Boxing and MMA

Have a rep. Your better with words than me. Once PBF sorts his private life out he'll get in ring, but do you think he will have a tune up and who with? (tu)

I can't see him taking a tune-up tbh. He's only interested in mega-fights these days and there's no big names at welterweight for him to go after apart from Pacquiao. The only decent opponent would be Martinez but I cant see him going up to middleweight as a tune-up then getting back down to welterweight to fight Pacquiao.

I think if he gets his legal problems sorted out by the summer then he will go straight into negotiations with Pacquiao again (assuming Pacquiao beats Mosley). If it drags on for longer than that then I don't think the fight will ever happen and he'll retire.

Great fight weekend. Jaunma stopped (early IMO) and Ortiz hands Berto his first loss after, if I'm not mistaken, 4 knockdowns. Mayweather was ringside and word is, if Berto had won then both of them were to battle for their undefeated records. Up in smoke now anyway.

Great fight weekend. Jaunma stopped (early IMO) and Ortiz hands Berto his first loss after, if I'm not mistaken, 4 knockdowns. Mayweather was ringside and word is, if Berto had won then both of them were to battle for their undefeated records. Up in smoke now anyway.

Good. Hopefully after Pacquiao-Mosley is out of the way there are no other options but for them to fight each other.

Can't believe Juanma got stopped. I was looking forward to him fighting Gamboa.

Good. Hopefully after Pacquiao-Mosley is out of the way there are no other options but for them to fight each other.

Can't believe Juanma got stopped. I was looking forward to him fighting Gamboa.

Don't get your hopes up, Arum quoted as saying Cintron is in the Pac mix once Shane is negotiated.

I agree on Juanma, was screaming at telly, he was dropped hard and wobbling but it was a strange stoppage as he'd thrown 2 of the last 3 punches.

Don't get your hopes up, Arum quoted as saying Cintron is in the Pac mix once Shane is negotiated.

I agree on Juanma, was screaming at telly, he was dropped hard and wobbling but it was a strange stoppage as he'd thrown 2 of the last 3 punches.

Jesus christ. If that does happen then I can see Pacquiao losing even more support/respect. What is he going to prove by beating somebody who has been knocked out twice by Margarito?

This mayweather-pacquiao situation is beyond frustrating now.

OMG that would put the nail in the coffin for pac's respect level.

Fan favourite Ricky Hatton has been offered a route back into the ring with a mega-fight against fellow ring veteran Erik Morales, according to Sunday rag News of the World.

The news comes just days after Hatton confirmed in an interview with the Mirror that his fighting days were over, stating, ‘It still breaks my heart to think I won't fight again, but at least I'm man enough to admit it now.’

But reports yesterday revealed that Goldon Boy boss Oscar De La Hoya had discussed the possible fight with The Hitman and his team during his recent visit to the UK to take in Amir Khan’s title defence against Paul McCloskey.

Mexican legend Morales, the last person to beat pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao, himself only returned to the ring last year after three years out and has strung together a series of wins culminating in his impressive display against hard-hitting light-welterweight contender Marcos Maidana.

Despite losing the fight, Morales received plaudits for a showing that saw him outwit his younger and stronger opponent for large parts of the fight, with some in attendance even going as far to give 51-fight warrior the win.

Hatton Promotions CEO Gareth Williams is said to have confirmed the offer, saying, ‘An offer has been made, but it is up to Ricky. It is easy for me to make matches. I am not the one taking punches.’

Kevin Mitchell vs John Murray – It's On!

Hot on the heels of DeGale V Groves, Promoter Frank Warren will follow it up with yet another mouth-watering domestic showdown that the whole country wants to see - John Murray versus Kevin Mitchell

The two best Lightweights in the country have now both signed up for a summer showdown with London expected to play host..

Former British, Commonwealth and European Champion Murray, 31-0-0 (18), boasts the longest unbeaten run in British Boxing and sees Mitchell as the last hurdle in his quest to challenge for a world title challenge. Essex man Mitchell, 31-1-0 (23), sees Mancunian rival as his ticket back to the big time after his disappointment and knows another defeat could end his own world title aspirations. .

Murray said today; "I thought Mitchell had bottled it once and for all when he turned down the opportunity to fight me last month, but I am glad he has finally put pen to paper as this fight has been a long time coming and, apart from the world title, this is the only meaningful challenge left for me in the UK."

Dagenham's Mitchell, himself a former British and Commonwealth Champion, said today; "Murray's done well but he hasn't faced me yet and, if he had, we wouldn't keep hearing about his unbeaten record, I was 31-0 too with more stoppages than him, until I lost out in my 32nd fight which he will too. Personally, I hope this fight takes place in the East End so I can show my legions of fans that last year was a one off an Kevin Mitchell is back.

The date, and the site of the fight will be announced soon and a sell-out is expected for the North v South showdown.

Promoter Frank Warren added; "Like DeGale V Groves this is another fantastic fight that I am so pleased to be able to stage this summer. Finally the big fights are being made and like the winner DeGale V Groves, the winner can look forward to a world title challenge in the new season. This is a real 50/50 [and I salute both guys for signing up for it. I am working on a date and venue for the show and hope to announce this and, of course, a top quality undercard .

Can't wait for Haye-Klitschko now.

Haye seems to be getting a really good head start on things. He's been out in Miami for weeks working on his fitness while Wlad has been recovering from that stomach injury.

He's coming back to London for his training camp though, which I'm not sure is the best idea. There's been shit about him having an affair in the papers so the last thing he needs is distractions like that when he gets home. He should just stay in Miami or go to Cyprus or something. Stay away from his wife.

Manny Pacquaio v Shane Mosley (12)

(WBO welterweight title)

Wilfredo Vasquez Jr. v Jorge Arce (12)

(WBO super-bantamweight title)

Mike Alvarado v Ray Narh (12)

(light-welterweight)

Kelly Pavlik v Alfonso Lopez (10)

(super-middleweight)

Not a bad line up for saturday night.

Manny Pacquaio v Shane Mosley (12)

(WBO welterweight title)

Wilfredo Vasquez Jr. v Jorge Arce (12)

(WBO super-bantamweight title)

Mike Alvarado v Ray Narh (12)

(light-welterweight)

Kelly Pavlik v Alfonso Lopez (10)

(super-middleweight)

Not a bad line up for saturday night.

Credit to Top Rank for putting on a stacked card like that because this PPV would have sold regardless of the undercard. Goldenboy's stacked card last month and now this. Good stuff.

Good to see Kelly Pavlik back. I'm gonna try and find odds on him celebrating a victory like Stone Cold and downing some beers.

Good to see Kelly Pavlik back. I'm gonna try and find odds on him celebrating a victory like Stone Cold and downing some beers.

Just looked at ladbrokes there

6/1 Mosley which could be a tempter

Cant believe they have Holyfields fight and not any of the undercards from the MGM Grand

Just looked at ladbrokes there

6/1 Mosley which could be a tempter

Cant believe they have Holyfields fight and not any of the undercards from the MGM Grand

It is tempting considering that Mosley is a modern legend but he is definitely past his best. People keep looking back to the Margarito fight to say that he's still got it, but in the Mayorga fight before that he was absolutely awful and then he got dominated by Mayweather.

Saying that, can Pacquiao take punches like this?

I'm not sure he can. Mosley has a chance to take him out in the first 4 rounds but if it goes past the middle rounds then Manny will have it in the bag IMO. Mosley just doesn't have the stamina to keep up with him.

It is a solid card, nothing special though. A combacking Pavlik will be interesting, I've heard good things about Alvarado, Vasquez jnr and Arce should be fun and watching Pac at work v anyone is a privilege. Is the optimists view.

Pac v old man Mosley is a terrible match and a waste of one of Pacs few remaining fights.

Arce is past it.

Pavlik is done.

Alvarado v Who.

Is the pessimists stance.

Decent if unspectacular IMO.

It is tempting considering that Mosley is a modern legend but he is definitely past his best. People keep looking back to the Margarito fight to say that he's still got it, but in the Mayorga fight before that he was absolutely awful and then he got dominated by Mayweather.

Saying that, can Pacquiao take punches like this?

I'm not sure he can. Mosley has a chance to take him out in the first 4 rounds but if it goes past the middle rounds then Manny will have it in the bag IMO. Mosley just doesn't have the stamina to keep up with him.

Thats whats making me put a wager on Mosley because of that round,

Mayweather took those punches (just) because he hasn't took a lot of punishment in his career due to his excellent defensive skills whereas manny has took a lot especially the Margarito fight, and with a powerful and fast puncher like Mosley he could become undone IMO.

And yes mosley will need to get him out before the 5th or 6th rounds because Mosley has not got the stamina required to go toe to toe with manny for 12

Will be interesting with the tactics that Roach sets out for manny with the two fighters going to have a massive difference in weight, one other thing that manny fans could be concerned about is his last fight was at Jnr Middleweight and could have took a lot out him with him coming back down.

Thats whats making me put a wager on Mosley because of that round,

Mayweather took those punches (just) because he hasn't took a lot of punishment in his career due to his excellent defensive skills whereas manny has took a lot especially the Margarito fight, and with a powerful and fast puncher like Mosley he could become undone IMO.

And yes mosley will need to get him out before the 5th or 6th rounds because Mosley has not got the stamina required to go toe to toe with manny for 12

Will be interesting with the tactics that Roach sets out for manny with the two fighters going to have a massive difference in weight, one other thing that manny fans could be concerned about is his last fight was at Jnr Middleweight and could have took a lot out him with him coming back down.

I don't think Mosley will win a round, people are forgetting Mosleys last outing v Mora, horrible.

Btw Pac v Marg was a catchweight of 150, whereby Pac came in at 144 IIRC. No weight loss required.

It is a solid card, nothing special though. A combacking Pavlik will be interesting, I've heard good things about Alvarado, Vasquez jnr and Arce should be fun and watching Pac at work v anyone is a privilege. Is the optimists view.

Pac v old man Mosley is a terrible match and a waste of one of Pacs few remaining fights.

Arce is past it.

Pavlik is done.

Alvarado v Who.

Is the pessimists stance.

Decent if unspectacular IMO.

Nobody will know that for sure until after this fight. There's no shame in losing to Sergio Martinez. If he has taken his alcohol rehab seriously then there's no reason why he can't have a good run at super-middle and end up taking on some of the super-six lot or Bute.

I don't think Mosley will win a round, people are forgetting Mosleys last outing v Mora, horrible.

Btw Pac v Marg was a catchweight of 150, whereby Pac came in at 144 IIRC. No weight loss required.

I thought the catchweight was 151? anyway what I meant was he could feel the effects of fighting a bigger fighter the last time because I think margarito re hydrated back to 165 at the time of the fight. Time will tell but really looking forward to it anyway (tu)

I thought the catchweight was 151? anyway what I meant was he could feel the effects of fighting a bigger fighter the last time because I think margarito re hydrated back to 165 at the time of the fight. Time will tell but really looking forward to it anyway (tu)

I was actually referring to your comment about his last fight being a jnr middle and how it might weaken him having to come down.

Nobody will know that for sure until after this fight. There's no shame in losing to Sergio Martinez. If he has taken his alcohol rehab seriously then there's no reason why he can't have a good run at super-middle and end up taking on some of the super-six lot or Bute.

I did say this was the pessimists view.

Have never been a fan of Pavlk though.