Boxing and MMA

I think your wrong. Yes it was a bad stoppage but I seriously doubt Groves would of made it to the final bell. He was starting to take big shots and was looking tired. I think we can all agree that we would of like to seen what would of happened if the ref hadn't jumped in.

I agree with this.

I believe Froch was on his way to finishing the fight but that was not the moment.

Some bit of gear

To think Groves was the bad guy for telling the truth and believing in himself

Froch is the most arrogant cunt ever

He raves about the Bute fight

Who has Bute beat ? He was a bum

He got schooled by Ward (who had a broken hand), beaten by Kessler and got a decision against him as Kessler is finished

The Eddie Hearn & Sky sorts Hype machine have made him this great champion

He's nowhere near it

I like froch but your right he is an arrogant price. He has spat his dummy right out, froch says far more shit to opponents than Groves ever did to froch.

Some bit of gear

To think Groves was the bad guy for telling the truth and believing in himself

Froch is the most arrogant cunt ever

He raves about the Bute fight

Who has Bute beat ? He was a bum

He got schooled by Ward (who had a broken hand), beaten by Kessler and got a decision against him as Kessler was finished

The Eddie Hearn & Sky sports Hype machine have made him this great champion

He's nowhere near it

Right first off bute is a very good fighter....ward is pound for pound number 2 and a level above everyone....no disgrace in losing to him. He gets the hype because he is an exciting fighter (certainly not the best) and sells fights! Also I don't think any other British boxer (maybe anyone) could have got up after that ko from groves and dug deep and battled his way back into and then on top of the fight!

I agree with this.

I believe Froch was on his way to finishing the fight but that was not the moment.

That's what I'm annoyed at, the ref stopped what should of been an excellent finale to an intriguing fight.

I seriously think if Groves boxes smart in a rematch, if it ever gets made, he could beat froch. Groves lack of experience lost him this fight, he should of traded with froch. Would booth of had a better game plan for Groves? Probably! I doubt he would of wanted him going toe to toe.

Right first off bute is a very good fighter....ward is pound for pound number 2 and a level above everyone....no disgrace in losing to him. He gets the hype because he is an exciting fighter (certainly not the best) and sells fights! Also I don't think any other British boxer (maybe anyone) could have got up after that ko from groves and dug deep and battled his way back into and then on top of the fight!

Khan? :lol:

That's what I'm annoyed at, the ref stopped what should of been an excellent finale to an intriguing fight.

I seriously think if Groves boxes smart in a rematch, if it ever gets made, he could beat froch. Groves lack of experience lost him this fight, he should of traded with froch. Would booth of had a better game plan for Groves? Probably! I doubt he would of wanted him going toe to toe.

I think that was a mixture of tiredness and frustration....he had hit froch with everything yet he was still standing! He started dropping his guard in the 7th and trading blows instead of using his jab and countering....I think we can all agree the stoppage was premature but I am convinced froch would have got a KO sooner rather than later as groves was spent....

I like froch but your right he is an arrogant price. He has spat his dummy right out, froch says far more shit to opponents than Groves ever did to froch.

Your right mate

Neutrals like myself would have had much more respect if Froch said it like it was at the end

Just say George fought a great fight. , he was still being a smarmy cunt

They can say otherwise because he won it! Is it his fault the ref stopped it early? Froch always comes on strong in the later rounds and he would have KO'd groves sooner or later! Was it harsh on groves yes but he did take 4 solid shots without reply and was noticeably tiring!

I hate when people who clearly know nothing about boxing jump in with these ridiculous over reactions and silly statements!

Big respect to groves he won we over big time and completely shocked me (and froch it seems)....was total rocky 4 stuff with the crowd changing as the fight went on!

A rematch would be great but don't be surprised if golovkin comes into the fray next for either before any potential rematch!

George came out the winner of this fight...Do I think froch will give him his rematch no I don't. He was given a real shown up tonight and I believe he would've went on to win.. If the ref didn't stop it.

Name one fighter Bute has beaten that above average?

He nearly got knocked out by a journeyman the fight before Froch

The guy knocked him down and he was all over the place and the ref gave a count of 15 seconds

He was terrible

George came out the winner of this fight...Do I think froch will give him his rematch no I don't. He was given a real shown up tonight and I believe he would've went on to win.. If the ref didn't stop it.

Reading into what Rob McCracken has said at the end , it spells retirement

He knows Froch is more or less finished if Groves gets him again

Froch is ageing and Groves will only get stronger

I agree to an extent but I think you are getting caught up in the emotion of it in the immediate aftermath.....when you watch that KO froch got up from and the way he took everything groves had he broke him....groves noticeably tired on the 7th and he would have got a KO as he always comes on strong in fights.....no doubt it was a premature stoppage but I think folk are being unfair to froch and it's disappointing we didn't get to see a definitive end....I'm not convinced there will be a rematch either but hopefully there is!

Name one fighter Bute has beaten that above average?

He nearly got knocked out by a journeyman the fight before Froch

The guy knocked him down and he was all over the place and the ref gave a count of 15 seconds

He was terrible

I'm not saying he is spectacular but he is a top level boxer who has only lost once and has thought a good few current and former champions....the fight with pascal will tell you slit about him though to be fair....

The controversy about the stoppage will cover up the shocking scorecards. What were the judges watching. It stinks to the hills if you ask me.

Was just saying that to my mate earlier

Imagine it went to the end and they gave it to Froch on points

The controversy about the stoppage will cover up the shocking scorecards. What were the judges watching. It stinks to the hills if you ask me.

Well I will agree with you there....for two judges to only have it by one was a joke albeit I'm not sure if they are including the 9th in that as a 10/8 round but even then groves with a KD in the 1st should have been further ahead!

I think if Groves had Booth in his corner then we wouldn't be talking about the controversy

After 7 rounds groves had him on toast and he started being cocky and was being the macho leaving his chin out

Booth would have made him jab and get away rather than being pulled into a scrap

My hats the only way Froch was winning that fight if it got ugly

Was just saying that to my mate earlier

Imagine it went to the end and they gave it to Froch on points

Was at the last two burns fights were he got a draw on both occasions. When he was out boxed. If Eddie loses his champions. He doesn't have anything as a promoter.