Boxing and MMA

I think Froch wins a decision this weekend. Should be a good fight.

i've a hunch Kessler might stop him. Something tells me Froch's ego is a little bigger than his talent right now and he might eat some sickening body shots. I'll be putting money on the 2 underdogs - Kessler & Chilemba, on the basis i think they are both better boxers than Froch & Bellew.

GGG is the most feared fighter out there just now

The US media still have the cold war mentality in not wanting to admit a fighter from the east is taking everyone apart

To be honest Mattysse has been more impressive and at a far higher level.

When GGG starts regularly ko'ing world class fighters then he'll deserve some hype. Right now he is looking good against average opp.

A feat achieved by many.

Well from the info we have available, since he has only stepped on the scale once in the last 7 years vs Ortiz, we know he's at least hitting 150, and in between fights, even staying in very good condition he's walking around about 160+. From now on he'll either be more or less maxing out the WW limit at 147 or 146 depending how much he dries out, or he'll be competing at Light-middleweight, probably weighing in around 152 like he did for Cotto - if he takes the Canelo fight as planned.

I think it's difficult to say what his natural walk about weight is as he is apparently in the gym all the time keeping himself in shape. But given the amount of junk food he eats who knows.

i've a hunch Kessler might stop him. Something tells me Froch's ego is a little bigger than his talent right now and he might eat some sickening body shots. I'll be putting money on the 2 underdogs - Kessler & Chilemba, on the basis i think they are both better boxers than Froch & Bellew.

I'm with you on Chilemba, but feel the the home advantage is going to play a big part in Froch getting a decision.

To be honest Mattysse has been more impressive and at a far higher level.

When GGG starts regularly ko'ing world class fighters then he'll deserve some hype. Right now he is looking good against average opp.

A feat achieved by many.

I would agree with you on both parts

You can only beat what's in front of you

But he's calling out Martinez and Canelo etc so he's ducking nobody

He's looking to fight the best but fighters are being kept away from this machine

Mayweather will be too good for matthyse , too good a chin and hard for matthyse not fighting at 147

Mayweather will be too good for matthyse , too good a chin and hard for matthyse not fighting at 147

He might be too good for him but it's impossible to say he has too good a chin. Mayweather was put down by Zab judah, busted up a bit by Cotto and hanging on from grim life against an ancient Mosley. Matthysse is the biggest puncher p4p in the sport who's won every fight by KO. And i presume you meant it would be hard for Matthysse to move to 147? I wouldn't at all, he's pretty big for 140, and rehydrates into the mid 150's which is what Mayweather weighs in the ring. No issue in Matthysse moving into 147.

He might be too good for him but it's impossible to say he has too good a chin. Mayweather was put down by Zab judah, busted up a bit by Cotto and hanging on from grim life against an ancient Mosley. Matthysse is the biggest puncher p4p in the sport who's won every fight by KO. And i presume you meant it would be hard for Matthysse to move to 147? I wouldn't at all, he's pretty big for 140, and rehydrates into the mid 150's which is what Mayweather weighs in the ring. No issue in Matthysse moving into 147.

Was meaning matthyse has not been punching guys at 147

He struggled to take out devon Alexander so it will be even harder with mayweather

Was meaning matthyse has not been punching guys at 147

He struggled to take out devon Alexander so it will be even harder with mayweather

perhaps, and Judah, but he hurt both badly and knocked out his other 32 opponents. I don't have any doubts he'll carry his power, or potentially improve his power at WW, it will give him the capacity to put on a few more lb of lean muscle.

Kind of agree here. I'd favour Chisora to out-work Audley but Chisora isn't as big a puncher as Price or Wilder.

Yup, audleys a joke figure to casual fans for suffering early ko's to price, wilder and haye, but the reality is most guys outwith the top 10 suffer the same fate vs those 3 huge punchers.

Audley v chisora is competitive. I wouldnt even mind him vs fury. Fury likely stops him but Audley might hang in long enough vs the lighter punching fury to get a big left home.... now that would be sweet!