as it would be for anyone reaching the end of their working career. If I was in my latter stages of my career id certainly be looking for the best financial option especially with half my life still to live.

marsielle ? where are people getting this or do we believe pie and bovril when it pleases our own means

Ricky its been reported on news now last week and in the papers this week im just going by what they say it might be wrong but you never know

I thought it was pretty fast that he had been given an offer and knocked it back yesterday. The way it goes is Agents meet the club and then once something satisfactory is negotiated The Player would get involved and complete the odds and ends.

This will go on for a few days yet before its either completed or rejected.

I agre with that mate but if he does stay will his heart be in it ?? to me its like boyd all over again

no one knows that I'm afraid , apart from kenny himself . I would hope that it wouldn't effect his performances and I honestly think kenny is a 100% kind of guy . But it's a hard one to tell .

I'm not totally against him leaving , I just worry about getting a replacement . He is a big player to lose at an important time in the season .

The only way he will sign for Birmingham is if they offer him alot of money now and a 3+yr contract. Otherwise its at the end of the season with a large signing on fee. Youse all know you'd do the same in his shoes

and in a years time when the contracts up and your legs broken what do you tell your family.

me if i was looking at a drop in wages i would want security.

If I was a 30yr old footballer I'd already have myself and family setup for the rest if my life with investments and property and such like. If miller hasn't already sorted out his retirement with the wage a footballer earns these days then he's a silly silly boy. Also Do footballers not insure their bodies/body parts to a certain extent to protect against unemployment due to injury?

Agreed.

This is why I'd quite happily swap him for Goodwillie tomorrow.

In an ideal world I'd want Goodwillie to come in and learn from Miller and settle in for six months before Miller get's his big bosman moveand Goodwillie steps up to replace him. But sadly we aren't living in an ideal world and we need to make do with what we have.

Personally speaking I think Miller out and Goodwillie in would be a good move all round and after yesterday's events it would appear that Smith does too. And at this moment in time he's the one guy I trust to see us right over the remainder of the season.

Miller's contribution has been vital so far, but Goodwillie has also scored goals on a regular basis for a team who are struggling in compaarison to last year and we still have a large pool of strikers available, as well as Jelavic still to come back. There would be enough there to get us over the line.

If we hadn't panic bought James Beattie in the Summer and used the money for Goodwillie then this entire situation might never have occured :(

In an ideal world I'd want Goodwillie to come in and learn from Miller and settle in for six months before Miller get's his big bosman moveand Goodwillie steps up to replace him. But sadly we aren't living in an ideal world and we need to make do with what we have.

Personally speaking I think Miller out and Goodwillie in would be a good move all round and after yesterday's events it would appear that Smith does too. And at this moment in time he's the one guy I trust to see us right over the remainder of the season.

Miller's contribution has been vital so far, but Goodwillie has also scored goals on a regular basis for a team who are struggling in compaarison to last year and we still have a large pool of strikers available, as well as Jelavic still to come back. There would be enough there to get us over the line.

If we hadn't panic bought James Beattie in the Summer and used the money for Goodwillie then this entire situation might never have occured :(

we were quoted 3 million for goodwillie in the summer.

If I was a 30yr old footballer I'd already have myself and family setup for the rest if my life with investments and property and such like. If miller hasn't already sorted out his retirement with the wage a footballer earns these days then he's a silly silly boy. Also Do footballers not insure their bodies/body parts to a certain extent to protect against unemployment due to injury?

expensive stuff to ensure against a short term deal.

Yeah his contribution to our season has been worthless so far....

Football moves on. Miller leaving on a free transfer in the summer will mean that between him and Boyd, we lost out on £4.85 million because of their selfishness. Throw in the £4 million we paid to Stefan Klos for doing fuck all between 2005 and 2007, and the £2 million we paid Brahim Hemdani for doing fuck all between 2007 and 2009 and it's no wonder the club is in such a monumental mess