Rangers in for David Goodwillie

Davie2909

Am assuming the fee is around 2 million as it would take that amount to get goodwille but that prick Thomson will try and bleed us dry

They quoted 1.5 million in the press, but if a solid offer of about 1-1.2 million comes in for Goodwillie then they will accept it.

They aren't in a financial position where they can reject an offer like that, especially if Goodwillie starts digging his heels in for the move to happen too.

I am delighted at this honestly think about miller is 31 and dosent seem to want a new contract so may aswell cash in on him now rather than losing him for nothing at the end of the season and plus at 31 he dosent have much years left I really hope we get goodwillie ideal replacement he has a bright future and is more than capable of filling in for miller.

Rangers fans celalbrating our best striker leaving because of there own stupidity....each to there own i guess......

Not often i agree with the 1st Jan lad but i will leave this here, let the lunatics take over......

Weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth won't do much good either......

Anyway, looks like he's away. If it surprises anyone that he's gone elsewhere for more money they've clearly never heard of Miller before. Well played while you were here Kenny, you did good. Next please.

It's all good saying yeah that's a decent price for Miller and Goodwillie has been lined up as the replacement. But he's been lined up, nothing has been agreed. Its been reported a bid as been rejected for Goodwillie already. It would just be like us to let Miller go and likely not get Goodwillie. I hope this is not true but.

Exactly my thinking.

Here's a theory:

Miller goes for £700k; Brann are asking for £700k for Huseklepp....

Could we be in for Huseklepp after all?

Err, nah, apparently Brann are asking a fee in the region of over a million quid for him now.

As to the BBC report, I take the figures with a pinch of salt as there is no direct quotes about the fees, and yet earlier on there is a direct quote form Utd's chairman indicating if there was an offer of £1 million for Goodwillie he would push him out the door.

Will Miller go to Birmingham to sit on the bench for most of the time? There is no way that he will be the first choice lone striker there!

He'll be first choice unless they sign Robbie Keane. Zigic has flopped and Cameron Jerome is a hard worker who couldn't score in a brothel

Should of held out for at least a mil imo, but we could use that money and maybe through Webster into the deal and get goodwillie on less wages than Miller and who knows, there might be something left to cover a loan deal for the rest of the season.

Goodwillie a great player, better all round than Miller, and he has a fucking amazing name.

Im not overly concerned to see him go, obviously id rather see him stay, but hes clearly not playing for the shirt if he wont take an extension on the same wages. But i thought we would struggle when Boyd left and i was wrong then. Plus this could give Lafferty and Beattie a kick up the arse as well and a chance to prove their worth.

If we get a fee for him then im happy enough to see him go. He has been brilliant for us this season but the time comes to cut our loses and recoup something for him.

If we can use this money to bring in either Goodwillie or Husklepp then i would be happy. Miller is now 31 and if we gave him a 3 year contract we would get nothing for him in the long run.

Goodwillie is only 22 so the potential of sell on for him is pretty big and lets be honest he will take less than half what Miller was getting wages wise also.

Will Miller go to Birmingham to sit on the bench for most of the time? There is no way that he will be the first choice lone striker there!

Cameron Jerome is their lone striker. Miller is better.

I can't see this being all it's cracked up to be.

They have Zigic and Phillips and are in for Keane :anguish:

Dundee Utd will want at least £1.5m for Goodwillie.