Boxing and MMA

I think Groves' immediate reaction to the stoppage shows he was completely with it. Both men withstood flurries like that throughout the match and the referee wasn't concerned. At one point Groves had Froch against the ropes and was landing flush with every shot and he really DID have a free shot and inexplicably backed off. Referee wasn't concerned, because he watched what was happening and saw Groves back off. Never gave Groves the same chance.

Anyway, this puts Froch in a difficult position. Either he goes for Ward, loses and retires, and Groves can accuse him of ducking the rematch for the rest of their lives, or he goes for the rematch, maybe gets beat and never gets another shot at Ward.

Anyway, this puts Froch in a difficult position. Either he goes for Ward, loses and retires, and Groves can accuse him of ducking the rematch for the rest of their lives, or he goes for the rematch, maybe gets beat and never gets another shot at Ward.

Probably be best for everyone if he doesnt go for Ward. :lol:

I thought he was going to get knocked out.

Yeah, its not like groves had a good fight, he was well within a chance to KTFO froch early on.

But my by scorecard it was only a matter for time before a stoppage/KO an froch to win.

But big rep to groves for fighting like he did, future WC if he can keep up this level.

People need to take a step back here though and stop overreacting, this was nowhere near the level of bullshittery such as the dodgy pacman descisions .

Froch lost that fight.. How can anyone say otherwise..

They can say otherwise because he won it! Is it his fault the ref stopped it early? Froch always comes on strong in the later rounds and he would have KO'd groves sooner or later! Was it harsh on groves yes but he did take 4 solid shots without reply and was noticeably tiring!

I hate when people who clearly know nothing about boxing jump in with these ridiculous over reactions and silly statements!

Big respect to groves he won we over big time and completely shocked me (and froch it seems)....was total rocky 4 stuff with the crowd changing as the fight went on!

A rematch would be great but don't be surprised if golovkin comes into the fray next for either before any potential rematch!

She'd get it ..gutted for George am a froch fan but.. He lost his titles tonight..sick of the controversy in boxing

I think your wrong. Yes it was a bad stoppage but I seriously doubt Groves would of made it to the final bell. He was starting to take big shots and was looking tired. I think we can all agree that we would of like to seen what would of happened if the ref hadn't jumped in.

She'd get it ..gutted for George am a froch fan but.. He lost his titles tonight..sick of the controversy in boxing

Some bit of gear

To think Groves was the bad guy for telling the truth and believing in himself

Froch is the most arrogant cunt ever

He raves about the Bute fight

Who has Bute beat ? He was a bum

He got schooled by Ward (who had a broken hand), beaten by Kessler and got a decision against him as Kessler was finished

The Eddie Hearn & Sky sports Hype machine have made him this great champion

He's nowhere near it