Boxing and MMA

A gamble that Pac wins the fight convincingly. JMM will be nigh on 39 by the time this fight comes around. Whilst I think he's won the last 2 fights, he's never dominated to a point it's indisputable. No reason to think a 4th fight will be any different.

Wins that and set up a Mayweather finale.

Boxing needs to change though, the sport badly needs a single central body to try weed out the greed and corruption that is clearly rife within.

Thats a pretty big gamble, if your as greedy and selfish as Arum is portrayed, and think the games almost up.

Seems more likely a simple case of unfinished business.

I agree completely with your last paragraph.

I wonder which non-entity or washed-up old man he will fight now? and how many mugs will actually pay to watch it?

Who do you propose he fights? Suggest 3 candidates you feel don't fall into the categories that you describe above.

Who do you propose he fights? Suggest 3 candidates you feel don't fall into the categories that you describe above.

Exactly

There is a few opponents left for him to fight

Manny

Bradley or Khan

And Sergio Martinez would be a good fight at light middle, also there is nothing else out there for Martinez except Floyd IMO

Martinez, Bradley, Khan

Then, when he fights and shuts out Bradley he becomes a "non entity", ditto khan. I'll give you Martinez, then again he most likely will be dead at the weight and you'll shit on Floyd for that anyway.

I think Khan would give Mayweather problems, although I agree, he shuts out Bradley.

Either that or Bradley butts him to death.

The point is Mayweather outclasses fighters so bad he gets stick for supposedly knowing beforehand that it is an easy nights work.

Last 4 fights: Hatton 40 odd and zero and on most p4p lists, Mosley coming off an emphatic KO of Margarito and people saying Floyd is ducking him, JMM still top 5 p4p and 2 full years later as good as beat Pac, and Ortiz young power puncher just kod undefeated Berto.

Non-entities and old men.

To an extent Floyd is a victim of his own success.

The point is Mayweather outclasses fighters so bad he gets stick for supposedly knowing beforehand that it is an easy nights work.

Last 4 fights: Hatton 40 odd and zero and on most p4p lists, Mosley coming off an emphatic KO of Margarito and people saying Floyd is ducking him, JMM still top 5 p4p and 2 full years later as good as beat Pac, and Ortiz young power puncher just kod undefeated Berto.

Non-entities and old men.

To an extent Floyd is a victim of his own success.

Ricky Hatton was way out of his comfort zone at 147 (already proven vs. Collazo which he arguably lost). I doubt he would have fought there again if it was not for the lure of a big pay day. Any decent welterweight would have finished Hatton that night.

Post-handwraps Margacheato was no massive achievement. Floyd could have fought Sugar Shane much earlier while he was still decent but conveniently delayed until he was near brain dead, 3 years after Miguel Cotto (another boxer strangely missing from Floyd's resume) had showed him up.

Floyd fought JMM at a catchweight he couldn't make and basically turned up at 147 size. Marquez looked flabby at 142 (he fought at lightweight 4 months earlier) and was clearly over-matched from the word go.

Ortiz is pish, thick as mince and has no heart. Maidana had proved that already.

Floyd's real achievements and best fights were 10 years back. Everything he has done at welter has been over-hyped shite for fan boys who blindly fork out for his awful fights.

Ricky Hatton was way out of his comfort zone at 147 (already proven vs. Collazo which he arguably lost). I doubt he would have fought there again if it was not for the lure of a big pay day. Any decent welterweight would have finished Hatton that night.

Post-handwraps Margacheato was no massive achievement. Floyd could have fought Sugar Shane much earlier while he was still decent but conveniently delayed until he was near brain dead, 3 years after Miguel Cotto (another boxer strangely missing from Floyd's resume) had showed him up.

Floyd fought JMM at a catchweight he couldn't make and basically turned up at 147 size. Marquez looked flabby at 142 (he fought at lightweight 4 months earlier) and was clearly over-matched from the word go.

Ortiz is pish, thick as mince and has no heart. Maidana had proved that already.

Floyd's real achievements and best fights were 10 years back. Everything he has done at welter has been over-hyped shite for fan boys who blindly fork out for his awful fights.

At least he wins his fights (tu)

Marquez beat pac, Ortiz no heart? didn't you see the Berto fight? He probably beats Bradley, who you'd be happy with, before he is routed that is.

Your points on Hatton and Mosely are also retrospective. Everyone was happy with both fights. You can't give a guy stick for selective match making in retrospect. If it's a good fight before hand then the outcome should have no bearing on whether he gets praised or crucified for said match.

Like I said, if Floyd fights Manny and destroys him you'll say he waited until he slipped our some other shit. Same with Martinez and Bradley.

Thats called Hating.

Marquez beat pac, Ortiz no heart? didn't you see the Berto fight? He probably beats Bradley, who you'd be happy with, before he is routed that is.

Your points on Hatton and Mosely are also retrospective. Everyone was happy with both fights. You can't give a guy stick for selective match making in retrospect. If it's a good fight before hand then the outcome should have no bearing on whether he gets praised or crucified for said match.

Like I said, if Floyd fights Manny and destroys him you'll say he waited until he slipped our some other shit. Same with Martinez and Bradley.

Thats called Hating.

Who said Moseley/Hatton fights were good before hand? They were good for Floyd's bank balance and little else.

I will say it now for you instead of waiting until after the fight. Floyd HAS waited for Pacquiao to slip. He will do exactly the same with Martinez. I would give him full credit for beating Bradley.

Floyd doesn't want to fight the best, he wants to make the most money for the least risk and protect his '0'. Not the mark of true great IMO. Boxing will be a better place without him.

So not even convincing defeats of Pac/Martinez would merit praise but beating Bradley would?

Ok, we'll agree to disagree.

A convincing defeat of Pacquiao WOULD HAVE been impressive.

A convincing defeat of Martinez WOULD be impressive if he took it now or at least soon.

I would give him credit for the Bradleys/Khans purely because they look like they have the potential to be a difficult proposition i.e. there is at least some risk on Floyd's part.

Bradley is a bum

Anyone see ringside last wk ?

At the PAC v Marquez fight khan bumped into him and told him to grow some balls

He looked like a rabbit caught in the headlines and very much smaller in stature compared to a massive looking khan