Boxing and MMA

I really hope the Primetime viewing figures get released after the Khan fight. If they are embarrassingly low then they'll probably never get out but I'd love it if they did.

Also, the sun seems to be trying their best to ruin David Haye's preperations for the Klitschko fight. They keep reporting that he's shagging some bird from x factor in Vegas when he's supposed to be training in Miami.

I don't know if this is true or not but I cant imagine Haye leaving a training camp for the biggest fight of his life just to do something like this.

If it is true then he really is an idiot.

I thought Haye was married or hada serious relationship??

Why go to Vegas, last time I checked, there were plenty of stunning sluts kicking around in Miami!! A Much higher quality than in Vegas too!

Full card for saturdays fight

Craig Watson v Lee Purdy - British Welterweight Title

Rendell Munroe v Andrei Isaeu - WBA International S-Bantam Title

Martin Murray v Anderson Carvalho - WBA Int Middleweight

Gary Buckland v Oscar Chacin - 8x3 S-Featherweight

Dezzie Higginson v Andy Murray - 8x3 Lightweight

Jamie Kavanagh v Sid Razak - 6x3 Lightweight

Rich Towers v Raman Sukhaterin - 6x3 Heavyweight

Tasif Khan v Pavel Senkovs - 4x3 S-Bantam

Adam Little v Cassius Connor - 4x3 Welter

Kid Galahad v Dai Davies - 4x3 S-Bantam

Munroe, Martin Murray, Watson and Purdy of note. not worth it tbh

According to Mccloskey's promoter Eddie Hearn he expected the fight with Khan to have 700,000 viewers if it was on ss3, 100,000 if it was on box office but now that it's on primetime he said he doubts the fight will even get 5,000 buys.

http://www.boxingscene.com/team-mccloskey-khan-made-big-mistake-ppv-bombs--38032

According to Mccloskey's promoter Eddie Hearn he expected the fight with Khan to have 700,000 viewers if it was on ss3, 100,000 if it was on box office but now that it's on primetime he said he doubts the fight will even get 5,000 buys.

http://www.boxingscene.com/team-mccloskey-khan-made-big-mistake-ppv-bombs--38032

Sounds about right. PPV should be reserved for the cream. The sport has been marginalised enough.

I actually like Khan but this is a dick move on his peoples part, and I hope it Bombs big time. If you want to watch get a stream. Principle. Buying shit only encourages shit.

When's the pacman's next fight? Has there been any news on him fighting mayweather or is that a complete non-starter?

He is fighting shane mosley next month I think, it is soon anyway.

Mayweather wont fight him. Shitting it!

That undercard is laughable. Khan should have seen the bigger picture. A unification with Bradley could have done 250,000+ buys in the UK and made him a ton but not now. Silly boy.

That fight will happen.

MMA fighter Nick Diaz signed to fight Fernando Vargas or Ricardo Mayorga in a Boxing match.

Nick Diaz is actually a good boxer and trains with Andre Ward.

I don't know much about Vargas or Mayorga tho.

Best days are behind them but they have both been in there with the very best including De La Hoya, Mosley, Trinidad, Forrest and Cotto.

Nick's a very good boxer but they'll both be stern tests. Vargas would be easier though.

Best days are behind them but they have both been in there with the very best including De La Hoya, Mosley, Trinidad, Forrest and Cotto.

Nick's a very good boxer but they'll both be stern tests. Vargas would be easier though.

Jeff Lacy has just popped up aswell.

Its between those 3.

Do you think he could beat any of them ?

Boxing is a whole different game and I could see him getting schooled.

Jeff Lacy has just popped up aswell.

Its between those 3.

Do you think he could beat any of them ?

Boxing is a whole different game and I could see him getting schooled.

Mayorga is not quite finished yet but definitely not at his peak. A fight with him would be a war though because Mayorga's style is to just come forward and swing hooks all night long. If Diaz wants to bang then a fight between these two wouldn't last long.

Fernando Vargas was at his peak 10 years ago when he fought Oscar De La Hoya. His last fight was a loss to Mayorga in 2007 when he was seriously overweight.

Jeff Lacy was, at one point, the future of American boxing until he got beat by Joe Calzaghe in 2006. Since then he's been a different fighter and in his last fight he got beat by an absolute nobody who only had 23 wins from 49 fight. He is probably the most technically skilled boxer of the 3 of them though.

These days Diaz is capable of beating all three because he has the power to knock them out and they are all well past their best, but at their peak he wouldn't have had a chance against any of them.

Vargas would definitely be the easiest fight to take but I think he should go for Mayorga and have a war.

He is fighting shane mosley next month I think, it is soon anyway.

Mayweather wont fight him. Shitting it!

TBH mate, Mayweather would pummel pacman imo, if you look at his last 5 fights, they were all way past their best, de la hoya was way past it, Hattons chin deserted him, cotto was never the same after margarito battered him from pillar to post. Clottey was a punch bag and well the margarito fight was good but again at a catchweight same as cotto fight. And now hes fighting mosley whos not fought since the mayweather fight, I don't think mayweather is completley at fault, takes 2 make a fight, I believe it will happen eventually.

TBH mate, Mayweather would pummel pacman imo, if you look at his last 5 fights, they were all way past their best, de la hoya was way past it, Hattons chin deserted him, cotto was never the same after margarito battered him from pillar to post. Clottey was a punch bag and well the margarito fight was good but again at a catchweight same as cotto fight. And now hes fighting mosley whos not fought since the mayweather fight, I don't think mayweather is completley at fault, takes 2 make a fight, I believe it will happen eventually.

We are goingto have to agree to disagree mate!

For the record, I also think that PBF would win but he is the 1 refusing the fight, Pacman even agreed to the blood testing then mayweather changed his mind and wanted more tests closer to the fight.

Mayweather is more scared of losing his unbeaten record than he is of Pacman, he aint fought in ages!

The money they would both make would be incredible and it is going to be the worst decision boxing never makes if they never fight each other.

Roach and Pacman have called out mayweather loads of times and there has been nothing in response.

No doubt there are problems with top rank and golden boy but if both fighters wanted it, it would happen.

I believe Pacman wants it, but not so sure about mayweather.

We are goingto have to agree to disagree mate!

For the record, I also think that PBF would win but he is the 1 refusing the fight, Pacman even agreed to the blood testing then mayweather changed his mind and wanted more tests closer to the fight.

Mayweather is more scared of losing his unbeaten record than he is of Pacman, he aint fought in ages!

The money they would both make would be incredible and it is going to be the worst decision boxing never makes if they never fight each other.

Roach and Pacman have called out mayweather loads of times and there has been nothing in response.

No doubt there are problems with top rank and golden boy but if both fighters wanted it, it would happen.

I believe Pacman wants it, but not so sure about mayweather.

With regards to drugs tests, When they first started negotiations PBF asked for 14 days which pacman said 28 days, then 2nd round after cotto fight PBF asked random, but pacman said 14 days, my point being pacman could've agreed 1st time around. But I don't think pacmans on anything tbh. If Roger says he is because of the weight he started then he's got a cheek, because guess what weight PBF started in amatuer? Flyweight. A lot of people forget that or dnt know that. They need to get it on man, its so frustrating. :anguish:

I was on Mayweather's side to start with, then I wasnt so sure, but now I'm back on Mayweather's side.

Here's the deal, and Mayweather has said it many time, If Pacquiao takes the test then the fight is on. Mayweather wants it and that's all it takes. Forget about him demanding $100m. That's bullshit from Arum. Only one thing is stopping this fight and that is Pacquiao not taking a drug test.

If Pacquiao wants it as bad as he says he does then surely his response to Mayweather asking for a drugs test should have been 'Deal, now sign the contract'. Simple as that. There is no excuse not to take a drug test.

Does anybody honestly believe he's letting the biggest fight in history and a guaranteed $50m pass him by because he doesn't want to have a standard blood test the day before a fight?

Instead he has decided to go after Mayweathers sloppy seconds. It just doesn't add up.

Pacquiaos camp will say things like 'Mayweathers demands are crazy. Who does he think he is?'. Trying to make out that Mayweather is playing god. Mayweather has one condition and one condition only, that both of them take the test. There's nothing crazy or inappropriate about that and if things stay the same then history will show that Pacquiao was the reason the fight never happened.

I was on Mayweather's side to start with, then I wasnt so sure, but now I'm back on Mayweather's side.

Here's the deal, and Mayweather has said it many time, If Pacquiao takes the test then the fight is on. Mayweather wants it and that's all it takes. Forget about him demanding $100m. That's bullshit from Arum. Only one thing is stopping this fight and that is Pacquiao not taking a drug test.

If Pacquiao wants it as bad as he says he does then surely his response to Mayweather asking for a drugs test should have been 'Deal, now sign the contract'. Simple as that. There is no excuse not to take a drug test.

Does anybody honestly believe he's letting the biggest fight in history and a guaranteed $50m pass him by because he doesn't want to have a standard blood test the day before a fight?

Instead he has decided to go after Mayweathers sloppy seconds. It just doesn't add up.

Pacquiaos camp will say things like 'Mayweathers demands are crazy. Who does he think he is?'. Trying to make out that Mayweather is playing god. Mayweather has one condition and one condition only, that both of them take the test. There's nothing crazy or inappropriate about that and if things stay the same then history will show that Pacquiao was the reason the fight never happened.

Have a rep. Your better with words than me. Once PBF sorts his private life out he'll get in ring, but do you think he will have a tune up and who with? (tu)