Boxing and MMA

Just now, KingKirk said:

Kash Farooq v Lee mcgregor early 2022 hydro fight is done @Tiger Shaw

Not heard anything yet mate wee man was in the ring shadow boxing with Kash Tuesday night, never mentioned it.

Quality if it’s on mate that’s the fight Kash has wanted.

3 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Not heard anything yet mate wee man was in the ring shadow boxing with Kash Tuesday night, never mentioned it.

Quality if it’s on mate that’s the fight Kash has wanted.

Hearn confirmed it on IFL TV done both could fight separate this year but the fight is signed for early 2022 at hydro 👍

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Tickets no problem mate 👍 cheers anyway mate 

Where did you hear this mate ma boy said nobodys mentioned anything about it down the gym, I’m assuming this has just been agreed/finalised over the weekend?

ignore mate just seen your post above 😆

2 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

I thought Nick Diaz was quite a sad spectacle if I'm being honest. He looked every bit his 38 years and more when you compare it to how Lawler (who is a year older) moved. 

Schevchenko is an absolute monster and Volkanovski is a machine as well. He looked like he could go another 5 rounds at the end of that fight.

Between him asking for a higher weight, comments before and after the fight and how he looked in there, I think he had absolutely no desire to be in there. Only reason I can think of is he needs/wanted the money badly. 

Agree on Shevchenko absolutely outrageous nobody is coming close to her soon as long as she stays focused. 

12 minutes ago, Craig/ said:

Between him asking for a higher weight, comments before and after the fight and how he looked in there, I think he had absolutely no desire to be in there. Only reason I can think of is he needs/wanted the money badly. 

Agree on Shevchenko absolutely outrageous nobody is coming close to her soon as long as she stays focused. 

The only threat to Shevchenko or Nunes is if they agree to fight at bantamweight. 

20 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

The only threat to Shevchenko or Nunes is if they agree to fight at bantamweight. 

Did you see before the fight Diaz was saying he doesn’t know why he’s fighting Lawlor and not Usman? Fuck sake imagine Usman in there with that Diaz 😂😂

12 minutes ago, Craig/ said:

Did you see before the fight Diaz was saying he doesn’t know why he’s fighting Lawlor and not Usman? Fuck sake imagine Usman in there with that Diaz 😂😂

Aye that’s a terrible mismatch based on Diaz performance last night. I don’t know what was going on but unless he has a trick card up his sleeve it looked like he was just there for the money. 

16 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

No he isn't. You don't beat who he has and be a unified champ and be shite.  

Wouldn’t say he’s shite I would say he’s a limited boxer who’s over achieved in an era where we’re not blessed with many if any true world class heavyweights. Also seems to have lost the heart he showed against Klitscho. When he takes heavy shots now you see his demeanour instantly change, looks like he doesn’t want to be there. Needs to find that fire again he had at the start of his career. I’m not sure he can though.  

8 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Wouldn’t say he’s shite I would say he’s a limited boxer who’s over achieved in an era where we’re not blessed with many if any true world class heavyweights. Also seems to have lost the heart he showed against Klitscho. When he takes heavy shots now you see his demeanour instantly change, looks like he doesn’t want to be there. Needs to find that fire again he had at the start of his career. I’m not sure he can though.  

He had a boxing match with a master boxer. And he's a bigger guy. It was terrible tactics. He gave himself no chance of winning. If he's not willing to buckle down and be prepared to get wacked then hang em up and go live in Dubai or something. 

11 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Styles make fights I guess but probably not fighting like that. Maybe if he just went for the body and inside fighting. But Fury I think is the king right now. 

Fury’s too smart for AJ but definitely a fight I would like to see even without the belts on the line.

Fury v Usyk could be an interesting match up. What’s your thoughts on that possible bout mate? 

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Fury’s too smart for AJ but definitely a fight I would like to see even without the belts on the line.

Fury v Usyk could be an interesting match up. What’s your thoughts on that possible bout mate? 

Fury beats Usyk, too big and too awkward, would fiddle his way through the fight comfortable on the scorecards, would be more interesting than fury dismantling AJ right enough.