Boxing and MMA

Just now, sausagetrunks said:

i dont think cruz will give him the rematch in Belfast. 

I was under the impression that tonights fight was part of a 'best of three' (simply due to numbers involved). I stand corrected on this though.

As for tonight,  I thought Frampton was very 'one dimensional'. There didn't seem to be any alternate plan in place and it was as though he was banking on luck to change things around.

Wasn't the fight I was expecting. Strange one.

1 hour ago, sausagetrunks said:

I think Cruz will not keep his word, i think he will hold onto his belt and go back to his backyard with it. 

Cruz comes across as a decent guy, I'd be surprised if he didn't give Carl a 3rd, plus I think money will dictate it will happen anyway. 

Carl very gracious in defeat, saying the better man won, which he did. 

Be surprised if it's anywhere but in the States, though ...

The problem with scoring a fight like that is the volume puncher usually gets the initiative, as they are often seen as being more effective even though the majority of the strikes were hitting gloves and arms. I wouldn't have been surprised if the decision went either way, it's really up to the judges preference. 

52 minutes ago, Da Kool Blue said:

The problem with scoring a fight like that is the volume puncher usually gets the initiative, as they are often seen as being more effective even though the majority of the strikes were hitting gloves and arms. I wouldn't have been surprised if the decision went either way, it's really up to the judges preference. 

Yeah judges will normally always favour he who dares to throw

That's the problem with counter punchers (I don't know if Frampton is never watched him) but you see split decisions all the time and the one who looked more positive usually gets it 

That Cerrone fight should never have went to the second, the guy was clearly in another world. If the ref doesn't stop it, then the UFC coaches need to drop the tough guy BS  and learn to throw in the towel for the sake of their fighter. Not surprised with the Shevchenko win, she showed that you are starting to need more than just one dimension to your fighting, you need to be training in all aspects. 

59 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Would be very surprised if it was in Mexico considering he's not fought there in over 5 years.

Cruz said he would fight him in Belfast, he should keep his word but i think he'll bitch out, Frampton has traveled 3 times, once to Quigg and twice for Cruz. I dont think Cruz travels to well, all he did was cry about the crowd in New york. He cant say there is not enough money in Belfast, Windsor will be sold out 30 thousand and on PPV. 

Imo Cruz will not fancy it and go back to cherry picking. 

1 hour ago, Vanoli said:

Santa Cruz by 4. He told Frampton what he was going to do, Frampton thought he could do the exact same again and win. At this level of you stand still and don't adapt that's what happens.  

The first two rounds in this fight was the key for me, Cruz loses them, he has to come on to framptons counter punch. Frampton lost them and cruz stayed behind the jab. There was rounds being lost in the last 10 seconds, it was that close, also i think shane was poor in his corner.