Boxing and MMA

if he doesn't hit the big numbers early then he's in trouble. He just hasnt been the same player in 2012. Had a piss poor premier league campaign and now a bad world championship.

That's the thing. If he gets on top he is as good as any player.

That's the thing. If he gets on top he is as good as any player.

Absolutely not.

He's up there with the very best in terms of scoring, but his finishing is fucking abhorrent.

If a Van Barneveld, Chisnal or Whitlock were playing him, they can afford to give him the scoring advantage he has, because they'll get a chance to checkout in every leg. I've never seen a player so highly ranked or regarded who is so poor at hitting a double.

Absolutely not.

He's up there with the very best in terms of scoring, but his finishing is fucking abhorrent.

If a Van Barneveld, Chisnal or Whitlock were playing him, they can afford to give him the scoring advantage he has, because they'll get a chance to checkout in every leg. I've never seen a player so highly ranked or regarded who is so poor at hitting a double.

He only starts missing doubles when thr pressure is on. If he is ahead and full of confidence he will hit a decent percentage of doubles.

He only starts missing doubles when thr pressure is on. If he is ahead and full of confidence he will hit a decent percentage of doubles.

Read what you just wrote.

When he's already winning, the pressure is off, and he's at top levels of confidence then - and only then - he hits a decent percentage of doubles.

You can't be a top player, or up there with the best with that. There's not a player on the tour that doesn't double well when he's winning, pressure off and feeling good.

Read what you just wrote.

When he's already winning, the pressure is off, and he's at top levels of confidence then - and only then - he hits a decent percentage of doubles.

You can't be a top player, or up there with the best with that. There's not a player on the tour that doesn't double well when he's winning, pressure off and feeling good.

That's my point though. His scoring is as good if nit better than any other player so when he is buzzing he will get to doubles first. I agree with what you say but I have seen him at times unbeatable.

That's my point though. His scoring is as good if nit better than any other player so when he is buzzing he will get to doubles first. I agree with what you say but I have seen him at times unbeatable.

Hit scoring doesn't let him dominate matches though, because he'll always miss his first chance on the double, effectively handing his opponent an extra three darts to catch him.