Boxing and MMA

Undefeated Canadian Phil Lo Greco has announced his availability for a November outing in Manchester against Ricky Hatton following Paulie Malignaggi’s recent recommendation to WBN.

Malignaggi put friend Lo Greco’s name forward when quizzed by World Boxing News yesterday and the Toronto fighter is more than ready to face the ‘Hitman’ should the call come for the Manchester Arena contest.

“It makes sense because he wants to fight a ranked fighter in order for him to get to Paulie,” Lo Greco told World Boxing News.

“My last fight in Vegas was aired on Sky in the UK so the British public have seen me already, but I'm not sure if Hatton wants to fight an undefeated fighter right off the bat.”

28 year-old Lo Greco is undefeated so far in 24 contests with 13 stoppages and blasted out Brandon Hoskins within 90 seconds in his last outing at the Mandalay Bay on the Garcia v Khan undercard.

Hatton, 33, is believed to be just one fight away from facing Malignaggi for his WBA title, although Lo Greco has no qualms in putting a stop to the contest by upsetting the Briton on his home soil.

“If I could get that fight I would put an end to Paulie fighting Hatton because it's my time to shine now.”

Many believe that Hatton should have stayed retired following a devastating stoppage loss to Manny Pacquiao in 2009, but Lo Greco disagrees and says the ‘Hitman’ deserves another chance to redeem himself.

“Hatton as every right to return,” he said. “He is in his early thirties so why not. I have seen some videos of his press conference and he looks in great shape, good for him.

“He was trying to bully Pacquiao in his last fight, thinking his size would make a difference but it was the wrong gameplan and he got caught cold.”

Lo Greco, who is ranked number 12 by both the WBA and WBC, is now ready to take that next step in his career and sees a high-profile clash with Hatton as the perfect tonic to kick-start his career.

“I have had countless of amateur fights all over the world and fought in Europe as a pro so I'm used to high pressure fights, but I would deliver a real thriller fighting him in Manchester.

“I hope to get the shot that I deserve and a chance at stardom, but until then, I am just going to keep on winning and sooner or later it will come.”

Personally I think he should fight senchenko

Katsidis is totally finished

Hatton was talking about going in with a contender

He should get maidana

He would be just aswell going in with witter and having that fight made after all those yrs if it's a tune up as they are on the same level

What makes you think Hatton will be any better than Katsidis is now when he returns?

Katsidis has stayed in shape, stayed busy and fought some quality fighters while Hatton has done nothing but get fat.

What makes you think Hatton will be any better than Katsidis is now when he returns?

Katsidis has stayed in shape, stayed busy and fought some quality fighters while Hatton has done nothing but get fat.

He got fat after every fight

He's still in early 30s

Apart from getting beat off the 2 best fighters in the last 30 yrs he's taken out everyone else

He's still the same guy and I'm sure everyone will see that

Katsidis has been in many a war in the ring, hasn't been the same since his brother died

He got fat after every fight

He's still in early 30s

Apart from getting beat off the 2 best fighters in the last 30 yrs he's taken out everyone else

He's still the same guy and I'm sure everyone will see that

Katsidis has been in many a war in the ring, hasn't been the same since his brother died

Really hope this isn't true now. Just read that the fight will be at 147. Ridiculous if Katsidis is going to try and fight at that weight. He is too small for light welter.

Maidana v hatton? Lol maidana would knock him out in 3 rounds. Hes a beast of a fighter who is always great to watch. Love ricky but 3 years out is a long time for a fat drunk. He couldnt beat the best when at his peak what chance is there now?

What a load of shite

He couldn't even knock out glass chin khan

Love ricky but 3 years out is a long time for a fat drunk

Bit much mate.

He was hardly a drunk, just enjoyed a pint when out like the rest of us. If he was then he'd never have been as good as he was.

Yes he done his body no favors with the balooning of weights between fights but he's been hitting the gym and keeping healthy for a while now.

Where's that Maidana-Hatton rumour came from? Not a bad fight in fairness.

Apparently it's between Vyacheslav Senchenko and Katsidis as an opponent for Ricky. Personally hope it's Senchenko.

It was just me saying it mate

Hope it's sechenko too but can't see it as he's turning down any half decent opponent

If it were senchenko then I get the prediction winner :D

That would set him up nicely for a malignaggi clash providing he wins his next fight. Would he be once again lighting up the Vegas strip? Well that would give me an excuse to get married and have a stag do in Vegas and make the hangover 3 :D