Boxing and MMA

Can i just add to this thread the name of Jackie Marshall an amatuer lightweight champion of Scotland who cruelly at the age of 23 received brain damage as a result of his boxing career.Jackie was brought up in Plantation and of course was a blue nose.He also trained at Ibrox and was a great favourite with the Rangers players who all chipped in to buy Jackie a full royal blue boxing outfit to meet his next opponent a boxer called Flannagen at Parkead of all places.When Flannagen came out for the first round he made the sign of the cross in Jackies face.Enough said Jackie Knocked him out.

Every days a school day. Very sad to hear

Can i just add to this thread the name of Jackie Marshall an amatuer lightweight champion of Scotland who cruelly at the age of 23 received brain damage as a result of his boxing career.Jackie was brought up in Plantation and of course was a blue nose.He also trained at Ibrox and was a great favourite with the Rangers players who all chipped in to buy Jackie a full royal blue boxing outfit to meet his next opponent a boxer called Flannagen at Parkead of all places.When Flannagen came out for the first round he made the sign of the cross in Jackies face.Enough said Jackie Knocked him out.

Every days a school day. Very sad to hear

I don't really get the KO picks for Froch. Kessler's last two knockout wins have been just as impressive if not better than Froch's last two. Someone will probably get knocked out now that I've said that though.

Seen Eddie Hearn saying that if Froch wins he becomes an all-time great, that's just laughable.

Can't stand Froch, so I'm rooting for Kessler.

I don't really get the KO picks for Froch. Kessler's last two knockout wins have been just as impressive if not better than Froch's last two. Someone will probably get knocked out now that I've said that though.

Seen Eddie Hearn saying that if Froch wins he becomes an all-time great, that's just laughable.

Can't stand Froch, so I'm rooting for Kessler.

I watched kesslers win against green last night and green had him down in first round I think with a punch that wasn't all that great. And frock is much more powerful and Kessler isn't as good as he once was

All in all this fight will be epic IMO

Def got the makings of a great fight

I've stuck £100 on groves to beat this boy inside 7.5 rounds so if I get it up I'm firing £20 on the draw at 22/1

I've got a £10 treble on

Dortmund to beat bayern @ 7/2

Froch to beat Kessler @ 1/2

Hibs to beat Bheast FC @ 5/1

Think that's £480 back. My math ain't that great

Also got £2 on froch stopping Kessler in 7th round

For anyone not got box office

Radio 5 live are doing the coverage of the froch fight

I listened to the khan fight a few wks back and the coverage was brilliant .

You felt like you were in the crowd

Highly recommended if you can't see it

Funny you say that. The first fight between them I listened to it on 5 live as I was doing a back shift. Listened to a few fights on 5 live and can vouch that they are quite good

Funny you say that. The first fight between them I listened to it on 5 live as I was doing a back shift. Listened to a few fights on 5 live and can vouch that they are quite good

I didn't realise until the khan fight that they done that

It will sound cracking tonight in that atmosphere

Gutted I never got to this fight but It was over £250 by the time you pay your travel, hotel and ticket

A fight in London is just too expensive living up here

Manchester and Liverpool are so much cheaper

I watched kesslers win against green last night and green had him down in first round I think with a punch that wasn't all that great. And frock is much more powerful and Kessler isn't as good as he once was

All in all this fight will be epic IMO

I think too much is being made of that knockdown. I may well be proved wrong but I don't think it's as a big a deal as has been made out.

Kessler is more aggressive than he was three years ago, and he did buzz Froch the last time they fought.

Way I see it is that Froch has to take Kessler's jab away. If he does that he wins comfortably.

I didn't realise until the khan fight that they done that

It will sound cracking tonight in that atmosphere

Gutted I never got to this fight but It was over £250 by the time you pay your travel, hotel and ticket

A fight in London is just too expensive living up here

Manchester and Liverpool are so much cheaper

If London is dearer than Manchester then I defo couldn't afford it. I found the prices near the MEN arena @ the hatton fight expensive as fuck tbh

Aye I'll be doing that