Boxing and MMA

8 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

3-4 years ago the fight ends in the 5th/6th when AJ gets gassed. Wlad seemed content to 'manage' the fight when he should have just pushed on for the kill.

Does AJ get that comfortable in a fight at that stage against a younger klitschko, only reason klitschko got the jump on him in the 5th is because joshua had it easy till then, a peak klitschko doesnt let that happen by the 5th

2 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Not fighting since beating Wlad is the best thing that has ever happened to Fury's reputation. 

I don't think he's this unbeatable boxer when healthy that some seem to paint him as now.

He fought a great fight that night. But.... like tonight, Wlad couldn't pull the trigger when it mattered.... and didn't know what to do with an awkward, unorthodox, and career best Fury.

Fury is an awkward customer, but I think Joshua beats him easily. Unlike WK joshua can pull.the trigger.

1 minute ago, maverick1200 said:

Unfortunately not. It'll be difficult for Wlad to come back from this but he could still beat Wilder and Parker I think. 

Dont think he should come back to be honest...No better way to bow out than tonight imo It can't get any better

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Does AJ get that comfortable in a fight at that stage against a younger klitschko, only reason klitschko got the jump on him in the 5th is because joshua had it easy till then, a peak klitschko doesnt let that happen by the 5th

Disagree he had it easy at all.

The fight was pretty 50/50 cagey affair until Joshua had a burst in the 5th.... and very nearly paid the price for it. Again a prime WK doesn't let him off in the latter part of the 5th.

I really struggle to give the 5th as a 10-8 to Joshua, but rules dictate it probably is.

52 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

Wlad did himself proud. Went out like a champion, ahead on all the cards.

AJ will learn a lot. All of his talk about being the first boxing billionaire was based on nothing but hype. This might ground him a bit and not believe all his own publicity.

That was taking out of context to be fair. He cleared it up on ifl tv.

What a fight though! 3-4 years ago Wlad would have probably finished that after the 6th but I don't think AJ would have taken the fight so early 3 years ago.

1 minute ago, Badger said:

He fought a great fight that night. But.... like tonight, Wlad couldn't pull the trigger when it mattered.... and didn't know what to do with an awkward, unorthodox, and career best Fury.

Fury is an awkward customer, but I think Joshua beats him easily. Unlike WK joshua can pull.the trigger.

Its amazing how people see things mate I think Fury would just be a younger Wlad plenty of movement whilst the footwork might not be the same I think Fury pulls the trigger and steps on the gas when his moments come.

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Dont think he should come back to be honest...No better way to bow out than tonight imo It can't get any better

He bows out tonight with no disgrace.

He was winning a fight before succumbing to a younger, elite level, hard punching, fighter.

WK's rep isn't dented at all. At 41 he has no right to be competing - but still did.

Both fighters emerge with huge credit.

2 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

3 or 4 years ago was Klitschko fighting boxers as good as Joshua?Think some are slightly over doing what would have happened in the past,the facts are Klitschko had his chances tonight and blew it.

That was one of the best performances i've seen from Wlad in years. I believe he was partly as good because of the Fury defeat and the desire to maintain/enhance his legacy hence his obsession with the whole obsession theme. He has trained like an absolute monster. To get up from the first knockdown, look out of it, then flip it round and hit AJ with a Hayemaker, take control of the fight and IMO be up on points was incredible. To somehow get back up twice in the 11th too was insane. If he survived the 11th I had the fight level. At that point it would have been anyone's.

Most Wlad fights I have seen have been slow, boring, predictable where he would easily just outbox, almost like Mayweather did in the sense he wouldn't be exciting but you just knew he would win on points because he's a class above. I agree that I don't think it's as easy to say a younger Wlad wins. The advantage a younger Wlad would obviously have would be youth and possibly speed. However, he looked in incredible condition, possibly as good as i've seen. He was fast, nimble and aggressive. I don't think age beat him IMO. He's also much smarter, wiser and more experienced now and hits just as hard. I guess we'll never know how it would have unfolded though..........

Both deserve huge credit regardless. 

Joshua has two or three bursts to take you out. When he doesn't he ends up in massive trouble. Even at British title level Whyte showed it. It's all on Fury, what happened to him was terrible but to melt down the way he did shows weakness. But if he can come back, and hit the levels he did against Wlad he's so unorthodox and awkward that he'll fry Joshua's brain. 

Comfortable win for Fury if he can come through the crisis spells, Wlads age stopped him from doing so. 

But fair play to Joshua. Massive gut check, and the answer to the stamina question was incredible. Until Fury gets himself together, he's the man.

6 minutes ago, Badger said:

Disagree he had it easy at all.

The fight was pretty 50/50 cagey affair until Joshua had a burst in the 5th.... and very nearly paid the price for it. Again a prime WK doesn't let him off in the latter part of the 5th.

I really struggle to give the 5th as a 10-8 to Joshua, but rules dictate it probably is.

Maybe easy isn't the right word, maybe too comfortable is what i mean, if klitschko comes out a bit more in the opening rounds then joshua is a bit more defensive and maybe doesn't go all stupid in the 5th

7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Its amazing how people see things mate I think Fury would just be a younger Wlad plenty of movement whilst the footwork might not be the same I think Fury pulls the trigger and steps on the gas when his moments come.

He is nothing like a younger Wlad, and does not carry explosive power like Wlad does. Of course an 18st man like Fury can bang, but he is not explosive, and.... nowhere near as technical as Klitschko is.

Fury is awkward, hard to pin down, gangly, totally unorthodox, switches styles.... sheer size is his main asset rather than boxing ability.

He was all wrong for Klitschko, and even 10yrs ago... I think Fury causes a naturally cautious Wlad problems (although I think younger Wlad wins a close-ish decision).

I think Fury leaves enough openings that the more trigger happy Joshua gets through.

13 minutes ago, Badger said:

He is nothing like a younger Wlad, and does not carry explosive power like Wlad does. Of course an 18st man like Fury can bang, but he is not explosive, and.... nowhere near as technical as Klitschko is.

Fury is awkward, hard to pin down, gangly, totally unorthodox, switches styles.... sheer size is his main asset rather than boxing ability.

He was all wrong for Klitschko, and even 10yrs ago... I think Fury causes a naturally cautious Wlad problems (although I think younger Wlad wins a close-ish decision).

I think Fury leaves enough openings that the more trigger happy Joshua gets through.

Fair do's mate best thing they could do is get it on and let everyone find out:lol: