Boxing and MMA

Felix Sturm won last night, Zbik retired in his corner at the end of 9th. Strong performance from Sturm, pretty much one the fight with one arm, using his jab and left hook.

Katsidis lost a majority decision against Albert Mensah in his first fight at 140. Katsidis must seriously consider retiring imo.

Rios fails to make a weight again for his fight against Richard Abril, came in at 137, weighed in a second time 139. He has to move up to 140, can't keep punishing himself when he quite clearly can't make lightweight.

Felix Sturm won last night, Zbik retired in his corner at the end of 9th. Strong performance from Sturm, pretty much one the fight with one arm, using his jab and left hook.

Katsidis lost a majority decision against Albert Mensah in his first fight at 140. Katsidis must seriously consider retiring imo.

Rios fails to make a weight again for his fight against Richard Abril, came in at 137, weighed in a second time 139. He has to move up to 140, can't keep punishing himself when he quite clearly can't make lightweight.

I refuse to watch sturm for the simple fact is he refuses to leave his motherland

Katsidis is finished

Bam bam should move up now, what was Marquez weight?

(tu)

That mick hennessey talks utter pish everytime he's on with fury

The guys a bum

Saying fury is the only heavyweight that could do what fury done tonight

What a joke

Get this clown in with price or deontay wilder pronto to put him on his arse

I refuse to watch sturm for the simple fact is he refuses to leave his motherland

Katsidis is finished

Bam bam should move up now, what was Marquez weight?

(tu)

I like Sturm to be honest but I think I might be in the minority lol. I don't think he will see much reasons to fight out of Germany, he's a sell out.

Marquez came in at 140. Hopefully if both Rios and Marquez win they can fight each other in the summer.

That mick hennessey talks utter pish everytime he's on with fury

The guys a bum

Saying fury is the only heavyweight that could do what fury done tonight

What a joke

Get this clown in with price or deontay wilder pronto to put him on his arse

Deontay Wilder is the definition of protected. I'd like to see Fury in with Price though or a rematch with Chisora.

Shame about Groves (possibly karma from his 'injury' prior to the Anderson fight) but nobody will be too bothered about Cleverly.

I think the card is still going ahead, with Billy Joe-Saunders main eventing. To be honest I'd probably rather watch him than watch Cleverly spar with someone again for 12 rounds.

Talk of Gary Sykes fighting broner on amir khans undercard

WTF

How did he manage that one

Well I will take my hat off to Sykes Don't know how they managed to get that on. Who's sykes promoter?

At least he's not avoiding him like burns

Derry Matthews beat Crolla with a 6th round TKO. Big upset.

DeGale won by 4th round TKO over Cristian Sanavia.

Watched fight this morning. Cracking fight and massive upset. Was it just me or did Derry look the much bigger man in there?

Watched fight this morning. Cracking fight and massive upset. Was it just me or did Derry look the much bigger man in there?

Aye, he did look bigger, punched heavier too. Crolla was game as, but he was fairly reckless and paid the price. The stoppage was too soon though.

Mares and Moreno won as well, and should fight each other. Plenty of options in and around super bantam though.

Just get the fights made.

Crolla looked comfortable until the double uppercut

After that it was a slog from both with DM being stronger and slugging it out

Great for the neutral

Burns and Mitchell are way ahead of all the others in the top 10

John Murray included

terrible stoppage imo, Crolla was in no immediate trouble, and only 3 seconds left in the round - i think the r ef was just feeling really uncomfortable wit hthat cut - although imo, the fight woudl have been stopped after another round or 2 anyway given how bad that cut was.

entertaiing fight though, neither seemed overly fussed with defending. good to see derry mathews come back after that sickening nose break in his last fight.

Crolla looked comfortable until the double uppercut

After that it was a slog from both with DM being stronger and slugging it out

Great for the neutral

Burns and Mitchell are way ahead of all the others in the top 10

John Murray included

Maybe just me but I don't rate John Murray.

Thought the Crolla-Matthews was good, stoppage was probably a bit premature but it would have been stopped on that cut anyway IMO.

Was a must win fight for Derry and he delivered. Was good to see he was defensively a bit better on the inside than he was in his last fight. Marsili couldn't miss with his uppercut on the inside when they fought.

Anselmo Moreno is quality. A fight between him and Mares would be excellent, even better would be Moreno v Donaire - elite defence vs elite offence. Unlikely to happen though because of GBP and Top Rank. I think Moreno v Mares will happen end of this year start of next.

Not comparing them as fighters, but when I watch Moreno I can't help but think of Pernell Whitaker.