Boxing and MMA

11 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Just caught up with the fight, incredibly one-sided. Burns afterwards saying Indongo surprised him by good he is - isn't that the job of his trainers to suss the opponent out :lol: 

No sure how much research you can do when he has fought in Namibia for most of his pro career and then fought in Russia for 45 seconds. There was no footage of him not really the trainers fault. Was all guess work

1 hour ago, james_85 said:

No sure how much research you can do when he has fought in Namibia for most of his pro career and then fought in Russia for 45 seconds. There was no footage of him not really the trainers fault. Was all guess work

Reminds me of Salvador Sanchez choosing an unknown Azumah Nelson as his opponent for a tune-up fight, unaware that he would go on to be the best African fighter ever, and ended up going life and death with him for 15 rounds :lol: Gotta be careful.

He was a big, gangly, south paw.... who happened to have a little bit of talent to compliment those attributes. I feel Indongo would cause all fighters in the division problems, although will probably come unstuck against the best. He was awkward without being particularly brilliant, but the type of guy I don't think anyone will ever look good against.

Burns has been past it as a world level fighter for a few years now, if he ever even truely got there. All he does is skip about, back peddling with unaffective aggression. He can get away with it at a lower level, but I can't see him picking up another world strap.

On 16/04/2017 at 7:38 AM, psb07158 said:

Just caught up with the fight, incredibly one-sided. Burns afterwards saying Indongo surprised him by good he is - isn't that the job of his trainers to suss the opponent out :lol: 

You'd think he'd have learned from Nelson not scouting opponents, but Sims is no better. MGM Marbella have some unsavoury links, granted - nothing that would bother Burns though - but they'd at least take care of making sure they get the inside track on an opponent. 

Alex Arthur was talking utter pish post-fight about Indongo being elite; he isn't even that good a fighter. He's in his mid-30s, and has fought outside of Namibia twice. Arthur was going on about how it'd take someone of Crawford's level  to beat him. ?

Burns has done well for himself given his limited ability, but it's a bit of a joke that he's a "three weight world champion." Especially as he doesn't even have three world class victories. 

3 hours ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Anyone signed up to the Fight Club?

If costs £78 for normal membership and gives you presale codes for upcoming events, dying to get to UFC Glasgow and considering signing up just to get early access.

Sure if you register your email you get access to the Pre-sale.

I would expect the main event in Glasgow to feature Stevie Ray if he beats Lauzon this weekend. Three bouts were announced this morning.

3 hours ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Anyone signed up to the Fight Club?

If costs £78 for normal membership and gives you presale codes for upcoming events, dying to get to UFC Glasgow and considering signing up just to get early access.

I gave up Fight Pass years ago as my interest in MMA has waned with each passing year since PRIDE ceased. 

I dunno why, buy TUF: Redemption sounded interesting to me, so I'm recording the first two episodes over the weekend to give it a go.