Boxing and MMA

I see defeat taught Broner some humility and class...................

Out with only the bitterest ones that have worn the green and grey, I struggle to think of a less likable person, for me, in sport.

An absolute cock of a man, whom it annoys me is successful. If there was a god, he wouldn't be a multi-millionaire.

As a boxer he looked pretty classy in the second half of the fight, and no denying he has skills. But...... with how obnoxious he is, I could never be a fan.

That's the big difference between Broner and Mayweather. Mayweather plays the obnoxious villian, but A) can back it up, and B) Respects the game of boxing and everyone who climbs through the ropes. Sure Mayweathers made mistakes with his antics, and truth be told is a bit of a cock. However Broner is just a total cock, and few interviews I've seen with him make me change that opinion.

This 100%. Broner does have the skills to do well but loves the limelight more than the respect he will get from the Boxing community and what being at the top of the game brings with it. It will be his downfall (If it already hasn't after being a taught a lesson from Maidana) but he won't learn. Mayweather has the trash talk but can back it up and has been there and done it and he does it in a more respectful manner nowadays whereas Broner is all mouth and no walk and completely disrespectful which will bite him in the arse again.

There's a kind of child-like naivety in the way he says it. What a moron.

He reminds me of all the negatives about Bodie from The Wire. None of the good traits that made you grow to love Bodie though.

Talented fighter, his defeat to Maidana seems to have done nothing to humble him though as much as he tries to say it did. Most boxers are complete cunts in the run up to fights. Only the true wankers of the sport are as cunty in the aftermath of one.

Looking online there are actually people who think Maidana won that. I scored it 117-113 to Floyd, and that's without deducting any points for the rabbit punches, low blows and that fucking muay thai knee :lol:

Mayweather landed more punches while throwing about half as many, and he was hitting Maidana flush, not on the top of his head or glancing off his arms onto his ribs. I'm not sure where this idea that being "busier" means you win the fight, especially if you don't have the conditioning to be wasteful for 12 rounds and still stay fresh. Mayweather landed cleanly all night and hit him with loads of clean, hard counter-punches in the late rounds because Maidana was tired and flailing. That's not how you win a boxing match.

He reminds me of all the negatives about Bodie from The Wire. None of the good traits that made you grow to love Bodie though.

Talented fighter, his defeat to Maidana seems to have done nothing to humble him though as much as he tries to say it did. Most boxers are complete cunts in the run up to fights. Only the true wankers of the sport are as cunty in the aftermath of one.

:lol: Well put.

I don't think I've ever changed my opinion on a character as much as I did with Bodie.

This 100%. Broner does have the skills to do well but loves the limelight more than the respect he will get from the Boxing community and what being at the top of the game brings with it. It will be his downfall (If it already hasn't after being a taught a lesson from Maidana) but he won't learn. Mayweather has the trash talk but can back it up and has been there and done it and he does it in a more respectful manner nowadays whereas Broner is all mouth and no walk and completely disrespectful which will bite him in the arse again.

Mayweather has calmed down a bit with the trashtalk because he simply doesn't need to do it anymore. He's seen as one of the greatest of all time(he is the GOAT IMO) and so he's getting paid as much right now as he ever will. No need to try and get more viewers by creating drama that may distract his focus.

Mayweather has calmed down a bit with the trashtalk because he simply doesn't need to do it anymore. He's seen as one of the greatest of all time(he is the GOAT IMO) and so he's getting paid as much right now as he ever will. No need to try and get more viewers by creating drama that may distract his focus.

The footage I've saw and the stories people tell , mayweather wasn't on the same level as S R Robinson

Looking online there are actually people who think Maidana won that. I scored it 117-113 to Floyd, and that's without deducting any points for the rabbit punches, low blows and that fucking muay thai knee :lol:

Mayweather landed more punches while throwing about half as many, and he was hitting Maidana flush, not on the top of his head or glancing off his arms onto his ribs. I'm not sure where this idea that being "busier" means you win the fight, especially if you don't have the conditioning to be wasteful for 12 rounds and still stay fresh. Mayweather landed cleanly all night and hit him with loads of clean, hard counter-punches in the late rounds because Maidana was tired and flailing. That's not how you win a boxing match.

I had this argument with my brother in law. He was adamant Maidana was all over Mayweather but you seen from the fight, Maidana threw at least 4 times as many punches as he landed. I read Mayweather landed over 50% of punches thrown. The guy is a genius. A terrific boxer. It can be boring to watch if you don't appreciate the art of boxing as he ducks/dives/jabs his way to wins, but I'll be sad when he retires.

Hopefully fights v Danny Garcia & Pacquaio happen before he does and he doesn't choose to end his career against Hopkins or someone else who won't challenge him.

The footage I've saw and the stories people tell , mayweather wasn't on the same level as S R Robinson

A phenomenal fighter but I hold him solely responsible for starting the whole 'entourage' to the ring thing which led to last night's debacle with Lil Wayne rapping(can I call it that?) his way onto the stage and Justin Bieber awkwardly repeatedly fixing his hat and fake smiling.

I had this argument with my brother in law. He was adamant Maidana was all over Mayweather but you seen from the fight, Maidana threw at least 4 times as many punches as he landed. I read Mayweather landed over 50% of punches thrown. The guy is a genius. A terrific boxer. It can be boring to watch if you don't appreciate the art of boxing as he ducks/dives/jabs his way to wins, but I'll be sad when he retires.

Hopefully fights v Danny Garcia & Pacquaio happen before he does and he doesn't choose to end his career against Hopkins or someone else who won't challenge him.

Show this to your brother in law. Mayweather's accuracy is absurd. And this is boxing, not street-fighting.

Bmxiuv0IgAApvk6.jpg

Show this to your brother in law. Mayweather's accuracy is absurd. And this is boxing, not street-fighting.

Bmxiuv0IgAApvk6.jpg

65% power punches landed. Crazy. He is just so good. His defence is impregnable. Watching the fight, I'd definitely have said that Maidana gave him a decent fight - moreso than some of his recent opponents that's for sure then you look at those stats and you know he won with relative ease. Maidana's power totally negated. Awesome.

65% power punches landed. Crazy. He is just so good. His defence is impregnable. Watching the fight, I'd definitely have said that Maidana gave him a decent fight - moreso than some of his recent opponents that's for sure then you look at those stats and you know he won with relative ease. Maidana's power totally negated. Awesome.

Maidana landed more punches against him than anybody else ever has but he never had him hurt and he didn't win enough rounds, especially towards the end where his tactics tired him out. It's as simple as that. He didn't somehow deserve to win because he was busier. He arguably lost for that reason. You can't gain 20 pounds after the weigh-in, wear yourself out through throwing flurries for 8 rounds, fail to get a KO and then cry when you get outboxed by the best technician on the planet.

Ok, some thoughts:

Thought Khan looked good last night; was a must win fight on a big stage and he delivered. Sure Collazo is older than when Hatton fought him, but very few fighters really dominate him like that. Didn't like Khan's holding, but if the referee isn't going to stop him then he's within his right to keep doing it if it's working for him. Would like to see him have another fight at 147 before securing the Floyd fight.

Mayweather won in my eyes (116-112 is what I had), but it wasn't one of his better nights. Needed to use his legs more than he did, but credit to Maidana for not letting him and making it a competitive fight.

For the most part, I felt Floyd landed the cleaner and better punches all night with Maidana working more and looking busy. And even when Maidana had him trapped on the ropes, Floyd gave as good as he got when on the inside - such an underrated facet of his game. Easy to forget how comfortable Floyd is on the inside.

I can see how some had the fight a draw and don't have a problem with it, but I can't make a case for Maidana winning.

And I don't think Floyd even enters the discussion as GOAT. He'll certainly go down in history as one of the best, but doesn't come close to being THE best.

Anyone got any idea when the tickets for burns next fight go on sale I know there is a press conference on wed.. will it likely be after that

No they'll probably start selling them before the date or opponent is announced (tu)

I would love to see him fight Pacquiao but doubt it will happen anytime soon and IF it was to happen it would be Mayweather's final fight before retiring plus I just don't see them agreeing the share of the money for the fight and the fact Pacquiao is a Top Rank fighter and Mayweather a Golden Boy/Mayweather promotions fighter and both camps don't see eye to eye over setting up fights. As for him fighting Danny Garcia there is rumours floating around that he might but I don't think Garcia will stand a chance against Mayweather and it will be another completely one sided fight much like the ones against Canelo Alvarez and Robert Guerrero. Garcia needs to fight a few more top welterweight division fighters first before facing Floyd as he was lucky to even beat Herrera in Puerto Rico and I think if he was to fight Amir Khan again that Khan would beat him. I think Khan would give Floyd the best match-up out of anyone in the division so far that is in line to fight him but I just don't see Floyd losing anytime soon.

The good technical boxers like devon Alexander & Amir Khan showed how you can beat Maidana

Styles make fights and I really think khan would give mayweather problems and a big fight.

I think mayweather knows this!

Khan looked awesome at 147 and was his fittest looking going into the late rounds!

Really hoping broner and manny P get it on.

Manny would destroy that piece of garbage