Boxing and MMA

Basically untested youngster with no power doesn't seem much of a comeback 'send a message' type fight to me

It's a comeback fight with little pressure after back-to-back defeats. I can understand the reasoning behind him taking this fight, new trainer as well so wouldn't make much sense to fly straight in at the deep end. Could have been better, could have been worse. Just glad he isn't rematching Paul McCloskey.

It's a comeback fight with little pressure after back-to-back defeats. I can understand the reasoning behind him taking this fight, new trainer as well so wouldn't make much sense to fly straight in at the deep end. Could have been better, could have been worse. Just glad he isn't rematching Paul McCloskey.

I take that mate but I thought he'd be trying to send a message and that he was back , the mcloskey fight would have been an absolute bore fest in my opinion

I think Ricky should not return to ring, he had a great career and i worry for him, really like him.

I disagree. He wants to redeem himself from a professional and personal perspective and i fully support his decision to get back in the ring. I just hope it goes well for him and doesnt lead to more embarrassment. Its worth the risk IMO. He's talking about possibly fighting Amir Khan and what a fight that would be. It would be a sell-out whether it was in Vegas or England.

Superb that my 3 favourite boxers have all come out of retirement in recent times. Great for British boxing. Harrison vs Burns is another i'd really like to happen.

I disagree. He wants to redeem himself from a professional and personal perspective and i fully support his decision to get back in the ring. I just hope it goes well for him and doesnt lead to more embarrassment. Its worth the risk IMO. He's talking about possibly fighting Amir Khan and what a fight that would be. It would be a sell-out whether it was in Vegas or England.

Superb that my 3 favourite boxers have all come out of retirement in recent times. Great for British boxing. Harrison vs Burns is another i'd really like to happen.

No interest in Burns vs. Harrison to be honest but it will sell out in Glasgow so makes financial sense I suppose.

Was against Hatton returning and I stand by that he should have stayed retired, but it's impossible, now that it's official, not to get excited by his return. Really hope he proves me wrong.

I take that mate but I thought he'd be trying to send a message and that he was back , the mcloskey fight would have been an absolute bore fest in my opinion

The time will come for Khan to send out a message that he's back, but now is the not the time to do so IMO. A relatively risk-free fight is what's needed for him just now in my opinion.

Was against Hatton returning and I stand by that he should have stayed retired, but it's impossible, now that it's official, not to get excited by his return. Really hope he proves me wrong.

Its a huge gamble, but i reckon its going to pay off.

No doubt his journey will end with a defeat but hopefully its a good few fights away. He needs to maintain a good weight and not get fat in between fights like he normally did. He didnt really have a choice i suppose, this is something he HAD to do for the public and for himself.

He could easily have opted for the Jungle or Dancing on Ice or something daft like that but he's chosen to do what he does best. :)

ps, A Harrison vs Burns fight does excite me. I always enjoyed Harrisons fights. He simply goes toe-to-toe and all his fights are a brawl. Total opposite of his namesake Audley Harrison...

Burns and Harrison is the stupidest fight ever. Harrison was a great fighter years ago. Not now. He's finished.

As I've said before Burns MUST go to America to get any kind of recognition off people, fuck even I would give him a bit of praise. Another question that must be asked, will Burns ever be a box office fighter?

Burns and Harrison is the stupidest fight ever. Harrison was a great fighter years ago. Not now. He's finished.

As I've said before Burns MUST go to America to get any kind of recognition off people, fuck even I would give him a bit of praise. Another question that must be asked, will Burns ever be a box office fighter?

I always forget Burns exists to be honest. I agree he needs to fight on a bigger stage but there's huge money to be made from a Harrison fight and money talks...

You may disagree..... but i reckon Harrison could take Burns. (tu)

The big stage is in America but like him or not, Burns has a decent enough resume to gain recognition off people. Not Carl Froch resume, but it's still good. He'll never be box office, but neither will Andre Ward.

I always forget Burns exists to be honest. I agree he needs to fight on a bigger stage but there's huge money to be made from a Harrison fight and money talks...

You may disagree..... but i reckon Harrison could take Burns. (tu)

I think Harrison would be lucky to win three rounds against Burns. That's a money fight for Burns and a cash-out fight for Harrison in my opinion.

The big stage is in America but like him or not, Burns has a decent enough resume to gain recognition off people. Not Carl Froch resume, but it's still good. He'll never be box office, but neither will Andre Ward.

Ward not box office ?

You on the wind up?

The time will come for Khan to send out a message that he's back, but now is the not the time to do so IMO. A relatively risk-free fight is what's needed for him just now in my opinion.

I think boxers coming from loses tend to look for a really winnable fight and from that point of view I can see the sense it makes. It's only my opinion but khan has slipped from being really highly rated to be heavily criticised on the back of the defeats and people talking of his career being over so for me a tougher fight would maybe have sent the 'don't write me off message' if you can see what I mean ?

I think boxers coming from loses tend to look for a really winnable fight and from that point of view I can see the sense it makes. It's only my opinion but khan has slipped from being really highly rated to be heavily criticised on the back of the defeats and people talking of his career being over so for me a tougher fight would maybe have sent the 'don't write me off message' if you can see what I mean ?

Can see where your coming from but another bad defeat similar to that of Garcia would finish him. He's only 25 and has already been badly KO'd twice and been in two wars with Maidana and Peterson. He needs to rebuild and I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him in another big fight until 2/3 more fights time. He's a tv friendly fighter so opportunities will always be there for him.

But yur an Ricky "Hitman" Hatton was PPV

:wink::lol:

All serious now, wonder what tv network his fight will be on

Gillette have you got your tickets yet? Mines came last week but my mates hasn't yet

Not got them yet mate

Not that I know of anyway

My brother ordered them and he's not told me they have arrived

Hopefully this wk

Burns back on December 15th in London. George Groves, Tony Conquest and Billy Joe Saunders will all be on the card. Opponents will be announced next week.

There's a chance that Eddie Hearn will have a card on the same night in London as well.

Burns back on December 15th in London. George Groves, Tony Conquest and Billy Joe Saunders will all be on the card. Opponents will be announced next week.

There's a chance that Eddie Hearn will have a card on the same night in London as well.

Gavin Rees being lined up for Burns I hear :anguish:

Gavin Rees being lined up for Burns I hear :anguish:

I doubt that happens to be honest. Can't see Hearn allowing Rees to fight on Box Nation or Frank allowing Burns to fight on Sky Sports. Still think Burns' next opponent will be Jose Gonzalez if Gonzalez wins this weekend and doesn't suffer an injury.