Jump to content

Boxing and MMA


Orangeclement
 Share

Recommended Posts

I keep changing my mind on who I think's going to win. I still can't work out how good either of them actually are. Fury's win against Vlad apart (possibly Wilder vs Ortiz to a lesser extent) neither have been truly tested IMO . Wilder certainly has power but technically looks very poor and clumsy every time i've seen him. He can have all the power in the world but if you can't catch someone then the game's a bogey. And Fury is primarily living off one great performance. In fairness to both they can only beat who's in front of them and they've both done what's been asked of them. It's a tough one to predict.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I keep changing my mind on who I think's going to win. I still can't work out how good either of them actually are. Fury's win against Vlad apart (possibly Wilder vs Ortiz to a lesser extent) neither have been truly tested IMO . Wilder certainly has power but technically looks very poor and clumsy every time i've seen him. He can have all the power in the world but if you can't catch someone then the game's a bogey. And Fury is primarily living off one great performance. In fairness to both they can only beat who's in front of them and they've both done what's been asked of them. It's a tough one to predict.

I'm of the same thinking as you but I think wilder will catch him at some point and I can't see fury recovering. Wilder has terrible technique but he's so quick and powerful

Laudrup1984 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, northern bear said:

I'm of the same thinking as you but I think wilder will catch him at some point and I can't see fury recovering. Wilder has terrible technique but he's so quick and powerful

I think if Wilder (or most heavyweights for that matter) hit you then it's all over. As clumsy as Wilder is and even though Fury is very elusive, I think it's difficult to stop Wilder hitting you for 12 full rounds. If anyone can make you miss though it's Fury. Wilder could also get overwhelmed by the occasion, get caught up with the crowd and gas himself out by consistently throwing big punches and missing, and what kind of Fury is going to turn up. I think i'll defo go with a Wilder KO or Fury points (not exactly going all out!). Just not decided which way i'll go yet. Not even sure who I want to win. They both annoy me and intrigue my in equal measures!

northern bear likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:05, STEPPS BOY said:

The thing with Fury is that he’s not a big hitter though.

Joshua can bang and Wilder the same( though unpredictable)

They’d probably be Usyks hardest fights.

David Haye beat a guy like Chisora and Usyk is a far better fighter and has a far better chin.

David Haye was a far bigger puncher than Usyk will ever be.

Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I think if Wilder (or most heavyweights for that matter) hit you then it's all over. As clumsy as Wilder is and even though Fury is very elusive, I think it's difficult to stop Wilder hitting you for 12 full rounds. If anyone can make you miss though it's Fury. Wilder could also get overwhelmed by the occasion, get caught up with the crowd and gas himself out by consistently throwing big punches and missing, and what kind of Fury is going to turn up. I think i'll defo go with a Wilder KO or Fury points (not exactly going all out!). Just not decided which way i'll go yet. Not even sure who I want to win. They both annoy me and intrigue my in equal measures!

Fury has only had two fights since the comeback.  Not sure he will be ready for this.  Wilder can certainly punch.  Not sure how much punishment Fury can take?  Will go for a Wilder K.O. in 8 or 9.

hawkeye likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Ronald de Boer said:

Fury has only had two fights since the comeback.  Not sure he will be ready for this.  Wilder can certainly punch.  Not sure how much punishment Fury can take?  Will go for a Wilder K.O. in 8 or 9.

Tbh the chin of the other guy almost doesn’t matter with Wilder. There’s no one who can take a clean shot from him and spell his name afterwords.

GabrielTomato likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Tbh the chin of the other guy almost doesn’t matter with Wilder. There’s no one who can take a clean shot from him and spell his name afterwords.

 

2 minutes ago, Ronald de Boer said:

Could Fury spell it beforehand?

Both solid posts.

Have put £5 on a draw. 

It's that or Wilder KO in any later round.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Upcoming Events

    • 09 December 2021 17:45 Until 19:45
      0  
      Lyon v Rangers
      Stade des Lumieres
      UEFA Europa League
×
×
  • Create New...