Boxing and MMA

55 minutes ago, MisterBlueSky said:

I think I heard earlier than Ortiz is due a fight with AJ

Ortiz is the mandatory for the WBA belt but it was mentioned on Sky the other day that they would be seeking special dispensation to allow him to choose a voluntary defence instead of facing him next.

9 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I hope Klitschko takes the rematch. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that AJ beats him again tbh.

Klitschko will want nothing to do with AJ in the future. If AJ took his time, it'll be over by the 7th round. 

I hope Klitschko fights again because he could beat 99% of the how division on the back of Saturday nights display. But will he have the motivation to get himself into the same shape. 

14 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

Klitschko will want nothing to do with AJ in the future. If AJ took his time, it'll be over by the 7th round. 

I hope Klitschko fights again because he could beat 99% of the how division on the back of Saturday nights display. But will he have the motivation to get himself into the same shape. 

Not sure I'd agree with that tbh, you could just as easily make a case for Klitschko ending the fight early if he hadn't took his time. 

7 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Not sure I'd agree with that tbh, you could just as easily make a case for Klitschko ending the fight early if he hadn't took his time. 

With that logic, AJ wouldn't of not gassed himself out and taken Wlad out when he was there for the taking. 

Wlad wouldn't be able to keep AJ off him for 12 rounds. I just can't see the rematch ever taking place. I can't see Wlad fight any better than he already has against AJ. 

1 minute ago, maverick1200 said:

With that logic, AJ wouldn't of not gassed himself out and taken Wlad out when he was there for the taking. 

Wlad wouldn't be able to keep AJ off him for 12 rounds. I just can't see the rematch ever taking place. I can't see Wlad fight any better than he already has against AJ. 

I was meaning if Klitschko hadn't took his time, not AJ. He had AJ all over the place and then seemed to back off after the knockdown because he thought it was finished anyway. If he had continued to press him the fight would have been over imo.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I was meaning if Klitschko hadn't took his time, not AJ. He had AJ all over the place and then seemed to back off after the knockdown because he thought it was finished anyway. If he had continued to press him the fight would have been over imo.

True I'm not debating that. Your right, he should of finished the fight, but he seems scared to throw the right hand now. He might of been worried about gassing himself.

But saying that, If you say Wlad should of stopped AJ, you have to say the same about AJ on Wlad. In a rematch, IMHO, Wlad gets KO'd within 6.

Do you think Wlad would do better in a rematch?

2 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

True I'm not debating that. Your right, he should of finished the fight, but he seems scared to throw the right hand now. He might of been worried about gassing himself.

But saying that, If you say Wlad should of stopped AJ, you have to say the same about AJ on Wlad. In a rematch, IMHO, Wlad gets KO'd within 6.

Do you think Wlad would do better in a rematch?

Hard to tell really. Realistically AJ is the more likely one to improve but you don't know what effect the knockdown will have on him. It's all good and well coming out with the confident statements after the fight but the reality is that in the only 2 fights where he's been in with a puncher he's had his legs turned to jelly, he's going to be wary of that moving forward now.

I still think a rematch could go either way and I'd like to see it happen again purely because it was one of the best fights I've seen in a long time.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Hard to tell really. Realistically AJ is the more likely one to improve but you don't know what effect the knockdown will have on him. It's all good and well coming out with the confident statements after the fight but the reality is that in the only 2 fights where he's been in with a puncher he's had his legs turned to jelly, he's going to be wary of that moving forward now.

I still think a rematch could go either way and I'd like to see it happen again purely because it was one of the best fights I've seen in a long time.

I agree, it was an amazing fight. You would hope that after making the same mistake against 2 opponents, AJ will learn. He seems to go on autopilot when he gets close and doesn't care whats coming back, which against the top how's, could end badly. If he did the same against Wilder, Wilder could KO with his power. Although Wilder doesn't look like a boxer.

Yeh we'll have to see what the knockdown has done to AJ, it was some knockdown as well. Fuck knows how he got up.

Boy done well to beat Vlad given the experience of the latter and the shape he was in. The fact he did so after being down makes me think he will go on to be really successful and dominate the heavy weight scene for years to come. Not sure how he'd have got on in years gone by though because none of the guys around just now that I've seen strike me as in the same class as fighters like Tyson, Holyfield, Holmes, Lewis etc.

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Bellew will be better going for him instead of Wilder. Think Wilder puts him to sleep tbh. I like him but he's getting far too carried away after that win over Haye.

Agreed! heard Hearn say the other week his next fight is either a rematch with Haye or a world title fight @ heavyweight..personally think he loses both no matter who the heavyweight is.

Bellew will beat Parker and it wouldn't put it past Whyte to beat him as well. I said after i watch the Takam fight that Parker was shite and after watching that today i will stick to that. There is nothing there that shows he will be any of the top fighters

4 minutes ago, james_85 said:

Bellew will beat Parker and it wouldn't put it past Whyte to beat him as well. I said after i watch the Takam fight that Parker was shite and after watching that today i will stick to that. There is nothing there that shows he will be any of the top fighters

Can't see it myself, Bellew won the lottery with the Haye fight, Haye had one leg hence no power in any punches, this "power" shite from Bellew is just that "shite" watch the cleverly fight where he sat on the ropes for 6 rounds & bellew couldn't do shit to get him outta there..a matchroom/sky/media hypejob who got mega lucky due to circumstances(don't grudge him it) imo of course.

He was actually quite likeable pre Haye fight but now hes utterly deluded & really fucking annoying if I'm honest.

19 minutes ago, blue_dynamite said:

Agreed! heard Hearn say the other week his next fight is either a rematch with Haye or a world title fight @ heavyweight..personally think he loses both no matter who the heavyweight is.

Was reading him on the Sky app last night saying that he's the 3rd biggest draw in the heavyweight division now and even at 1-0 he's got a better record than Wilder and Parker combined :lol: