Boxing and MMA

Just now, Scottywellhousetb said:

I used to think the same m8, thought he was a big fat embarrassment waiting to get knocked on his arse, I didn't like him at all, now totally changed that mindset and think he is fucking class. 

I’m exactly the same. 

Did a u-turn on Haye - used to love him and then started to hate him. 

Was certain David Price would have beaten Fury, still love that video of Fury talking about him during a fight live on TV :lol: 

27 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

I remember I thought Fury was a fucking bum. :lol: As did most. 

I was certain Haye would have beat him back in the day - a shame that match up never happened 

Same. Used to watch him in the early days on channel 5 and thought he was a clown. Even up to the klitch fight when he ran in as batman... Then he beat him and ever since then he's been brilliant. 

21 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

I’m exactly the same. 

Did a u-turn on Haye - used to love him and then started to hate him. 

Was certain David Price would have beaten Fury, still love that video of Fury talking about him during a fight live on TV :lol: 

He certainly wasn't wrong in that interview when Price did turn out to be a "big stiff idiot" 🤣

I think Fury v Usyk would be a bit of a horrible fight to watch. 

Usyk is probably the better pure boxer of the two, but.... Fury is 50lbs heavier and 8 inches taller - fights big, and is a good pure boxer as well.

The two things Fury is very good at are fighting on the back foot, and tying people up when the fight is on the inside. Both of these are nightmare fuel for Usyk against a 6'9'' fighter, who fights like he is 6'9'' and whom also has a good boxing brain and knows what he is doing. 

Usyk would just be too short and small to be effective against Fury. I don't think it would be a pretty or an exciting fight to watch - although an effective tactic. Fury likely sets up to fight on the outside, maybe Usyk gets some joy early on, but Fury eventually works it out and picks him off as he comes forward with the jab, then ties him up when he gets close.

Usyk probably doesn't have the obvious power to stand a fair chance of landing a KO punch thus it's a lot easier to see the pathways to victory for Fury than ways that Usyk can win. Styles make fights and Fury is a horrible match for Usyk - 3" taller and 25lbs heavier its a very game match up though.

Furys kryptonite would probably be somebody who is big enough, and fights in the swarming style - but there isn't really any effective swarmers operating at the business end of the HW division in this era. 

16 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

It's his story that makes Fury appealing. He's obviously quite charismatic too; but you can't not respect what the man has went through and what he's achieved from being a 30 stone, suicidal mess. 

He's a special athlete. 

Looks like a big fat cunt you would meet in a pub, fights like a fucking man providing for his family.

20 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Looks like a big fat cunt you would meet in a pub, fights like a fucking man providing for his family.

Body shape is so deceptive, looks fat, slow and sluggish. He's faster than everyone he fights, smarter and moves like no other heavyweight. 

He's special 

45 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

It's his story that makes Fury appealing. He's obviously quite charismatic too; but you can't not respect what the man has went through and what he's achieved from being a 30 stone, suicidal mess. 

He's a special athlete. 

The cardio he has for a fat cunt is something else

30 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

10 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Body shape is so deceptive, looks fat, slow and sluggish. He's faster than everyone he fights, smarter and moves like no other heavyweight. 

He's special 

2 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

The cardio he has for a fat cunt is something else

Aye he definitely proves that being ripped doesn't mean that you're fit. I honestly have no idea how or where he carries that weight. He's only two inches taller than me, but about 45lbs heavier, and he doesn't look even as close to being as fat as he should. 

7 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

Usyk would have a chance against Fury if there wasn't such a size difference. Nobody else will trouble him unless his head goes.

Usyk is a better boxer than Fury by a distance imo but Fury still beats him by doing exactly what he did to Wilder last night and leaning on him for the entire fight and sapping his energy.

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

Aye he definitely proves that being ripped doesn't mean that you're fit. I honestly have no idea how or where he carries that weight. He's only two inches taller than me, but about 45lbs heavier, and he doesn't look even as close to being as fat as he should. 

Your a big fat bastard who couldn't fight sleep imo :lol:

21 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

We’ve been conditioned by advertising to believe that fitness looks like they wee fannys with the washboard abs and <5% body fat.

The big man is a specimen. Not many men his size can shift the way he can.

4 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

AJ will need to beat Usyk to make it happen. I honestly don't see him doing it in the rematch. 

Fury will fight Whyte next as mandatory, if he gets past wallin.

Then I reckon it's the unification bout. 

He'll stop Usyk if he fights him and doesn't box him. A huge difference. Probably the worst strategy from a boxer in years. Still can't understand what he was thinking. 

I think Joshua will beat Usyk. Whyte knocks out Wallin. Whyte and Fury fight. Then winner vs Joshua next summer Wembley. 

2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

He's special 

He's ridiculous. I can't think of any other athlete in any sport whose physique and style are so opposed to each other.

13 minutes ago, JamieD said:

He's ridiculous. I can't think of any other athlete in any sport whose physique and style are so opposed to each other.

Those shots of the flab hinging over his tight shorts with the smallest arse I've ever seen. :lol: :ang: Arse looks half way up his spine. 

42900938-9571251-image-a-214_16208309436

3 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Those shots of the flab hinging over his tight shorts with the smallest arse I've ever seen. :lol: :ang: Arse looks half way up his spine. 

42900938-9571251-image-a-214_16208309436

It's both criminal and sensational that a man in that condition is one of the baddest men on the planet and the King of Heavyweight boxing.