Boxing and MMA

I'm not so confident cleverly can win this tbh. He's no power and BH will walk through the powderpuff he throws at him. What cleverly does have is age on his side though. I would favour BH to win in all honesty

I think it would be a really interesting fight tbh,would love to see BH knock him out.

James DeGale fight on March 23rd postponed,no reason given.

Warren needs to make Hopkins-Cleverly to keep boxnation alive. They've just announced the rights to Mayweather-Guerrero but I don't think that'll be enough to stop people cancelling their subscriptions after the recent defections to matchroom/sky sports.

To be fair to Frank he took a shot with Boxnation and provides decent cards from America etc. The reason Boxnation never took off is because it can't compete with the marketing power of sky. Get sky sports news and ringside to ignore Warren/Boxnation fighters and it's like they've disappeared off the face of the earth. Groves hans't been with matchroom for a month and he's already been on sky sports news, ringside and had a fight on sky sports. Boxnation can't offer that kind of exposure for their fighters.

I feel a bit sorry for Frank but any sensibe fighter would be doing everything they can to be with matchroom/sky.

Warren needs to make Hopkins-Cleverly to keep boxnation alive. They've just announced the rights to Mayweather-Guerrero but I don't think that'll be enough to stop people cancelling their subscriptions after the recent defections to matchroom/sky sports.

To be fair to Frank he took a shot with Boxnation and provides decent cards from America etc. The reason Boxnation never took off is because it can't compete with the marketing power of sky. Get sky sports news and ringside to ignore Warren/Boxnation fighters and it's like they've disappeared off the face of the earth. Groves hans't been with matchroom for a month and he's already been on sky sports news, ringside and had a fight on sky sports. Boxnation can't offer that kind of exposure for their fighters.

I feel a bit sorry for Frank but any sensibe fighter would be doing everything they can to be with matchroom/sky.

Not seen you post in a long time mate.

Agree with all of that (tu)

There's plenty of bears go to see burns fight.

Just because a section of green priests decided to chant 'just can't get enough' once in a while doesn't mean the fight needs to be ruined for you.

Personally I don't give a flying fuck who else is watching a fight anyway, I'm there to see the fight, if I wasn't away at sea in May I'd get a ticket asap

Burns trainer billy nelson is a bluenose, also remember big jig and john fleck going to see burns train at his gym. (tu)

Tom Bradley scrapes through with points win

Yeah read that on the SS app,completely forgot it was on!

Got scored 115-112 & 114-113 x2.

Got knocked down in the 1st but ref ruled it as a slip & knocked down in the last round. Apparently it was a really close fight.

Really enjoyed the Bradley fight last night took some massive punches .. Dont think mayweather will want anything to do with him after that fight ?? Also anyone know where a could get a link for it ?

Bradley-Provodnikov is the fight of the year so far.

Funny, HBO almost pulled the plug on this fight due to the social media backlash the fight received when it was first announced. Thankfully they didn't.

I scored it 114-113 for Bradley - although should have been a draw but the ref missed a knockdown in the first.

Yeh its been a while. Good to see the boxing thread is still going strong.

You've missed quite a lot in your absence Pacman getting KO'd , Mayweather and pacman still not fighting. Bob arum still ripping pish out of boxing Hattons comeback etc and skelf eventually getting to a Hatton fight

Enjoy

Nothing more he can achieve tbh. Always liked Cotto as a boxer and person. Hope he sees sense and just calls it a day

Don't think he ever got his head, or his camp together at the right age or time.

You've missed quite a lot in your absence Pacman getting KO'd , Mayweather and pacman still not fighting. Bob arum still ripping pish out of boxing Hattons comeback etc and skelf eventually getting to a Hatton fight

Enjoy

Yeh the Pacquiao knockout was a bit of a shock to say the least.

I take it you enjoyed the Hatton fight? The result obviously wasn't good but I'm guessing it was a good experience.

Don't think he ever got his head, or his camp together at the right age or time.

I thought he looked unbeatable until that cheating bastard Margarito ruined him. He's never been the same since.

Can't see where he's going to go from here though. Trout and Alvarez both have his number at 154 and he probably can't make 147 anymore.

Yeh the Pacquiao knockout was a bit of a shock to say the least.

I take it you enjoyed the Hatton fight? The result obviously wasn't good but I'm guessing it was a good experience.

Yeah the result was shit but experience was out of this world. I missed weigh in due to my grans funeral on the Friday but my mate went down and got his pics took with malignaggi and said weigh in was bouncing. Aww well at least Ricky gave a boy his dream of attending one of his fights....

For anyone's who's into podcasts . Sky Sports weekly Ringside toe-2-toe podcast is excellent . Its on for an hour each week and is hosted by Ed Robinson and normally has Spencer Fearon in the studio with him . They talk about the weekly boxing news not just bouts on sky sports. This week has mini interview with Lamont Peterson , Nathan Cleverly and discuss Chris Eubank jr's recent sparring with James De gale. I've only listen to about the last 7 weeks worth but wish I had discovered it earlier. Well worth checking out . http://www.skysports.com/podcast/0,20494,26084,00.html