Celtic's new training ground

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't really matter how good the facility is, it depends what you are doing with it and who's employed to coach the youngsters.

yep, we've got barely nothing out of murray park yet

I think we've done pretty well so far - although we can do better. Hutton, Adam, Burke and Smith have all contributed to a fair degree (or more) in the last few years which isn't a bad return.

What people have to remember is that Murray Park is NOT a youth academy but simply a very good training facility.

Doesn't really matter how good the facility is, it depends what you are doing with it and who's employed to coach the youngsters.

I think we've done pretty well so far - although we can do better. Hutton, Adam, Burke and Smith have all contributed to a fair degree (or more) in the last few years which isn't a bad return.

What people have to remember is that Murray Park is NOT a youth academy but simply a very good training facility.

well i think there is only 1 quality or promising quality player came through so far, Stevie Smith

What about wee burkey ???? doh

he's garbage, nothing compared to Celtic's is what i mean

He's rubbish.

well i think there is only 1 quality or promising quality player came through so far, Stevie Smith

Well, I think Hutton has been equally impressive since he broke into the team a few years ago.

And the other players above have all contributed to a decent degree this season and previously. What we have to realise is that players like Barry Ferguson won't happen ever season. Especially without the required investment.

Some would say Mcgeady and Maloney

Are they really any better than Burke? But that's 2 - any advance?

McGeady

Maloney

McManus

O'Dea

Beattie

That as much as I can think of - certainly not much better (if at all) than any of our young players.

he's garbage, nothing compared to Celtic's is what i mean

Agreed he is crap, but are things that bad we are talking about cellics training ground. ? :wacko:

The whole concept of Murray Park and youth development is remarkably misunderstood by most of our fans

First - having a bowling green surfrace and 10 pitches will not make us any more likely to develop talent.

Second - Murray Park as Frankie said, is indeed a training facility not an academy.

Celtic have actuially had a training academy over the last few years without a training facility, whilst we have had a training facility without an academy.

An academy can be a virtual academy so long as yopu have the right coaches, the right structure, the right content in terms of sports science etc.

We have focussed more on ex-players rather than getting the best coaches.

We also suffer from the staleness and the insularity of the Scottish Football Associations coaching programmes.

In the recent past, Rangers have done better than Celtic in terms of producing young players who go on to get a decent living from the game, although not with us.

It is likely however, that that will change in the next few years as Celtic do indeed now produce players better able to develop who are only now coming through.

The reason we haven't produced any genuine talent is because of the systems in place for 3-8 year olds. Unfortuinately how we intgroduce children to sport at that age militates against future success. We produce footballers and try to turn them into athletes when we should be producing athletes and turni9ng them into footballers.

If you want to blame anyone blame the SFA for the dearth of talent.

It doesn't compare to murray park.

Correct !!! Nothing compares to it

Which other club would build such excellent facilities without investing and getting the end product.... no doubt Smeltic will have learned form our chairmans mis-management and will not waste thier money

I think the name of the place speaks for itself....I would actually have the place torched and of course anything else related to that man

With all due respect "Fish" your constant berating of our football club's chairman is nothing short of disgracefull !

If you are that disgruntled, why dont you just forget about RFC and take up some other life.....Rangers football club need all supporters to rally around the club in these tough times. Not only do you slaughter our chairman constantly, you degrade Walter Smith and you also have a very short memory of the huge success that these two men have brought to our fantastic club.

Build a bridge mate, get over your gripes and support our great club the way all true supporters do !

Impressive from Shuggy there, just shows that you don't have to post every day to make a great post.

surprise surprise <_<

There was nothing wrong with what shuggy said Minstral, come on.

is it just me but if you look at the great players of this world, Pele Ronaldinho etc, got their talent on sand etc in Brazil, and i was also watching an interview with the runner Asafa Powell, he runs of grass and hes the fastest man in the world...it seems to me that to be a great player/sportsman you don't need all the best training facilities, you just need the right coaching :unsure:

is it just me but if you look at the great players of this world, Pele Ronaldinho etc, got their talent on sand etc in Brazil, and i was also watching an interview with the runner Asafa Powell, he runs of grass and hes the fastest man in the world...it seems to me that to be a great player/sportsman you don't need all the best training facilities, you just need the right coaching :unsure:

But I'm afraid you also need the right material to coach. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

But I'm afraid you also need the right material to coach. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

agreed (tu) but if talent can come out of rugged sh*te facilities why do we need to spend tonnes on a training ground thats given us sweet FA so far :craphead:

agreed (tu) but if talent can come out of rugged sh*te facilities why do we need to spend tonnes on a training ground thats given us sweet FA so far :craphead:

We didn't Murray has probably got that ground up his sleeve for a rainy day, always been sus about the amount of money Murray let Advocaat waste ?