Boxing and MMA

Pac v Bradley was an odd one. I was expecting it to be pretty lopsided looking at the scores, but watched it there and it was closer than the cards suggest. Not

what was Bradley thinking though? Tactics all wrong and didn't change them. He only needed to swing rounds a little bit and it he is winning them.

I thought the first 6 rounds were pretty close and Bradley was doing well, boxing and working well to the body, then he just seemed to neglect all that and look for one big shot.

Pac v Bradley was an odd one. I was expecting it to be pretty lopsided looking at the scores, but watched it there and it was closer than the cards suggest. Not

what was Bradley thinking though? Tactics all wrong and didn't change them. He only needed to swing rounds a little bit and it he is winning them.

He fought better in this one than the last one.

As said I can't understand why he did what he did. It doesn't make any sense, even then he wasn't getting totally outboxed by Pacquiao and didn't need to to do too much more in rounds 6-12 to be in them... but he chose not to.

I'm unconvinced by Pacquiao last night. Obviously he hasn't became rubbish, and is still a top fighter, but I don't so much think he won that as Bradley just handed it to him.

I came away thinking the same. I'm certainly not buying all the talk of Manny being "back".

Too much is made of power. Sure it's important, but a lesser punch that is timed perfectly is every bit as devastating.

Mayweather isn't feather fisted, although not a massive puncher. However few in the history of the sport have better timing than him.

I don't know how much more Pacquiao has left. I can't think of a fighter at Pacquiao's career stage suffer a KO like he did, and it not take a lot out of them. We aren't talking about a dazed type knock out (ala Lewis v Rahman), but actually unconscious.

Yeah I know what you mean, just not seen Floyd really look like putting someone away recently, it's always been clever or points.

That's why I think it's still the biggest most intriguing fight out there, floyds defence and timing versus pac's workmate and come forward style, don't think either would get knocked out but would be very interesting

When Floyd moved up to 147 he became safety first and focused much more on his defence. For that reason I doubt we see him knock anyone out in the remaining four fights of his career. Well, actually, he may KO Khan if he really wants to.

Thing is with Floyd, when you watch him have his own way with fighters, you get the impression that he could knock them out, but he chooses not to. The Floyd of 130/135 was a beast.

When Floyd moved up to 147 he became safety first and focused much more on his defence. For that reason I doubt we see him knock anyone out in the remaining four fights of his career. Well, actually, he may KO Khan if he really wants to.

Thing is with Floyd, when you watch him have his own way with fighters, you get the impression that he could knock them out, but he chooses not to. The Floyd of 130/135 was a beast.

This. At 147 he is one of the most risk-averse boxers I have ever seen. He outboxes people with so much ease and always seems to have more energy than them in the latter rounds. I have no doubt that if he really wanted to, he could step up a gear in the later rounds and go for a TKO.

He's the greatest boxer ever.

People who talk about his lack of power forget what he did to Hatton at 147. You don't need awesome power to knock a man out if you have timing (and a helping of luck). Floyd has the best timing in the world. You don't need to be George Foreman to knock out a fighter if you land cleanly enough. Nobody rated Marquez as having one-punch power either and look what he did to Manny. He has been knocked out three times, let's not forget.

People who talk about his lack of power forget what he did to Hatton at 147. You don't need awesome power to knock a man out if you have timing (and a helping of luck). Floyd has the best timing in the world. You don't need to be George Foreman to knock out a fighter if you land cleanly enough. Nobody rated Marquez as having one-punch power either and look what he did to Manny. He has been knocked out three times, let's not forget.

Look at this Knockout, it was where he hit him, not even a clean shot.