Boxing and MMA

Just now, SuperPapac05 said:

One to better the first fight. and Two to send a message to Fury and Wilder. If this was the message he was sending then I'd imagine they are both pishing themselves laughing. 

The message he sent is he can be smart in a ring instead of just going for it from round one, and hes got his belts back that's all that matters.  Any messages to them would be in the ring with them.

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

Why did he need to knock him out?  

Because folks who want to see two guys beat lumps out of each other rather than a boxing match demand it. It's obvious to everyone that Ruiz has the stronger chin. Utterly stupid for Joshua to seek a brawl just to satisfy those looking for one instead of boxing smart. He's won back his belts and now can move onto bigger fights all the while protecting himself. It'll be the same story with Wilder should they finally fight.

Negative tactics from Joshua, but it was the smart fight that gave the much shorter man no real chance. The big ring helped a lot too.

I do think Joshua loses to both Fury and Wilder. Both are big enough.

Ruiz is a dangerous fighter who nobody will want a part of. Wee fat guy, but hits hard and fast - could be hell for many a champion. He might find the next phase of his career hard to catch a break.

Just now, hammer93 said:

Wilder gets far too much respect in here....if he didn't possess such power in his punch I doubt he would have got to the top of the world....no doubt when he lands that right hand it's a sleeping tablet but actual ability to box not exactly the greatest 

Dont think hes a great boxer and think Fury could do him. 

He would destroy Joshua though and theres no chance he will be looking for that fight anytime soon.....

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

Wilder gets far too much respect in here....if he didn't possess such power in his punch I doubt he would have got to the top of the world....no doubt when he lands that right hand it's a sleeping tablet but actual ability to box not exactly the greatest 

If he didn't posses that power he wouldn't be in the top 20.

4 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

But... he does possess freakish explosiveness.

Whilst technically limited, it really isn't a bad trait for a guy who's job is punching.

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Hut he does possess that power bro.. he possesses so much power that it over compensates his reduced level of skill.

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

But... he does possess freakish explosiveness.

Whilst technically limited, it really isn't a bad trait for a guy who's job is punching.

To be fair to Wilder its some gift. He is a shocking boxer, but that punch strength is incredible.