Boxing and MMA

3 minutes ago, Hamie said:

Chisora put up a better fight against Usyk. 

I don't see what the joshua camp were thinking. Surely the plan should have been to over power him and AJ to come in well over 18st. 

They thought AJ could outbox usyk, utter madness. 

Rematch that's the only thing AJ could do different come in heavier and just go looking to land a big shot.

I honestly think Usyk has AJ's number but. I can't see AJ being able to land that shot on him. 

19 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Mental how Joshua went from absolutely smashing cunts to trying to box people, he should revert to type 

You don't even class him as a knock out boxer anymore

Wilder beats him too by knock out 

That’s mostly because the majority of guys AJ has flattened have been heavy bags with legs.

Anyone with decent movement gives him absolute fits. 

2 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

The heavyweight fight of this generation was Fury and Joshua and we will never see it. Both in prime and just the dynamic of it would have been interesting to see. Politics again ruins it. 

Behave what's your time frame regards generation...,mmh.

21 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

The heavyweight fight of this generation was Fury and Joshua and we will never see it. Both in prime and just the dynamic of it would have been interesting to see. Politics again ruins it. 

We will see it mate probably a trilogy belts are meaningless. Wilder v fury in a fortnight winner will fight usyk(if AJ is injured) next summer I think we'll see the first fight In Saudi 

32 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

To me his mentality has never been right to be a consistently good/successful boxer. Heavyweights gone by and even Fury just now are hard cunts, that can stand toe to toe and give it. Never really seen that with AJ tbh. 

The big lumbering can you stand still till i knock you out,has been found out.
Should just be happy he never had to face the likes of Tyson,and how many times he would cross himself.

50 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Nothing to do with politics. Joshua got  a doing from a Cruiserweight.

Previous to that it was a fat Mexican. 
Joshua ain’t a world class boxer.

A marketing dream but limited boxer.

Lacks belief and bottle too.

I loved AJ coming through. Went and saw him smash Charles Martin and really believed the hype. 

But in the last two years he’s just been exposed for being a robotic meathead with no real boxing ability. 

Hearn will be raging but it’s his own doing, he’s made him so boring and now he just doesn’t seem arsed. As others have said he’s not even a knockout boxer anymore. 

Wild. 

Uysk's class shone through tonight, thought it was a cracking performance. 

If he had that explosive power that a Haye had when he moved up from Cruiserweight, I think he'd even have stopped Joshua early. 

I think a rematch goes pretty much the same way. Joshua would be better off regrouping and either fighting the loser of the Fury/Wilder fight or another 'grudge' match with Whyte. 

7 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I called him a bum earlier I take that back. I was just pissed off with him.  

Yeah I agree, I think I was just shocked with his performance tonight. Never had Usyk troubled which is criminal. 

I do think he's lost his way though. 

Plus he's been sanitised so much he must be bored stiff. 

30 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

According to Hearn he was winning the fight on the scorecards up until the championship rounds. 

That's a disgrace in its self

I had it at a push 4-4 but wouldnt have been surprised if it was 5-3 Usyk, AJ winning at that point is mindboggling. 

Joshua for ages has been trying to lose bulk and outbox his opponents. The problem is he’s never been a top boxer, his rise to fame was as a result of his sheer size, power and aggression. He used to just blow people away (including some very good fighters).

He needs to get back to that approach as it’s his only chance of being successful. He also needs to ditch McCracken.