Boxing and MMA

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

That Ruiz Jr was a fat disgrace last night. 

Still, £10m payday last night so will never need to work a day in his life again. 

Aye if the belts meant as much to him as he repeatedly told everyone in the build up he would have prepared properly for his first defence, now he’s shouting for a 3rd fight chasing the dollars.  AJ should move on. 

Lost a bit of respect for Ruiz last night.  

7 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Overeems lip. 🙁

While you’ll have all sorts phoning Garage today to see if they left their coat in the cloakroom, Overeem will be the first one calling the Capital One Arena to ask if the other half of his face turned up in the cheap seats.

16 hours ago, northern bear said:

He's put on weight as well since his last fight. Cant see him lasting much longer tbh

Think he said he hadn't trained for 6 months and he obviously had everything hanging over him. He knew he was overweight and took the fight at 3 week notice I believe knowing he wasn't in great shape but still good enough to win.

I think he'll be in much better shape for his next fight.

I don't see any outsiders who can threaten if I'm being honest,  the lads like Aspinall and Dobey won't be suprise packages like they were 12 mnth ago, can't see Anderson being able to compete like he has in the past, his back problems seem to have taken away his spark...I hope I'm wrong mind you, I think it's a straight toss up between MGV & Price....in truth they are the 2 best on current form and both have plenty of bottle....if their is a suprise package to have a decent tournament then Lewis may just have a squeak, he has shown shades of his former self of late and as a previous winner and runner up the format clearly suits him.

Gerwyn Price doesn't have a great record in this tournament so I'll be avoiding him.

I'd expect him to play John Henderson in the third round. Obviously if Price is firing on cylinders it would be an easy win but if not, Hendersons averages are usually quite steady and could snatch it.