Boxing and MMA

This saturday

ricky burns VS Nicky Cook as burns defends his WBO title

The fight I'm looking forwayd to is Kevin Mitchell VS John Murray which should be a cracket

I'm going for Cook by stoppage and Murray by stoppage aswel

Ricky Burns cant let this fight go to points, not in Liverpool. James DeGale getting a shot at european title. Groves just made him like average and gets overlooked, weird one!

Burns couldn't break an egg, unless Cook is completely shot he's going to have to rely on the judges. I'm pretty sure he'll get a fair crack of the whip anyway.

It wouldn't surprise me if Groves and his people are planning on skipping Euro level and going for a lower level world title, wbo/ibo or the likes.

looking fwd to all the fights to be honest

theres a bit of needle between F Gavin and Woodhouse

You always get Needle with Belew and after the last fight and the drug accusations it has the makings of a good spectacle

mitchell and murray should be a tear up

and the scotland v england contest between Burns and cook should be great

I'm goin to stick £20 on a Mitchell victory.

Give me your £20 instead. :lol:

Murray will have too much for mitchel IMO he has been out of ring for 14 month and will probably take effect and if murray doesn't KO him he will drag him into the later rounds. Can't see this going to points tbh

Give me your £20 instead. :lol:

Murray will have too much for mitchel IMO he has been out of ring for 14 month and will probably take effect and if murray doesn't KO him he will drag him into the later rounds. Can't see this going to points tbh

Too late Bet365 already have it.

Mitchell has boxed at a higher level and been successful. Barring the Katsidis Blow-out he'd be the favourite for this in my opinion. Haven't been overly impressed by Murray TBH, maybe tonights the night but I favour Mitchell and I like the odds.

War Mitchell!!

Burns should handle Cook very easily. Nicky's fought once in 2 years since getting starched by Martinez and that was an 8 round points victory over Youssef Al Hamidi, who is something like 8-32. Cook has also shown himself to be vulnerable to body shots in the past, and whilst Burns doesn't have a lot of power his body work is excellent. To be honest it's a bit of a joke of a fight but at least Burns is staying busy and hopefully a big fight comes up soon. Adrien Broner is likely to be his mandatory and that's a very tough fight for Ricky as Broner has proven himself to be decent prospect, although i thouht De Leon deserved the decision against him.

Mitchell v Murray should be a cracker, if Mitchell hasn't suffered with the long lay-off he should win though, possibly even by stoppage late on. Quite looking forward to Bellew v McKenzie as well, although I don't think it will be as exciting as their first fight.

Prior to Mitchells defeat, he was considered in a different league to Murray. Very tempting price for Mitchell, I'll be backing him. All I remember about Murray is Lee Mcalister should have beaten him a few years ago!

Prior to Mitchells defeat, he was considered in a different league to Murray. Very tempting price for Mitchell, I'll be backing him. All I remember about Murray is Lee Mcalister should have beaten him a few years ago!

Yer arse :lol:

Murray battered him silly then took him out with a cracking body shot albeit I only gave the sheepshagger the 1st round and that was a few years ago and murray has vastly improved since then

I think Burns will stop Cook in the later rounds. He obviously doesn't have one punch knockout power but I think he will have beaten the fight out of Cook by the middle rounds and Cook will be in survival mode after that. Ref will step in and put and end to it.

As for Murray-Mitchell this is a real 50-50 fight. Everybody knows what Murray is going to do so the outcome will depend on what Kevin Mitchell shows up. If he is back to his pre-Katsidis best then I think he'll win on points.

If the Katsidis fight, 14 months off and a battle with booze has taken its effect on him then Murray should be able to stop him in the middle rounds.

I will agree that Burns could possibly force a stoppage by overwhelming Cook but I'd lean towards a points decision, also agree that it's an excellent night of domestic boxing really looking forward to it.

Yer arse :lol:

Murray battered him silly then took him out with a cracking body shot albeit I only gave the sheepshagger the 1st round and that was a few years ago and murray has vastly improved since then

Telt u murray wasn't in the same league mr boxing expert.

Burn v Cook was a non event. Feel sorry for both fighters here for different reasons, but Cook clearly wasn't acting and could barely stand up. If he has ruptured a disc in his back, as suspected, then it's an injury you'd be unable to get out a chair with, let alone box. It will completely immobilise you. Ashame it happened inside 10 seconds, but heh ho it happens. As said he clearly wasn't acting and was in a lot of pain.

There is a lot of talk about irregular betting patterns on this one. There were big money bets being made on Burns Stoppage/Burns Early all day. It sounds like Cook should never have been getting in the ring and insiders knew it.

Yeah I've seen talk of it. Apparently there was a lot of bets on a 3rd round TKO for Burns

If Cook was acting, he deserves an oscar, I've no doubt he was in a lot of pain. However I think it was confirmed by the hospital last night he's slipped a disc in his back. Question is, was this already slipped?

If he passed his pre fight medical, I find it hard to believe he could hide a slipped disc from them. Anyone who's ever suffered an acute back injury will know just how hard it is just to move about, never mind pass a medical. Which makes it all the more bizarre, especially since there were odd betting patterns, and now the hospital seems to of confirmed he definitely has an acute back injury.

Then again if Cook was going to throw the fight, surely it would be more subtle than 6 seconds.

I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt, until proven otherwise, that it was a freak injury that occurred almost on the opening bell.

I don't think there is any suggestion that Cook took a dive. But I do wonder if he came in with a dodgy back rather than pull out of the fight.

Speaking of taking a dive, anyone seen the Juan Manuel Marquez 'tune-up' fight from last night? Looks like a good shot to me, but something isn't right about the way Ramos goes down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IuAD5elt-Y

I'm never making predictions again

Lol. Good job bet365 took my £20.

On a side note, no-way that was a dive from Cook. Worst case scenario for me is he came in knowing he was injured and tried to blag it for the pay day. His purse should be withheld. Frank Warren is a Cunt with a capital C, claiming a freak injury knowing Cook has a history of back trouble.

Just watched Mitchell-Murray again today. Mitchell couldn't miss with that left uppercut and left hook. I can't see Murray going any further than this if he continues to box the same way.

Burns-Cook was one of the craziest things I have ever seen. Cook should never have been there in the first place. One 6 round fight in 2 years and a history of back problems. I feel sorry for Burns training for months for that. Warren needs to get him some decent opponents now. It's getting beyond a joke.

If Tony Bellew thinks he put on a 'masterclass' then I think somebody needs to get him a dictionary so he can look up what that word means. No chance he deserves a shot at Cleverly after that. The trash talking would be good but thats about it. Cleverly would embarrass him in a fight.

I think Bellew followed a gameplan which doesn't suit his strengths as a fighter, one of the most boring fights I've seen in a while, almost sent Whiteman81 to sleep. I think though, if he fights Cleverly and plays to his strengths he gets much better results.

Having said that I still think Nathan beats him with too much variety, good fight though.