Boxing and MMA

AJ winning at any point in that fight is why boxing is a joke. He wasn’t ahead once in that fight and after round 8 looked absolutely terrified that Usyk looked like he’d just started. 

He has to be finished after that, he doesn’t deserve to win them back or fight anyone else. 

Rematch will go the same way. Usyk is levels above AJ and could have ended that fight last night if he wanted to but was happy to outbox him over 12 rounds instead.

Not buying the rushed to hospital excuse from Hearn either. AJ fucking off to his dressing room after the scores were read out was classless as fuck.

4 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Rematch will go the same way. Usyk is levels above AJ and could have ended that fight last night if he wanted to but was happy to outbox him over 12 rounds instead.

Not buying the rushed to hospital excuse from Hearn either. AJ fucking off to his dressing room after the scores were read out was classless as fuck.

Not even sure if he had to be coaxed by his corner to stand up for the result.
It's just a shame you eventually have to face boxers who fight back.

It looked to me that Joshua started to work Usyk out in the middle rounds but couldn't build on it.

Went 3-0 Usyk, 3-1, 4-1, 4-4, 6-4 (maybe 5-5 at an absolute push with tinted specs on), 8-4 or 7-5 in the end.

Would have been interesting if it was Usyk's eye that closed up rather than Joshua's.

Rematch probably goes the same way but it's mental the disrespect Joshua's getting in here.

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Hopefully Joshua will stop banging on about Fury now. 

He's so fucking desperate for that pay day, doesn't deserve it. 

Fury would school him as will Usyk in the rematch but if there's one thing Joshua doesn't need it's a pay day :lol:

6 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

It looked to me that Joshua started to work Usyk out in the middle rounds but couldn't build on it.

Went 3-0 Usyk, 3-1, 4-1, 4-4, 6-4 (maybe 5-5 at an absolute push with tinted specs on), 8-4 or 7-5 in the end.

Would have been interesting if it was Usyk's eye that closed up rather than Joshua's.

Rematch probably goes the same way but it's mental the disrespect Joshua's getting in here.

He came out in the 6th round a bit more aggressive looking to drop Usyk.

I always think once it goes into the latter stages of a fight Joshua starts to look frustrated and out of ideas. When the knockout doesn't come he doesn't know what to do.

12 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He came out in the 6th round a bit more aggressive looking to drop Usyk.

I always think once it goes into the latter stages of a fight Joshua starts to look frustrated and out of ideas. When the knockout doesn't come he doesn't know what to do.

Seemed out of ideas after the first round last night, had a wee spell mid fight where he was landing a few shots but all he was throwing the full fight was a jab and a straight right, probably count on one hand the amount of hooks he let go and was too scared to get in close to use his upper cut, that’s normally one of his best weapons when landed properly. Was flat footed, first few rounds he just stood in the middle of the ring and his head movement was non existent. Was really poor from him. 

I thought Nick Diaz was quite a sad spectacle if I'm being honest. He looked every bit his 38 years and more when you compare it to how Lawler (who is a year older) moved. 

Schevchenko is an absolute monster and Volkanovski is a machine as well. He looked like he could go another 5 rounds at the end of that fight.

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

If Joshua really wants to improve he needs to patch his coach that's for starters. 

Think it was Lennox who said Joshuas a world champion with an amateur coach and he’s bang on. Tactically they get it all wrong trying to jab and box top boxers when he clearly doesn’t have the ring IQ or movement to pull it off. 

9 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

If Joshua really wants to improve he needs to patch his coach that's for starters. 

Aye needs a fresh start and a new approach hes became stale and boring as fuck. Mind the second Ruiz fight he took a different approach kept on his toes with constant movement, I know he got criticised for that performance but he got his tactics right that night after what happened in the first fight imo 

He needs a proper game plan going into the rematch with Usyk, I’m not sure how he wins it though without a KO 

8 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Seemed out of ideas after the first round last night, had a wee spell mid fight where he was landing a few shots but all he was throwing the full fight was a jab and a straight right, probably count on one hand the amount of hooks he let go and was too scared to get in close to use his upper cut, that’s normally one of his best weapons when landed properly. Was flat footed, first few rounds he just stood in the middle of the ring and his head movement was non existent. Was really poor from him. 

Think Usyk caught him with a couple of shots early on that maybe made him a bit hesitant as well. A lot gets made about Usyk supposedly not having the power but he had Bellew out cold and rocked Joshua a good few times last night too.

Thought it was telling that Joshua let Usyk command centre of the ring right from the start too. The only time I can ever really remember him doing that was the first Ruiz fight which he also comfortably lost as well. Strange approach from him.

As for that wee cunt Hatton fucking criminal whoever made the decision to move him straight from novice amateur to the pro ranks, fucking terrible decision. My boy won the Scottish novices and is no where near ready to go pro. It’s all about the name.

Wee mans coaches were in a WhatsApp group chat with some of the boys during the fight and said that they coach their amateurs better than what Hattons been coached. 

Edit- just read that he actually won another couple of amateur titles after winning the novices but I still think they moved him up to quick 

14 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

As for that wee cunt Hatton fucking criminal whoever made the decision to move him straight from novice amateur to the pro ranks, fucking terrible decision. My boy won the Scottish novices and is no where near ready to go pro. It’s all about the name.

Wee mans coaches were in a WhatsApp group chat with some of the boys during the fight and said that they coach their amateurs better than what Hattons been coached. 

I'm sure his coach said last night they made him turn pro a year or 2 early because the pandemic shit would have left him inactive for too long.

He definitely doesn't look ready, I've not been impressed by him at all.

6 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I'm sure his coach said last night they made him turn pro a year or 2 early because the pandemic shit would have left him inactive for too long.

Yeh he did say that. Was an absolute robbery last night but worse than that he’s going to potentially get badly hurt getting in a ring with pros when he’s only 20 and clearly not ready. I know they’re not going to be putting him in with anyone half decent but still shouldn’t be there. I’m surprised his dad hasn’t had a word.

21 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He made that other boy look good last night with how poor he was. School boy stuff. Ref seemed to take a dislike to the other boy because of his show boating warned him during the fight about it then raised Hattons arm the end, terrible unprofessional decision. If they had judges I’m betting not one of them would have have gave Hatton the win, he got battered fs

1 hour ago, SkylineBlue said:

I thought Nick Diaz was quite a sad spectacle if I'm being honest. He looked every bit his 38 years and more when you compare it to how Lawler (who is a year older) moved. 

Schevchenko is an absolute monster and Volkanovski is a machine as well. He looked like he could go another 5 rounds at the end of that fight.

He looked 58 to be honest. Diaz was always known for his cardio, but he was blowing out of his arse within 30 seconds. It was disappointing to see.