Boxing and MMA

Groves came through an easy fight in Germany earlier today with a 2nd round stoppage. He wants the winner of Abraham vs Stieglitz (about to start) after his fight on the Froch undercard.

Booth confirmed Haye will confirm his plans in 7-10 days but the 06/07 date suggested by the media isn't right. Bunce suggested it will be the week before.

Groves came through an easy fight in Germany earlier today with a 2nd round stoppage. He wants the winner of Abraham vs Stieglitz (about to start) after his fight on the Froch undercard.

Booth confirmed Haye will confirm his plans in 7-10 days but the 06/07 date suggested by the media isn't right. Bunce suggested it will be the week before.

Fight will be against Fury I presume?

Stieglitz stops Abraham in 4. Stunning performance. Wonder if they'll add Groves-Stieglitz on the undercard of Froch-Kessler.

Ideally that would happen and make the undercard that little bit more appealing.

Fight will be against Fury I presume?

Hellenius, Pulev or Povetkin seem like the obvious choices if he is really going to go down the mandatory route.

Just can't see Haye taking a fight worth so little money though, just not his style.

Fury would be foolish to get in with Haye at this stage of his career as he would almost certainly get his jaw tanned.

No obvious opponent for Haye as far as I can see.

Abraham was a little unlucky last night. His eye went with the first clean punch that hit him, and it was clear he couldn't see. He must of broken something around the eye socket as the punch that did it was good, but not outstanding, and it's rare to see an eye swell like that so quickly. After that everything Steiglitz through with his right hand landed. However, Abraham is a notorious slow starter, and at world title level having slow starts always run the risk of things like that happening. Steiglitz was sensational though.

It's hard to see where Abraham goes from here. His physique coupled with his style is all wrong for 168, he's too small and not special enough to impose his style on similar level, but larger, fighters. However, he can no longer make 160lbs, a division where his physique is much more suited. He's kinda in a boxing limbo, and at 33yrs old, it is hard to see much of a future for him as a top fighter unless he can grow 3-4''.

Got to give credit to Stieglitz for coming out and taking the fight to him though. His game plan was clearly to out-throw Abraham and tie him up on the inside. Abraham looked like he didn't fancy it even before his eye went.

I think that's Abraham finished at world level. He was always too small for 168 in the first place and I'm surprised he actually managed to win a title at that weight.

One more fight to complete a trilogy with Stieglitz is a possibility but that's about it.

As for Haye, I think the obvious fight will be Povetkin.

Strange move for Khan to go to Boxnation. I thought he had kissed and made up with Sky. They don't need him anyway, they've got their plate full with Matchroom cards. Nobody wants to see Khan beating up a lightweight anyway.

I think that's Abraham finished at world level. He was always too small for 168 in the first place and I'm surprised he actually managed to win a title at that weight.

One more fight to complete a trilogy with Stieglitz is a possibility but that's about it.

As for Haye, I think the obvious fight will be Povetkin.

Strange move for Khan to go to Boxnation. I thought he had kissed and made up with Sky. They don't need him anyway, they've got their plate full with Matchroom cards. Nobody wants to see Khan beating up a lightweight anyway.

I'd rather there wasn't a matchroom deal with sky.

I can't stand warren but I like boxnation as a concept, no one off PPV charges, all the biggest matches on one channel so no need to pay for multiple packages, its just a shame its missing half of the biggest uk fights.

The coverage is also miles better than sky as it doesn't have adverts jammed into every fucking possible minute.

Abraham has been on the decline for a few years now. A rematch with Stieglitz seems to be his only viable option just now but I'm still hopeful we'll see him fight Sturm. Would have been a better fight when they both held titles at middleweight, but given how each fighter has declined it would still make for fun viewing.

I'd rather there wasn't a matchroom deal with sky.

I can't stand warren but I like boxnation as a concept, no one off PPV charges, all the biggest matches on one channel so no need to pay for multiple packages, its just a shame its missing half of the biggest uk fights.

The coverage is also miles better than sky as it doesn't have adverts jammed into every fucking possible minute.

Sky's coverage of boxing is fucking balls.

I hate the one promoter monopoly with Matchroom. I hated it when they done the same with Warren and I hate it just as much now.

Sky have 20 dates for boxing and 6 of them include Prizefighter :anguish:

Sky's coverage of boxing is fucking balls.

I hate the one promoter monopoly with Matchroom. I hated it when they done the same with Warren and I hate it just as much now.

Sky have 20 dates for boxing and 6 of them include Prizefighter :anguish:

I thought sky were going to give up on boxing a few years back, I wish they had...

Malinaggi is 8/1 to beat Broner

I'm having some of that and stuck £20 on him

Broner is good, but he's never been in with anyone who hits back at that level before

Paulie doesn't hit hard, but he's quick , is hard to catch and will outwork Broner

Broner only works for about 30 secs per round so I feel that he won't win enough rounds to get the decision

Malinaggi is 8/1 to beat Broner

I'm having some of that and stuck £20 on him

Broner is good, but he's never been in with anyone who hits back at that level before

Paulie doesn't hit hard, but he's quick , is hard to catch and will outwork Broner

Broner only works for about 30 secs per round so I feel that he won't win enough rounds to get the decision

There's a reason Malignaggi is a long-shot to win. He arguably lost to Cano in his last fight who is incredibly limited. Broner decision or late stoppage for me.

There's a reason Malignaggi is a long-shot to win. He arguably lost to Cano in his last fight who is incredibly limited. Broner decision or late stoppage for me.

The same could be said about broner with Ponce Deleon

I think it will be a 50/50 fight with mailnaggi taking it but the wide odds from the bookies are staggering to be honest

Malinaggi is never an 8/1 shot being a world champion and his opponent stepping up 2 weight levels for the first time

Crazy

Has anybody seen the video kicking about online of Broner at a strip club literally throwing money around?

He's quite entertaining but he needs to watch before he disappears up his own arse. He's just as cocky as Mayweather and he's got a lot less to back it up with.

I hope Malignaggi schools him. Might bring him back down to earth a bit.

The same could be said about broner with Ponce Deleon

I think it will be a 50/50 fight with mailnaggi taking it but the wide odds from the bookies are staggering to be honest

Malinaggi is never an 8/1 shot being a world champion and his opponent stepping up 2 weight levels for the first time

Crazy

Broner has improved since then while Malignaggi has declined.

The weight won't make much of a difference as Broner will probably weigh more than Malignaggi on fight night.