Boxing and MMA

Unbelievable that Goldenboy have fallen out with Sky. They'll miss out on a hell of a lot of fights because of that.

Mayweather-Ortiz won't get the build up it deserves now because if it's on Primetime then Sky will just ignore it and pretend it's not happening. If Sky are refusing to show PPV's then will any potential Mayweather-Pacquiao fight be on Primetime as well? That would be a shame because Sky would give it a brilliant build-up.

Sky are in a bit of an awkward situation. It looks like they're stuck with the domestic scene and Carl Froch fights. Falling out with Goldenboy is a disaster.

Kimbo's debut was a joke. The guy he was fighting didn't even look like a boxer.

Unbelievable that Goldenboy have fallen out with Sky. They'll miss out on a hell of a lot of fights because of that.

Mayweather-Ortiz won't get the build up it deserves now because if it's on Primetime then Sky will just ignore it and pretend it's not happening. If Sky are refusing to show PPV's then will any potential Mayweather-Pacquiao fight be on Primetime as well? That would be a shame because Sky would give it a brilliant build-up.

Sky are in a bit of an awkward situation. It looks like they're stuck with the domestic scene and Carl Froch fights. Falling out with Goldenboy is a disaster.

Kimbo's debut was a joke. The guy he was fighting didn't even look like a boxer.

Fuck Goldenboy.

Fucking promoters get away with bullying and bullshitting the tv networks Into showing

bollocks too often. I say good on Sky for standing their ground, if every network had this attitude we'd be a lot better off. Fuck Khan too, greedy cunt.

Kimbo Slice? Yikes.

It hasn't been a good night.

This

I think sky should have taken a punt on it. The undercard is fantastic tbh

Goldonboy are leading the way in boxing IMO

Sky is definitely in a bad position in terms of Boxing right now. Losing it's biggest fighter is a major loss and losing Amir Khan is also a big loss considering he is a British boxer but losing Mayweather is a disaster especially if Mayweather comes through this fight and faces Pacquiao sometime next year. They will not want to lose than one.

First episode of HBO Mayweather - Ortiz 24/7:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c98cLd9-eUg

I'm not arsed about this fight to be honest, but the last 10 minutes is definitely worth a watch to see Floyd Snr and Floyd Jnr going mental at each other. :lol:

Jr: GET THE FUCK OUT MY GYM

Sr: PUT ME OUT MOTHAFUCKA

:lol:

First episode of HBO Mayweather - Ortiz 24/7:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c98cLd9-eUg

I'm not arsed about this fight to be honest, but the last 10 minutes is definitely worth a watch to see Floyd Snr and Floyd Jnr going mental at each other. :lol:

Jr: GET THE FUCK OUT MY GYM

Sr: PUT ME OUT MOTHAFUCKA

:lol:

sad.gif

I was just coming in to post this there ya trumpet biggrin.giftongue.gif

Just about to watch it5536.gif5536.gif5536.gif5536.gif5536.gif5536.gif5536.gif5536.gif5536.gif5536.gif5536.gif

Burns is on the verge of Adrian Broner fight in October, in either Vegas or New York. Date still to be announced but I think its defo on.

He had a bout already set for October in the Kelvin Hall, there was alot of talk (not official talk or anything like that, just what Ricky told me personally) of him moving up to Lightweight to fight either Kevin Mitchell or Micheal Katsidis, but thats now been cancelled so he can get the Broner fight.

Hadn't seen it mentioned in the thread yet, so whats everyones thoughts??

Me, I think it will be tough for him.. Broner is agreat boxer, and especially with it being in the States, I think he'll need a knock out win, there is no chance he'll get a points decision! Thats what worrys me because we all know Ricky doesn't have a knock out punch. But I'm still confident and I'm really looking forward to it, should be a good fight and hopefully Ricky retains.

I've said though, that I think if he does lose, it might be a blessing in disguise because he does want to move up a weight, and losing the title at this weight will probably jus give him that extra push to move up.. sayin that though, I'd still much rather see him win. :)

I think if the Broner fight happens Burns will get out boxed maybe stopped late. I fear also that a move up in weight would not be successful for him as his size is a major advantage at the mo'.

I hope he can get in Broners face and rough him up enough to get him out of his comfort zone. If he can make it ugly he'd gave a better shot, just don't think it'll happen.

Although, I did predict that Martinez would also beat him so....

Edit: I don't think "home cooking" is as prevalent in the U.S as people seem to think. Every week Mexicans, phillipinos, Africans and even Brits like lennox, Naz, Calzaghe and Froch get a fair crack at the whip.

I think if the Broner fight happens Burns will get out boxed maybe stopped late. I fear also that a move up in weight would not be successful for him as his size is a major advantage at the mo'.

I hope he can get in Broners face and rough him up enough to get him out of his comfort zone. If he can make it ugly he'd gave a better shot, just don't think it'll happen.

Although, I did predict that Martinez would also beat him so....

Edit: I don't think "home cooking" is as prevalent in the U.S as people seem to think. Every week Mexicans, phillipinos, Africans and even Brits like lennox, Naz, Calzaghe and Froch get a fair crack at the whip.

Did you forget about lewis vs holyfield part 1, that was a disgrace

Broner struggled against de Leon

He's quick but the size of burns could be a factor as I think he would struggle with rickys awkward style and reach

I'd be confident of Ricky winning if it was in Scotland but if it was in the USA I think he will struggle to get anything off the judges and he doesn't have the power to take out a slick boxer in broner

Would love to see broner fight gamboa eventually

Tony Bellew to fight Nathan Cleverly in Liverpool on October 15th.

I heard this was coming. Sounds like the undercard could be good as well.

There is a good thread on the eastside boxing forum about it: http://www.eastsideboxing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337507

Bellew himself was posting on it from the third page onward.

What's the venue mate? Is it a main event?

I may go and wear my Gers top and see how I get treated my the coatbridge rhats

Cincinnatis' U.S Bank Arena and probably will be main event given that it's Broners home town.

Did you forget about lewis vs holyfield part 1, that was a disgrace

That's true mate, but shit does happen, doesn't always indicate home favouritism, see Lewis v Holyfield pt.2.

I fancy Bellew for an upset.