Boxing and MMA

1 minute ago, herdy89 said:

Davis vs Walsh this weekend. So far Davis has failed to make weight twice today, due to come back for a 3rd. Unprofessional as fuck from the champ 

It really is ridiculous and happening alot, they should be made to refund half the ticket price to the public.

24 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Davis is unreal. 

The boy looks the real deal. Just as well with all that "show". Glad to see he more than backed it up. Will keep an eye on him. Like to see him against a better opponent though the lad Walsh looked totally out his depth..

Davis made easy work of Walsh.

On the undercard, its the first time I've seen Yarde fight after reading about him. Ok - it's only regional title level, but I always reckon the boxers that make it look effortless are the talented ones, he is one on my radar now.

On another note..... Anyone see the Dirrell fight?

Absolute joke of a DQ. The "KO" punch was landed a fraction after the bell sounded and didnt look deliberately flouting the rules. 

Dirrell up to his old acting tricks again as the punch neither looked hard, nor did he initially hurt.

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

Anyone see the Dirrell fight?

Absolute joke of a DQ. The "KO" punch was landed a fraction after the bell sounded and didnt look deliberately flouting the rules. 

Dirrell up to his old acting tricks again as the punch neither looked hard, nor did he initially hurt.

Totally at it. Watching it back it seems like someone says something to him, then he turns to the canvas and acts like he's KO'd. 

As for Dirrell's Uncle/trainer... :lol:

He probably started to throw his final punch just as the bell went. It landed, according to a blog that analysed it, about 0.35 seconds after the bell started to sound, He started the combo before the bell went. He would need unrealistically sharp awareness to physically stop the combo as the bell sounded.

The damaging punch was before the bell anyway.

An awful decision.

Anybody watching Brook v Spence, should be a cracking fight. See Brook has more or less made the weight already. Just hope he hasn't drained himself too much. would like to see him win and then smash khan and put him in his place so he stops thinking that he's a superstar fighter when he's not. 

1 minute ago, james_85 said:

Anybody watching Brook v Spence, should be a cracking fight. See Brook has more or less made the weight already. Just hope he hasn't drained himself too much. would like to see him win and then smash khan and put him in his place so he stops thinking that he's a superstar fighter when he's not. 

Brook will smash this spence dont get me wrong this spence can fight as for khan no contest the guys a joke

6 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Very harsh. 

May not be the best, nor does he claim to be, but seems a good guy who's struggled in life. 

Meh. Maybe i'm a bitter bastard but i've no time for manufactured underdog stories indirectly pushed from matchroom. Heartfelt interview about his gambling problem, prefaced and closed by a William Hill advert :lol: