Boxing and MMA

Orangeclement

I had Golovkin winning, 115-112. Too many close rounds, but I like aggression and Golovkin was generally the more aggressive.

35yrs is old for a pressure fighter like Golovkin. Not many stay effective into their mid 30s.

The only thing that beats GGG in this middleweight era is age. 2-3yrs ago Golovkin would have, IMO, comfortably beaten Jacobs. Size and movement were enough to make GGG struggle and he has lost a few % on his attributes to negate it.

GGG doesn't have long left as a top fighter. Father time beats everyone in the end.

Gillete likes this

any cunt see that fuck Conlan's ring entrance? it was like something from paedo dome, soldier song and all, fucking embarrassing, this would be like frampton doing  a ring walk draped in a union jack with the queen blasting.  Looks like Conlan only want a one sided support, hope is career is shite. 

I was excited excited to see conlan as I heard he had talent - unconvinced.

the media are talking up BJS v GGG. Firstly I don't think BJS is big enough, tough enough or hits hard enough to replicate the Jacobs performance. For me GGG batters him.

Eubank jnr v GGG imo would be a fight of the contender. Not saying he would win, but his work rate alone would make it exciting.

8 hours ago, Hutton2008 said:

I was excited excited to see conlan as I heard he had talent - unconvinced.

the media are talking up BJS v GGG. Firstly I don't think BJS is big enough, tough enough or hits hard enough to replicate the Jacobs performance. For me GGG batters him.

Eubank jnr v GGG imo would be a fight of the contender. Not saying he would win, but his work rate alone would make it exciting.

People forget Jacobs never went to weigh in on fight day like he agreed to. GGG was 169 lbs on fight day. Jacobs was rumoured to be 195 lbs and walking around like a light heavy 

no way BJS would be as heavy as that

Total mismatch from rounds 2 - 7. Linares was just so sharp, crisp, clean, fast, strong and elusive. 

Heart of gold from Crolla though and Linares tiring slightly. Crolla catching him more but Crolla just seems to lack any real snap and power in his punches.........

Gillete likes this

2 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Total mismatch from rounds 2 - 7. Linares was just so sharp, crisp, clean, fast, strong and elusive. 

Heart of gold from Crolla though and Linares tiring slightly. Crolla catching him more but Crolla just seems to lack any real snap and power in his punches.........

Said as much, he didn't have the power to remotely hurt linares

Laudrup1984 likes this

Linares v Garcia should be a cracking but still see it going to Linares he's a cut above! That ring was 2ft smaller last night and crolla couldn't get close.

crolla should now retire Imo can't see him becoming champion again. Flannigan and Campbell would beat him also then what?