Boxing and MMA

Yeah it's as if he gets bored with the burst punches & just wants to go hell for leather. Could see a few lapses in his concentration tonight & kept leaving his chin out.

Khan calling out Garcia again saying anytime,any place :lol:

I believe if he improves his defence he will beat garcia, before that brutal KO khan was boxing the head off him.

Delighted he got back on track and hopefully a fight with kell brook is not far away.

Hope Burns takes the fight. It's there and being offered, get it on, I think Broner will beat him regardless of the usual ""aahh but but De Leon beat him blah blah blah pish, every fighter has a poor performance in their career and that was his.

He lost in a fight against a guy called Fernando Quintero as well.

Doesn't matter any more though, he's improved vastly since then.

I've never said Burns would beat him, I just think it's a more competitive fight than people think.

Surely broner should come over here to the UK to fight.

Burns/broner could easily sell out a stadium in this country, but not in the states

How long did burns fight take to sell out against Mitchell? Over a month for 8000 tickets. Doubt a stadium would sell out.

And if its a stadium it would be the peedo dome

People forget Khan is still quite young.

He's got good skills, but he needs to polish things and learn defence.

I think he stayed with Freddie Roach 2-3 fights too long. Roach was good for a while, certainly taught him some things in offence, but Khan cannot fight like a Roach fighter, his footwork isn't good enough.

I'm unsure if Hunter will prove to be the correct move for Khan, time will tell I suppose. I always thought Manny Steward would of been a good trainer for Khan given his strong skill set and tall physique.

he has a big weakness for all to see but he's quite clearly a top class fighter & former unified champion. I'm not sure Hunter will change him enough to become undisputed #1 in 140lb again considering there are 4 guys who would probably knock him out, but his weakness isn't his ability - if he had a solid chin he wouldbe a contender for being top 2 or 3 p4p.

The thing is with Khan that it's not too late for him to learn how to protect his chin. His skill isn't in question and he has some of the fastest hands in the sport. If he can prevent his chin from being exposed in exchanges then he's a match for anyone.

And on the point about his chin, it's not the strongest but its weakness is overrated IMO. The shots he got KO'd by Prescott and Garcia would more than likely have KO'd anyone. Look at the shots he took from Maidana and the shots he took after the first knockdown from Garcia.

He's still only 26 and has achieved more than some fighters from the UK ever will.