Boxing and MMA

Vant believe cox got the decision though, I fell asleep at 11th round, even the commentators were having cox up on their cards when he was lucky to have at least 3 on mines.

Should have been disqualified, absolute disgusting tactics with the low blows which I think he meant.

Adamek is a warrior. He took some amount of punishment but still dug in there until the end came.

Just who can beat the Klitschkos? Adamek and Haye are probably best of the rest, and neither have came anywhere close. Even at 40, Vitali is a top fighter... He was toying with Adamek for the entire fight, and you just knew he

could stop that whenever he wanted.

Both Klitschkos give any fighter from any era a lot to think about, Vitali especially. Not saying they'd beat the greatest of all time, but they certainly would of competed with the very best, just through sheer size, strength and awkwardness. Personally, I think Vitali is a very underrated fighter in terms of all time. His two defeats have been on injury and whilst ahead on the score cards, with the Bird one being particularly odd with Vitali winning 9 rounds to 1 at the time. Other than that, he's only lost a handful of rounds in his entire career. I think he suffers now with the best opposition choosing his little brother before him, as

Wlad brings more belts, more money, and a better chance to the table.

You wonder what Vitali's motivation is now. Haye is maybe the only challenge out there, and unless Vitali gets old suddenly, which I suppose at 40 there is always a chance

of, I just don't see that being any different to the demolition job that was tonight. I just don't see any way which Haye can beat a Klitschko boxing even at 75% of their best.

There is no-one in this era to beat the Klits, clearly. However, Vitali quit v Byrd and Lewis busted him up and was taking control of the fight at the time of the stoppage so both are legit defeats. Wlad doesn't rank anywhere near all-time and I don't think Vitali is top ten.

Bowe would destroy him.

Vitali was a mile ahead of Byrd when he quit with a torn rotor cuff. I don't class that as a legit defeat in any way. I question Vitali for quiting, but as he's since said, he's a PhD in Sports Science, he knew he was risking his career fighting 3 more rounds with a serious injury... even if he was 9 rounds up at the time.

Lewis was a legit defeat, but there will always be a debate there. Both fighters took that on short notice, and kinda did the fans out a proper fight. I would of loved to of seen them train for that and answer what will always be a burning question.

I don't think Bowe would of destroyed him at all.

If you quit you lose, Arthur Abraham fought on with an horrendous broken jaw to avoid defeat, it happens frequently, injuries are part of the sport. You don't need a degree to know that.

Both Lewis and Vitali were in excellent condition, Lewis having been in training for Kirk Johnson. I'm not sure the fight would have been a whole lot different, in any case.

I agree actually, destroyed was too strong, but I definitely believe Bowe wins decisively.

I completely disagree I think any version of Bowe loses to either Klitschko.

The guy had no heart or dedication and had fucked up his career by the time he was what 26-27. He put his belt in the bin rather than face Lewis, after using all sorts of avoidance with unrealistic pay negotiations. Golota more

than likely would of beat him if he wasn't such an idiot and got himself DQ'd.

Bowe was one of the biggest wastes of talent of the last 25yrs.

Man, no heart? Go watch Bowe Holyfield 1,2 and 3 and still say that. The Bowe that fought Holy the first time was awesome, he had everything. Fuck, fat Corrie Saunders sparked Wlad and almost did the same to Vitali.

Klits only exceptional attribute is size. They are huge and cautious, and in an era of the poorest heavy division of all time, that's enough.

Prime Holyfield whips them both too.

Just a wee meaningless but interesting (IMO) fact I heard today.

Puerto Rico, an island with under 4 million people and land mass 1/10th the size of Cuba has produced 50 legit world champions over the years. Including the likes of all time greats Wilfredo Gomez, Carlos Ortiz, Felix Trinidad and Wilfred Benitez.

Unbelievable.

Ricky Burns has relinquished the super-featherweight title to challenge for the WBO Lightweight title. He's fighting Michael Katsidis in November at the Kelvin Hall. Definitely going to try and get along to that. Burns will probably get blasted out early but I'd love to see Katsidis live.