Boxing and MMA

4 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

If Joshua catches Usyk with any of the shots Bellew did he will go to sleep. Should stay at his weight imo. 

And fight who?

Heavyweight boxing isn’t like years ago when you need to be 17/18 stone.

Usyk beats Whyte/Chisora easily and the money alone makes the AJ fight attractive.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

And fight who?

Usyk beats Whyte/Chisora easily and the money alone makes the AJ fight attractive.

Usyk competes if he steps up,no doubt. 

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

And fight who?

Can he take a punch at Heavyweight is the question. If Whyte hit him I could see his legs going. Weight classes exist for a reason.

Just now, keithgersbear said:

Can he take a punch at Heavyweight is the question. If Whyte hit him I could see his legs going. Weight classes exist for a reason.

He’s hardly small though.

6ft 3 say he fights at just under 16 stone, throw in the fact that he’d be best boxer in the division by a mile and he’s then a threat.

19 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

With him being under Hearn i’d imagine he’d fight winner of Whyte/Chisora. 

He then could fight, say, Fury if he loses to Wilder.

I’d imagine Joshua would be last fight.

I am sure it was a 3 fight deal with Bellow fight being the first one. Winner or Whyte/Chisora gets a big pay day in April and Usyk may even fight in the same card against a Takam or someone of that level with a AJ/Usyk fight in September. Usyk can take a punch as well, he was in some proper scraps on his way to winning the wbss. He will. Get bigger as well with not having to make weight 

Usyk really has to move up if he wants pay days. He cleaned up Cruiserweight within 15 pro fights, and looked impressive in doing so - there is nothing left there for him.

In terms of skill set he would be the best in the HW division, but obviously the question remains about his power, his size and ability to take power shots.

How would he cope with a Fury for example, a guy 6 or 7" taller, 40lbs heavier, unorthodox and great at doing subtle things to make it awkward and nullify. Or Joshua, a guy that whilst quite predictable, he would have to get in his range to engage, or how would he cope with the unpredictable explosive nature of Wilder?

He has as good of a chance as any CW moving up. Holyfield managed to make an impact, in a far stronger era. As a boxer, I think Usyk is (at least) as good as Holyfield was at CW - whether that can translate to HW is another matter.

10 hours ago, Badger said:

Usyk really has to move up if he wants pay days. He cleaned up Cruiserweight within 15 pro fights, and looked impressive in doing so - there is nothing left there for him.

In terms of skill set he would be the best in the how division, but obviously the question remains about his power, his size and ability to take power shots.

How would he cope with a Fury for example, a guy 6 or 7" taller, 40lbs heavier, unorthodox and great at doing subtle things to make it awkward and nullify. Or Joshua, a guy that whilst quite predictable, he would have to get in his range to engage, or how would he cope with the unpredictable explosive nature of Wilder?

He has as good of a chance as any CW moving up. Holyfield managed to make an impact, in a far stronger era. As a boxer, I think Usyk is (at least) as good as Holyfield was at CW - whether that can translate to how is another matter.

The thing with Fury is that he’s not a big hitter though.

Joshua can bang and Wilder the same( though unpredictable)

They’d probably be Usyks hardest fights.

David Haye beat a guy like Chisora and Usyk is a far better fighter and has a far better chin.