Boxing and MMA

Was at the last two burns fights were he got a draw on both occasions. When he was out boxed. If Eddie loses his champions. He doesn't have anything as a promoter.

That's not really fair....the last one aye definetly (albeit big respect for fighting with a broken jaw) but the fight before the boy quit on his stool in the 10th....burns just broke the guy! Loads of people get on at Hearn and accuse him of match fixing etc but it's nonsense....

I think if Groves had Booth in his corner then we wouldn't be talking about the controversy

After 7 rounds groves had him on toast and he started being cocky and was being the macho leaving his chin out

Booth would have made him jab and get away rather than being pulled into a scrap

My hats the only way Froch was winning that fight if it got ugly

Your right about booth but I genuinely believe groves had just given froch everything and he was still standing and that led to tirdness and frustration and that's when he started trading and dropping his guard and that's when froch got on top!

I think if Groves had Booth in his corner then we wouldn't be talking about the controversy

After 7 rounds groves had him on toast and he started being cocky and was being the macho leaving his chin out

Booth would have made him jab and get away rather than being pulled into a scrap

My hats the only way Froch was winning that fight if it got ugly

Definitely. Like I said earlier, Booth would not of let Groves trade with froch. He would of built a clever plan to jab and avoid, very much like haye. A rematch would be very interesting.

I'm just glad the crowd gave groves the applause at the end

He deserved that

The guy fought like a champion and had what seemed like mostly all of the UK against him

Andre Wards promoter will be on the phone to E Hearn tmrw creaming himself to get an easy payday in the Uk

Some bit of gear

To think Groves was the bad guy for telling the truth and believing in himself

Froch is the most arrogant cunt ever

He raves about the Bute fight

Who has Bute beat ? He was a bum

He got schooled by Ward (who had a broken hand), beaten by Kessler and got a decision against him as Kessler was finished

The Eddie Hearn & Sky sports Hype machine have made him this great champion

He's nowhere near it

I can't think of anyone who's fought fight after fight against top level opponents the way Froch has - Pascal, Taylor, Dirrell, Kessler, Abraham, Ward, Bute were all world level opponents when Froch fought them. He's beaten all of them except Ward, who's light years ahead of everyone. The only person in that division he hasn't fought who's of any standing is Stieglitz and maybe Oosthuizen.

For someone with fairly limited talent to do what Froch has done is special in my book. Never turns a fight down and manages to beat better fighters through grit and determination alone. Tonight was exactly the same and I don't have any doubt he was winning that regardless of whether the ref had let it go a bit longer or not.

Groves should have had the chance to go on. The referee has a very tough job but Groves should have got another 10/20 seconds to see if he could get out of trouble.

The thing that worried me as the fact that two judges had Groves only 1 point in front. Can't understand what fight they were watching. I had Groves in front by 4 points and just about everyone else I've spoke to thinks the same.

All credit to both fighters though. Groves rose to the occasion and bossed most of the fight and Froch is just a total warrior.

Bullshit stoppage. The whole "Groves was going down anyway" or "was going to get knocked out anyway" is irrelevant. If he was going to go down, let him go down, and give him the opportunity to recover. If he goes down, gets up, then I'd have no real complaints if the referee decided to stop it.

To my eyes Froch was hurt more in round 1 than Groves was in round 9. Add in that Froch had been taking flush punches all night and Groves hadn't, whose to say he wouldn't have recovered? The referee never gave him that opportunity, the same opportunity he afforded to Froch.

Scorecards were a disgrace. Groves probably needed a gun to win.

And Froch is a cunt. Good fighter, can't argue with that or his run of his fights, but he's an arrogant prick who clamours for respect while giving none to anyone else. Feed him to Golovkin, I'd like that very much.

Actually watching it again groves was definitely gone....we had jelly legs and froch caught him with at least 6 solid unanswered shots....think once everyone calms down and watches it tomorrow they will still feel it was a premature decision but will accept it a bit more and have some sympathy for froch who didn't deserve to get booed!

Actually watching it again groves was definitely gone....we had jelly legs and froch caught him with at least 6 solid unanswered shots....think once everyone calms down and watches it tomorrow they will still feel it was a premature decision but will accept it a bit more and have some sympathy for froch who didn't deserve to get booed!

Still don't agree with the stoppage but your right about Froch. Don't understand why he was booed.

Cant understand boxing any more i had groves ahead by 4 rounds judes only ahead by 1 i thought the stoppage was awful none of the great boxing champions would have had a chance with the ref in there Rumble in the jungle would have been alot of alot dirrent for one surley if hes out of it done finished he would have went down count him out at worst...

total stitch up - how much did the ref get paid for that?

Groves was well in front and heading for a deserved win. Also Froch in a complete and utter bellend

I've read a few ridiculous and exaggerated reactions to last night....'fix', 'stitch up', 'conspiracy', 'bribery' etc etc.....it's all rather laughable and illustrates modern societies overreaction to everything-itus.....

Listen here are some facts; the referee made a judgment call based on his professional opinion, whether or not that opinion was right does not make it a fix.....the judges scorecards (2 of them) were questionable but then again when are they not....froch is getting greif but what did he do wrong? Fact is he got up after a tremendous KD and battled his way back into the fight....if you watch the 7th/8th and 9th again you will notice a definite change in the flow of the fight and froch always finishes strong! He got hit with 6 unanswered solid shots and his legs had gone!

Now yes it was a premature stoppage and a shame as it takes away from what was a great fight. I feel sorry for groves who proved everyone wrong but also for froch who was denied the chance for an epic finish and comeback.....we can all have an opinion on the decision but seriously have a word with yourself and leave the conspiracy theories to the Tims!