Boxing and MMA

18 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

What Tyson Fury says he will do and what he actually does is a different matter. 

I think Bellew is making a mistake staying at heavyweight. I get that the money fights are at that weight but he will get knocked out by any of the top heavyweights. He should stay at cruiserweight IMO and dominate the division. 

I was referring to Wilder.

Bellew is only in it for the money now IMO and it's not really there for him in the cruiserweight division, before he can dominate and unify the division the way he wanted to before the Haye fight came about he would have to win his own title back first. He'll probably chase a title fight at heavyweight and make a few million off it and then retire if he gets knocked out, which he probably does unless it's Parker.

17 hours ago, james_85 said:

Totally agree with you. Wilder is an athlete who happens to have decent power but technically not a very good boxer in my opinion.

I think this video somes him up tbh

Can't stop laughing at the way Washington starts to calmly walk away when he's still in mid-swing of that 2nd one :lol:

8 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I was referring to Wilder.

Bellew is only in it for the money now IMO and it's not really there for him in the cruiserweight division, before he can dominate and unify the division the way he wanted to before the Haye fight came about he would have to win his own title back first. He'll probably chase a title fight at heavyweight and make a few million off it and then retire if he gets knocked out, which he probably does unless it's Parker.

Ah right. Sorry mate. Aye I think Wilder will be. He knows the money fight for him is AJ, if AJ wins. 

Agree with you on Bellew.

On 24/04/2017 at 7:14 PM, herdy89 said:

He's been wanting Diego Sanchez for a while, after being ko'd on Saturday I doubt that would be possible 

I'd rather not see Sanchez again mTe the boy has clear brain trauma but Stevie should get a big name after a huge win like lauzon.

the Glasgow card so far is a fucking slap in the face to mma fans I've saw local shows with stronger cards

21 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

I'd rather not see Sanchez again mTe the boy has clear brain trauma but Stevie should get a big name after a huge win like lauzon.

the Glasgow card so far is a fucking slap in the face to mma fans I've saw local shows with stronger cards

It'll be pish, no way will I be paying to go see it. 

19 hours ago, kaiser1041 said:

Just checked he's up to 24th in the rankings, gotta aim for someone in top 15. Yeah it isn't looking good, hopefully it picks up a bit 

6 hours ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Watched a couple of documentaries today about the fight.  A shitload of respect from both guys that you don't usually see.  No bull, just two guys doing their job with no crap. Klitschko looks in some shape but I fancy Joshua to KO him.

I'm still undecided how this one will go. I been watching a lot AJ in the build up  and although Klitschko doesn't have the best head movement, AJ is still as stiff as his board.

AJ has the speed advantage, but foot work, power (slightly) and experience go to klitschko. 

AJ has to put him away before round 7 otherwise I feel it's klitschko fight. I just can't see him winning rounds later on in the fight. Klitschko looks really up for this one, but has time caught up to him? 

I think this fight is just going to join the list of instances of Joshua being in the right place at the right time. 

I don't think they wanted a title fight as early as they got it, but when you're offered the shot against someone like Charles Martin then you don't turn it down. 

I don't think they wanted a fight this big, this soon, but you don't turn down the chance to add Wladimir Klitschko to your resumé when he's 41 and hasn't fought since looking awful nearly 18 months ago...

Joshua to win in round 5 or 6 I reckon.

Who do you reckon they will have in the next Wembley fight?

I think wilder will jump in the ring after and set up Joshua vs wilder in Vegas. Then fury fights winner at Wembley in 2018?

21 minutes ago, King_gazza said:

Pretty gash undercard considering the main event imo. I'd have loved to seen a rematch between Whyte & Chisora on it. I think Joshua will knock him out around the 7th/8th round. Hope its not a 2 rounder.

No point wasting good undercards on a fight that will sell even if it was the only fight of the night.