Boxing and MMA

Being at fight weight early can be an indication of illness, or over training.

I'd be surprised if Froch is currently under 168lbs.

Boxers generally want to take some weight into the ring, and will dehydrate a bit for the weigh in. If Froch is at weight just now, he maybe giving away half a stone on fight night.

Both fighters will have experts advising them though. It's hard to say how positive/negative it is. Weight is more an issue in the lighter classes, it becomes less so as you go up the weights.

Froch is a natural at the weight limit and generally is only a few pounds over even when he's not training....there's and interesting article here about the weight issues and how it could impact groves in particular; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2638751/Carl-Froch-vs-George-Groves-weigh-set-place-Friday.html

Froch is a natural at the weight limit and generally is only a few pounds over even when he's not training....there's and interesting article here about the weight issues and how it could impact groves in particular; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2638751/Carl-Froch-vs-George-Groves-weigh-set-place-Friday.html

That'll be the article I read earlier before posting the above :D

I'd say Groves, if he has any sort of advisors, will of preparing for 12 rounds. Being under Adam Booth for a long time, Groves will of learned plenty about the science behind it all.

Both fighters know what they are doing, both are nothing like new to SMW.

As long as his ego doesn't get in the way and he doesn't get greedy then groves will have a real chance if he has prepared for 12 rounds....I'd still seriously question whether or not he can stand up to froch if he get a prolonged period of success! Can't wait to find out!

Froch is 6 months older than last fight and nearing his forties

That fight would in my opinion have taken a lot out him

I think his time has gone and groves will punish him for 12 rounds

Groves is too quick, too strong and too intelligent to get into another tear up which Froch needs!

Froch is 6 months older than last fight and nearing his forties

That fight would in my opinion have taken a lot out him

I think his time has gone and groves will punish him for 12 rounds

Groves is too quick, too strong and too intelligent to get into another tear up which Froch needs!

Tell that to Bernard Hopkins mate......

I'm not sure groves is as intelligent as he'd like us all to believe.....I think sooner or later he will get dragged into a dogfight and I don't think hel survive.

I'm not sure groves is as intelligent as he'd like us all to believe.....I think sooner or later he will get dragged into a dogfight and I don't think hel survive.

If he was intelligent he wouldn't have gone for the knockout when he had a decent lead in the last fight. Deciding to trade all night was moronic.

If he was intelligent he wouldn't have gone for the knockout when he had a decent lead in the last fight. Deciding to trade all night was moronic.

Having never boxed its hard to judge what goes through your mind in that position but your right had he simply boxed and moved, the fight was his but in the 6th he dropped his hands and started trading which gave froch his chance......I hate bellew but he made a good point tonight that it almost seemed like groves lost a bit of confidence after throwing everything at groves and he was still standing......

Having never boxed its hard to judge what goes through your mind in that position but your right had he simply boxed and moved, the fight was his but in the 6th he dropped his hands and started trading which gave froch his chance......I hate bellew but he made a good point tonight that it almost seemed like groves lost a bit of confidence after throwing everything at groves and he was still standing......

I didn't blame him at first, he had Froch bewildered with his aggression at first and, let's face it, they don't like each other and the temptation to batter him must have been overwhelming, but once Froch started taking over in those exchanges, it just became frustrating to watch Groves keep coming forward. One of those things where you're screaming at the TV because you can't understand how anybody can be so stupid :P

The worst thing is, if he had boxed and moved in the later rounds and taken even a narrow decision, it would have been a more impressive victory than if he had just sparked him, because he would have shown he could do it all, knocking him down AND outpointing him, and Froch wouldn't have been able to claim he had lost to a lucky punch. Sometimes the knockout isn't the only way to glory.

That's why I'm saying it now

I think he's intelligent enough to know he was destroying Froch before he started to trade from round 7

He will know if he stuck to the way he boxed for the first 6 rounds then Froch won't get near him

Froch can only fight one way

Groves on points....easily

I imagine cormier will be getting gustavsson next then Jones if he wins.

TJ was unreal his movement was superb and just destroyed one of the best. Barao needs to move up a weight though, if he fights aldo then so be it.

Can see Lawler knocking out Brown tbh. Brown loves coming forward and Lawler is a great counter puncher and with his power I can only see it ending one way

I imagine cormier will be getting gustavsson next then Jones if he wins.

TJ was unreal his movement was superb and just destroyed one of the best. Barao needs to move up a weight though, if he fights aldo then so be it.

Can see Lawler knocking out Brown tbh. Brown loves coming forward and Lawler is a great counter puncher and with his power I can only see it ending one way

it should be a great fight