Boxing and MMA

khan_2277389i.jpg

I used to follow Kahn and was thinking he was the real deal until i stayed up til like 4 am to watch him get done by the first punch (Bredis Prescott?) :lol:

After that i've started to dislike him more and more every fight, the last one me and my gf stayed up to like 4am to see him get embarassed and that's me done even attempting to cheer him on :lol:

I used to follow Kahn and was thinking he was the real deal until i stayed up til like 4 am to watch him get done by the first punch (Bredis Prescott?) :lol:

After that i've started to dislike him more and more every fight, the last one me and my gf stayed up to like 4am to see him get embarassed and that's me done even attempting to cheer him on :lol:

I was in Turkey when his last fight was on, me and the missus were surrounded by English people who I thought would be rooting for him but we were all celebrating when he got done.

Was magical.

I fucking love Hatton, it'd rekindle my love of Boxing for sure.

Sorry to lower the threads standards but i'm sure i saw a snippet on SSN last week about Andrew Flintoff turning into a pro boxer? Is this true?

If so anyone think he'll actually do any good? :lol:

I think Freddie used to box a bit as a kid , he's apparently been trainng for about a year , sparring since may , not drunk since July until the fight , lost 20 kgs down to a 100 kilos and he used boxing as the basis of his cardio throughout his career however stepping in the ring for a pro fight is a different equation. You'd imagine him to have a big dig but to be a bit chinny, it'll be interesting and I think he's taking it seriously but you'd think it'd be 'entertainment' rather than 'boxing'.

On khan there is a lot of hate out there but despite his recent record given hattons absence , lifestyle and age I'd be backing khan I'd think but that's without watching how sharp or not Ricky looks on comeback

I think Freddie used to box a bit as a kid , he's apparently been trainng for about a year , sparring since may , not drunk since July until the fight , lost 20 kgs down to a 100 kilos and he used boxing as the basis of his cardio throughout his career however stepping in the ring for a pro fight is a different equation. You'd imagine him to have a big dig but to be a bit chinny, it'll be interesting and I think he's taking it seriously but you'd think it'd be 'entertainment' rather than 'boxing'.

On khan there is a lot of hate out there but despite his recent record given hattons absence , lifestyle and age I'd be backing khan I'd think but that's without watching how sharp or not Ricky looks on comeback

Well i'm not anywhere near an expert on boxing, just enjoy the sport and pick favourites :lol:

I was thinking of Hatton in his prime, never even considered he could come back in not the best of shapes, which is ridiculous when talking about Hatton :lol:

I see what you're saying about Flintoff and it being more about entertainment but from what i know of Freddy he doesn't seem like the type of guy that wouldn't take it seriously, if you know what i mean?

Well i'm not anywhere near an expert on boxing, just enjoy the sport and pick favourites :lol:

I was thinking of Hatton in his prime, never even considered he could come back in not the best of shapes, which is ridiculous when talking about Hatton :lol:

I see what you're saying about Flintoff and it being more about entertainment but from what i know of Freddy he doesn't seem like the type of guy that wouldn't take it seriously, if you know what i mean?

Yeah absolutely I think he'll be serious and a few have changed sports Curtis woodhouse , sonny b Williams who is NZ heavyweight champ (after not even a half a dozen fights though) and Anthony mundine who looks about the 'best' fighting at a decent level. I wouldn't imagine Fred will ever get to the level of titles but we'll probably get a few fights of entertainment until somebody knocks him spark out

Yeah absolutely I think he'll be serious and a few have changed sports Curtis woodhouse , sonny b Williams who is NZ heavyweight champ (after not even a half a dozen fights though) and Anthony mundine who looks about the 'best' fighting at a decent level. I wouldn't imagine Fred will ever get to the level of titles but we'll probably get a few fights of entertainment until somebody knocks him spark out

He's also a great personality which would add to the sport in general, imo. Proper boxing fans may disagree though and think that it's a bit of a gimmick but i've always found boxing to be about the fighter more than the fight. Muhammed Ali, he was shit hot but he was also a charachter in the ring, Tyson, well everyone knows the story there. Especially with the way society and technology has changed the boxers now have to be good with the media, which Freddy certainly is. David Haye, he has his bitchyness and taunting, it's all part of the build up. I'm not trying to discredit the sport but a lot of people would agree that the entertainment of a fight starts way way way before they enter the ring...

Looking at it that way i think only good could come from Freddy taking up the Boxing.

I bet ricky hatton sees the likes of Bradley/Garcia and malinaggi being champions and saying I'm having some of that

Can't see him going to light welter but welterweight he would be still a strong champion I feel

It's a guessing game

He could be fucked after a few rounds and get pasted or he could be the Ricky of old

Duran used to shag hookers and smoke and drink too and he boxed later yrs

I bet ricky hatton sees the likes of Bradley/Garcia and malinaggi being champions and saying I'm having some of that

Can't see him going to light welter but welterweight he would be still a strong champion I feel

It's a guessing game

He could be fucked after a few rounds and get pasted or he could be the Ricky of old

Duran used to shag hookers and smoke and drink too and he boxed later yrs

Duran did mate although he was a bit special and he also moved up the weights whereas hatton kept cutting weights before fights and that's where the 'strain' is for me more than anything, there have been p,entry of fighters come back sharp but plenty s shadow of their former selves, I agree totally that we've no idea what kind of hatton will come back into the ring and depending of the quality of his opponent we at not know much after his first fight back.

I used to love watching hatton but by the end I felt I could see the damage he'd done to himself so I'd hate to see him come back and undo a lot of his reputation.

Duran did mate although he was a bit special and he also moved up the weights whereas hatton kept cutting weights before fights and that's where the 'strain' is for me more than anything, there have been p,entry of fighters come back sharp but plenty s shadow of their former selves, I agree totally that we've no idea what kind of hatton will come back into the ring and depending of the quality of his opponent we at not know much after his first fight back.

I used to love watching hatton but by the end I felt I could see the damage he'd done to himself so I'd hate to see him come back and undo a lot of his reputation.

True mate

I hope he doesn't destroy his legacy like Roy Jones has done

I vowed not to return until GCL was banned. 3 days ago.

I must say part of me wants him to stay retired but I'm jumping for joy. However having never had chance to go to a "only one Ricky Hatton " event. I will be there so any help in getting tickets would be appreciated

I think he's still got something to offer but we won't know until we see him in 1st fight. He should fight someone like Ndou to see his level then go to a last big fight.