Boxing and MMA

I had Manny a point up at the time as well and thought he was edging the 6th.

That overhand right is a new weapon for Marquez, he's usually all about the straight right hand counters but we never seen it that much tonight.

Above all I hope that Manny is fine as that was pretty bad KO.

I don't recall him landing an uppercut of note, which is also a trademark punch of JMM.

I really don't know where Manny goes from here though. As said he's 34 next week, and has made a lot of cash from the sport, and has a lot of interests outwith boxing. That was an absolutely brutal KO, and really, I can't think of any recent examples (admittedly at 7am after being up for 24hrs) of somebody bouncing straight back and looking good after being rendered unconscious in a world level fight, not least at one of the lighter weights. Indeed I struggle to think of anyone who has been KO'd in that fashion and ever got back to their pre-KO self. Manny simply doesn't have the 2-3yrs and 5-6 fights to rebuild.

I think a 5th fight would be a bad idea for Pacquiao, and I hope Roach and the team talk sense into him. History is littered with fighters who thought they could still cut it in pursuit of redemption or one last shot at glory... it nearly always has ended in tears.

Just off the top of my head I can think of Paul Williams and Hatton - both were never the same after their KO defeats. Freddie spoke about it in 24/7 that if Pac was to lose he would consider telling him to retire. There are still fights out there for Manny, but as he gets older his punch resistance will go, and he's never been the best defensively so is liable to be on the receiving end of another KO at some point.

first few rounds, thought marquez was in for it - he seemed a step off the pace and his great reflex counter punch slower - too close to forty, i thought.

then, in the 3rd., BAM!!

manny's down.

fucks sake where did that power come from.

a super punch that did damage but manny came back strong at the end of the round.

i thought marquez was well and truly fucked by the mid point of the 6th.

he had been down, his nose was fucking broke and all over his face, and and his legs were fucking concrete at the end of the fifth.

manny knew he had him in the 6th, moved in full of confidence and WOOOSH!!!

an overhand right and manny was down and fucking out on the canvas and somewhere in next week .

the announcer was talking about a rematch when manny was face down, not moving a muscle - right fucking out.

rematch?

i was wondering if he was fuckin deed!

glad marquez won.

Great knock out by Marquez pac man not even in the same league as mayweather and think it proves he was using drugs now

What a lot of pish , when the Mayweather fight should have happened , Manny would have knocked that prick out .

Well done to Marquez , Manny should now retire .

Its crazy to try and come up with a conclusion to pac man mayweather based on this. Totally different fight those two men just tryd to conclude there rivalry. As for drugs if you know anything about victor conte and his associates you would most likley throw that stone at marquez. Over the moon for marquez

That was the best fight i ever seen. Eclipses Hagler Hearns. Absolutely amazing and Pac looked back to his offensive best. i thought it was shaping up to a pac tko win but what a shot from the now greatest mexican of all time. Still buzzing from that, simply amazing. If Pac can overcome the psychology of a ko like that he showed he still has it in the tank to beat anyone.

Pacman should now retire. He has money, fame, a political future - he does not need to be having his brains scrambled again.

A great fight between two of the very best.

he is a warrior, if anything he'll come back hungrier than he has been since his rise to the top.

Marquez with a better body and harder shots than when he was half that age.

It's a wonder what 'strength condition' can do to a human body.

And here was me thinking people's bodies were meant to get worse as they got older.

What a lot of pish , when the Mayweather fight should have happened , Manny would have knocked that prick out .

Well done to Marquez , Manny should now retire .

All about opinions but I don't think Manny would have beat Mayweather - even in his prime. Shame though that if the fight happens it won't be as good as it would have been all those years ago. It will obviously still do well on PPV but it should have been made when both when their in their prime - or near enough in their prime anyway. Both are still good and both can still beat any top fighter, but they're both on their way out.

All these drug accusations flying about are as ludicrous as the one's Floyd made about Pacquiao IMO. Personally I'd rather have stone cold proof that a fighter is doping before labelling them a cheat.

Pacquiao's kryptonite is a counter puncher with good timing.

Mayweather is harder to hit that Marquez, is bigger than Marquez, and is certainly equal, if not better when it comes to countering and timing.

Once Mayweather gets into a rhythm and susses out Pacs odd angles and southpaw stance, he beats Pacquiao fairly easily.

Fmjs kryptonite is hard punching southpaws with a high punch output. Marqz got 42 rounds to figure pac out, and went down 5 times.

Anyone going to be watching or even lucky enough to be going to the darts tomorrow or during the tournament?After football I love the darts so I'll be tuning in,should be a good tournament :)

PDC

THE schedule of play for the Ladbrokes World Darts Championship has been confirmed, with reigning champion Adrian Lewis in action on the opening night on Friday December 14.

The £1 million tournament will be held at London's Alexandra Palace from December 14-January 1.

The preliminary and first round will be held across eight sessions in seven days, with play commencing on Friday December 14 and each session featuring one preliminary round game and four first round matches.

The second round and opening two games from the third round will then take place before the Christmas break, with play resuming on Thursday December 27 with the remaining six games from the last 16.

The quarter-finals will then take place with two matches on each evening on December 28 and 29, with the semi-finals on December 30 and the final being held on Tuesday January 1.

Reigning champion Lewis will begin his challenge for a hat-trick of World Championship titles when he plays Gino Vos on the opening night on December 14 in a high-profile opening session.

June's UK Open champion Robert Thornton will kick-off the World Championship when he plays Magnus Caris, with Paul Nicholson facing Co Stompe and Kevin Painter playing the winner of the preliminary round game between Andree Welge and Leung Chun Nam.

Saturday's second day of action sees play in both the afternoon and evening sessions, with former semi-finalist Terry Jenkins meeting Steve Brown, Richie Burnett playing World Youth Champion James Hubbard, Wayne Jones facing Jerry Hendriks and Andy Smith playing either Daryl Gurney or Robert Marijanovic.

World number one Phil Taylor, the 15-time World Champion, headlines Saturday's evening session as he takes on Northern Ireland's Michael Mansell.

Three-time World Champion John Part meets Joe Cullen, Dave Chisnall plays Australia's Shane Tichowitsch and Denis Ovens will take on either German teenager Max Hopp or South African debutant Charl Pietersen.

2007 World Champion Raymond van Barneveld plays Michael Smith on Sunday evening, with the last two finalists - Gary Anderson and Andy Hamilton - also in action against Jarkko Komula or Jani Haavisto and James Richardson respectively, while Brendan Dolan plays debutant Mark Jones.

World number three James Wade, a semi-finalist last year, plays Peter Hudson on MOnday night, with two-time semi-finalist Mark Webster facing Ian White, Peter Wright meeting Arron Monk and Jamie Caven playing either Carlos Rodriguez or John Bowles.

Tuesday's games will feature Mervyn King up against former Lakeside finalist Dean Winstanley, number six seed Wes Newton playing another debutant, Johnny Haines, Steve Beaton meeting Australian Kyle Anderson and Colin Osborne playing either Lourence Ilagan or Jamie Lewis.

Wednesday's penultimate day of first round action will feature number five seed Simon Whitlock, a semi-finalist last year and the 2010 runner-up, facing either Japan's Haruki Muramatsu or New Zealander Dave Harrington.

Ronnie Baxter plays two-time World Champion Dennis Priestley, Colin Lloyd meets Darin Young and Justin Pipe faces Andy Jenkins.

The final first round games will be played on Thursday December 20, with World Grand Prix winner Michael van Gerwen, the number four seed, playing either Paul Lim or Mohd Latif Sapup.

Fellow Dutchman Vincent van der Voort plays debutant Stuart Kellett, Mark Walsh faces Darren Webster and Kim Huybrechts plays Scott Rand.

The Ladbrokes World Championship will be held from December 14-January 1 at Alexandra Palace. For tickets, visit www.seetickets.com/darts or call 0844 871 8807.

The Ladbrokes World Darts Championship is shown live on Sky Sports HD including the semi-finals and final in 3D. Join the conversation on Twitter by using #Ladbrokesdarts.

2013 Ladbrokes World Darts Championship

Schedule of Play

Friday December 14 (7pm-12am)

1x Preliminary Round, 4x First Round

7.10pm Robert Thornton v Magnus Caris

8.15pm Andree Welge v Leung Chun Nam (P)

9.00pm Paul Nicholson v Co Stompe

10.00pm Adrian Lewis v Gino Vos

11.00pm Kevin Painter v Welge/Chun Nam

Saturday December 15

Afternoon Session (12pm-5pm)

12.10pm Wayne Jones v Jerry Hendriks

1.15pm Daryl Gurney v Robert Marijanovic (P)

2.00pm Richie Burnett v James Hubbard

3.00pm Terry Jenkins v Steve Brown

4.00pm Andy Smith v Gurney/Marijanovic

Evening Session (7pm-12am)

7.10pm Dave Chisnall v Shane Tichowitsch

8.15pm Max Hopp v Charl Pietersen (P)

9.00pm John Part v Joe Cullen

10.00pm Phil Taylor v Michael Mansell

11.00pm Denis Ovens v Hopp/Pietersen

Sunday December 16 (7pm-12am)

7.10pm Brendan Dolan v Mark Jones

8.15pm Jarkko Komula v Jani Haavisto (P)

9.00pm Andy Hamilton v James Richardson

10.00pm Raymond van Barneveld v Michael Smith

11.00pm Gary Anderson v Komula/Haavisto

Monday December 17 (7pm-12am)

7.10pm Peter Wright v Arron Monk

8.15pm Carlos Rodriguez v John Bowles (P)

9.00pm Mark Webster v Ian White

10.00pm James Wade v Peter Hudson

11.00pm Jamie Caven v Rodriguez/Bowles

Tuesday December 18 (7pm-12am)

7.10pm Steve Beaton v Kyle Anderson

8.15pm Lourence Ilagan v Jamie Lewis (P)

9.00pm Wes Newton v Johnny Haines

10.00pm Mervyn King v Dean Winstanley

11.00pm Colin Osborne v Ilagan/J Lewis

Wednesday December 19 (7pm-12am)

7.10pm Justin Pipe v Andy Jenkins

8.15pm Haruki Muramatsu v Dave Harrington (P)

9.00pm Ronnie Baxter v Dennis Priestley

10.00pm Colin Lloyd v Darin Young

11.00pm Simon Whitlock v Muramatsu/Harrington

Thursday December 20 (7pm-12am)

7.10pm Mark Walsh v Darren Webster

8.15pm Paul Lim v Mohd Latif Sapup (P)

9.00pm Kim Huybrechts v Scott Rand

10.00pm Vincent van der Voort v Stuart Kellett

11.00pm Michael van Gerwen v Lim/Sapup

Friday December 21

Afternoon Session (12.30pm-4.30pm)

3x Second Round

12.40pm Hamilton/Richardson v Burnett/Hubbard

2.00pm Chisnall/Tichowitsch v A Smith/Gurney/Marijanovic

3.20pm Anderson/Komula/Haavisto v Caven/Rodriguez/Bowles

Evening Session (7pm-11pm)

3x Second Round

7.10pm T Jenkins/Brown v Part/Cullen

8.30pm Nicholson/Stompe v Thornton/Caris

9.50pm Taylor/Mansell v W Jones/Hendriks

Saturday December 22

3x Second Round

12.40pm Painter/Welge/Chun Nam v Baxter/Priestley

2.00pm M Webster/White v Lloyd/Young

3.20pm van Barneveld/M Smith v Dolan/M Jones

3x Second Round

7.10pm Newton/Haines v Huybrechts/Rand

8.30pm Whitlock/Muramatsu/Harrington v Osborne/Ilagan/J Lewis

9.50pm A Lewis/Vos v Ovens/Hopp/Pietersen

Sunday December 23

3x Second Round

12.40pm Pipe/A Jenkins v Walsh/D Webster

2.00pm King/Winstanley v van der Voort/Kellett

3.20pm Wade/Hudson v Beaton/K Anderson

1x Second Round, 2x Third Round

7.10pm van Gerwen/Lim/Sapup v Wright/Monk

8.30pm Hamilton/Richardson/Burnett/Hubbard v T Jenkins/Brown/Part/Cullen

9.50pm Taylor/Mansell/W Jones/Hendriks v Nicholson/Stompe/Thornton/Caris

Thursday December 27

3x Third Round

12.40pm Whitlock/Muramatsu/Harrington/Osborne/Ilagan/J Lewis v Chisnall/Tichowitsch/A Smith/Gurney/Marijanovic

2.00pm G Anderson/Komula/Haavisto/Caven/Rodriguez/Bowles v van Barneveld/M Smith/Dolan/M Jones

3.20pm Newton/Haines/Huybrechts/Rand v Pipe/A Jenkins/Walsh/D Webster

3x Third Round

7.10pm van Gerwen/Lim/Sapup/Wright/Monk v M Webster/White/Lloyd/Young

8.30pm A Lewis/Vos/Ovens/Hopp/Pietersen v Painter/Welge/Chun Nam/Baxter/Priestley

9.50pm Wade/Hudson/Beaton/K Anderson v King/Winstanley/van der Voort/Kellett

Friday December 28 (7pm-11pm)

2x Quarter-Finals

7.15pm

9.15pm

Saturday December 29 (7pm-11pm)

2x Quarter-Finals

7.15pm

9.15pm

Sunday December 30 (7pm-11pm)

Semi-Finals

7.15pm

9.15pm

Tuesday January 1 (8pm-11pm)

Final

8.15pm

The schedule of play is subject to change at the discretion of the PDC and Sky Sports. Any changes would be notified as soon as possible at www.pdc.tv. Times of matches listed above is approximate and for guidance only.

Format

Preliminary Round - Best of Seven Legs (no tie-break)

First Round - Best of Five Sets

Second Round - Best of Seven Sets

Third Round - Best of Seven Sets

Quarter-Finals - Best of Nine Sets

Semi-Finals - Best of 11 Sets

Final - Best of 13 Sets

All Sets are the best of five legs.

For all matches using the Sets format, there will be a tie-break in the deciding set only, where the final set must be won by two clear legs until the score in that set reaches 5-5. Should that situation occur, then a sudden-death leg will be played, before which the players will throw first for the bull to determine who throws first in the sudden-death leg.

Barney's some player when he's in the zone,either him or Gary Anderson Id like to see win it but will probably be Lewis or Taylor but as long as we see some quality darts I'll be happy 00000042.gif

Barneys win last month was the barney of old it was fantastic. Anderson is a brilliant player but he is a bit of a shitebag.

Barneys win last month was the barney of old it was fantastic. Anderson is a brilliant player but he is a bit of a shitebag.

Agree with that I like Anderson apart from his new shite shirt :lol: but he does seem to bottle it alot,yep seen Barney's win recently so hopefully that will kick him on again and he can get back up there winning more trophies again (tu)

But arguably won the 2nd and 3rd fight.

you could make a case for either guy winning 3-0 imo. very close fights. 1 thing about Pacquiao is he changes how fighters fight due to his blazing hand/foot speed & power. JMM came out to fight his fight in the first encounter and got put on his ass 3 times, since then he has boxed far more conservatively than he has for anyone else. Same with Bradley, even though got gifted a robbery, that fight really hurt his pride, he believed he had the intensity & toughness that no man could make him take a backward step, but Pacman had him on his bike after a couple of rounds.

looking forward to the action this weekend. I think Khan is a stick on against Molina & was really impressed by Virgil Hunter on ringside last night, his strategical knowledge was fascinating to listen to. Also can't see the night ending well for Arce against Donaire. Groves is heavy favorite against Old Man Glen. I'll stick money on GJ though, not cuse i think he'l win, i just ain't a fan of the ugly ginger kid.