Boxing and MMA

6 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Born a blue nose.

The public would claim that he hadn't been tested but one of us could film him with a pair of gloves on getting belted in the face with dog leads etc and that would sell the fight. We could run a bus down to support him.

Book me in mate. :D

I've thought from his 4th or 5th fight that Joshua looked the real deal. Again nothing I've seen tonight has changed that opinion. 

He moves well, technically he is sound and he has serious power. Against Whyte we did see his composure and discipline going a bit, and whilst that was a grudge match, it's the only real chink I've seen in his armour. If he keeps with the controlled aggression in the ring, he really looks like a top drawer heavyweight.

TBH, any heavyweight who is big, technically sound, and has power is always going to have a real chance of developing into a top fighter. 

Whyte did land a good shot on his chin and it hurt him, but he's a heavyweight boxer.... he will get hit from time to time, it's one of the hazards of the job. He took a punch, it rattled him, but he came strong. Despite that, I still would like to see him in real trouble to see how he adapts and comes through.

TBH, I'd probably pick him over any current fighter. I don't think he is unbeatable, but there is nobody I wouldn't favour him against just now.  He is at least 60/40 against everyone for me.

I wouldn't get carried away with that. I'm as delighted for the big man as the next guy, but tonight hasn't taught us anything new. I actually started to buy into the matchroom hype, only really done my homework on Martin this morning and he is absolutely awful. In fact tonight he proved he's even worse than I thought he was. His defence is horrific, all he has is a solid counter left. Legit nothing else. Dillian Whyte would beat him. 

Joshua's jab is poor, and for a 6'5 heavyweight that's a serious handicap. Fighters like Fury and Klitchko go a long way to winning just by out jabbing him , even Haye and Ortiz (the real danger man in the division imo, but that's another topic) when their in range. He also fight with his chin up in the air, and its a suspect chin at that. A more composed, rounded fighter or even just a good quality finisher would have got him out of there in the Whyte fight. 

In 3 points;  1)Delighted for him. 2) really, in terms of how good he is and what we know about him - it's as you were, but I'm not stupid enough to suggest that he can't grow into a top notch fighter. And 3) for me at least, Fury schools him, Haye and Ortiz chin him. 

On 4/8/2016 at 5:30 PM, Yata said:

I'm sick of Framptons camp, all the shit they pulled before the quiqq fight seemed childish and desperate. So glad Frampton has been shown up here but disapointed we aren't getting the super-fight everyone wanted. This fight would have been brilliant

No money in it. High risk fight with no money in it. It is never going to happen if that is the case. 

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

had a laugh at martin trying to kid on that he actually wanted to beat the 2nd count and continue. As the refs hands were counting in his face you could almost see him saying to himself  "do i really want to get up for a bit more of this?.....no thanks"

He should have made a proper fight of it and got up and carried on. Just because he got very well paid, he decided he wanted none of Joshua. Go out with some pride.

17 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

He's no Tyson, id love to see why a prime Mike would do to Joshua. Even Lewis

talking about Tyson's check out what Fury is saying :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/36038621

Looks fat as fuck

I think (a future) Joshua would beat Tyson. Lewis would destroy him with that jab.